What things confused you when you were a newb?

benisfab

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a newb I tried making a sappire ring once I got the required crafting lvl. I made a gold ring with the only bar I had and tried using the sapphire on it (LOL). It didn't work of course and so I stood next to the furnace for 5 mins wondering why and looking like a newb.

12markkram34.gif

A high leveled friend(level 28 i think, well, for me it was a high level) showed me Goblin Village, because I still trained at level 2 Goblins when I was level 15.

But when he left, I didn't know how to get back to good old Lumbridge. :(

I found it after some wandering though.

I once saw someone with a Halloween mask in Goblin Village. Only, I didn't know it was a mask.

So I asked how he became a monster like that. He said he did something wrong in a quest and got mutated...I actually believed that.

Later, at the end of the Demon Slayer quest, you've say that spell correct, right? I thought if you chose the wrong spell, you got mutated like that. I was pretty happy when I (accidently(I clicked the option at the bottom because I thought it said ''Click here to continue'' ))chose the right spell.

For one it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to open a door...2 minutes to realize I used to mouse not the arrow keys to move....and 4 days to figure out what "noob" meant.Before this game I never played a online game so it was new to me.

Rofl alot of good stories especially the1.3k gold hacker one :D

I remember back in 01 the only way i could make money was the goblin house. I waited for the iron dagger spawn and collected 28 of them and then went to the sword shop in varrock and sold 1, waited for the store to restock and bring it down, and sold another. Took me FOREVER to get 1k and buy full iron but when I did i was like yea... im the greatest and i would laugh at the noobs wearing nothing :D

In my newb days i picked the wrong food from the sandwhich lady which of course got me lost. Then since i was lost tried to change worlds and that didn't work so i made another account which is the one i currently use :D . Then the home tele came out in 2 days #-o .

228996.png

Unlike most people, I wiki'd runescape befor I played.... of course making cash was always confusing In til a nice ( can't remember-god bless you nice dude-) gave me 50k <3:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

i thought ppl with a skull over their head were at low hit points and were close to dying and needed food.

i thought the tutors on tutorial island would be jagex employees and i was nervous about starting.

i thought people chose roles in the game and would play those out like chefs and smiths etc. not do it all.

couldnt figure out how to make a fire until i saw a tinderbox over someone's head and finally figured it out.

I didnt know you could use arrow keys until rs2! i found spots in the game to center north and then set it to stop moving.

i couldnt find the place to fish either for a while, then started behind the altar south of falador, west of port sarim.

my interests in smithing and mining led me to tipit.

i remember in my first days wandering and finding a gold rock and i couldnt believe i could mine it and that there wasnt 50 people around trying to mine it. it was my discovery! i would be rich. \'

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

PK Skulls confused the heck outta me.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I remember me and my friend always used to train on men in lumby in that room with the spinning wheel. We used to bury bones aswell. One time, there was a high level ther (lvl. 30 lol) so I got to burying my bones and then i see a "You will not leave this place mortal" I thought it was the high level killing me. My friend didnt go in that place for a month becuase he thought he would die.

sig.gif

I thought "pk" was "Perfect Kill" and as long as I lost some hp during the fight I wouldn't get skulled.

I used to think defense and hp were trained by getting hit, so I would go fight stuff without armor alot.