Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

Here's something I realized a few moments ago about this skill...

If some of you were observant when the Warrior Guild first came out, the Strength Trainer (at the shot-put toss) mentioned him obtaining his axe from a Barbarian in a contest to catch a squirrel. He swung the axe, chopped down the tree and caught the squirrel...

Sounds like hunting? I'd say so... and I think that means we'll have the opportunity to get that axe... :thumbsup:

Just imagine what that thing will hit... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it might be a bit bad... How long is it since construction? 4 months, that sounds like it's be rushed. Think of all the other updates, and they've been doing this. They have either cut corners, worked secretly on constructioon and hunting or worked hard, let's hope they aren't lazy. :P

Oh well I'm stocked up and I have a plan to get me rich (Not saying)

depends..., it could be incredibly great.. and full of glitches, or like you said crappy but no glitches?

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

here is my 2 cents.

lets start from the first thought that went into my head...

1.hunting? isnt that slayer?

A--I thought yes at first but when i began to think again, it was a no. slayer is the "art" or "practice" of knowing ur opponent monster combat practice and the way to dispose of him.

The Slayer skill allows you to kill those strange creatures that you may previously have thought immune to your attacks. These beasts have been holding treasure for a long time, so by slaying them you may find great rewards.

B--Hunting is similar to slayer as u are actually killing ur prey or oppenent. But wouldnt this be similar to the "tracking" of khazard troops in regicide? maybe we lay down little traps to catch squirrels, rabbits, ect at first but then we could hunt dangerous beast. This skill will probably involve more of the tracking down the prey rather than the slaying of prey.

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list is a non-combat skill which gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures!

2. Wouldnt it be more of a support skill?

I beleive it is. Considering you have to track down, trap or kill, then(my thought) do something with the body(cooking for food). it seems like it will have ties to many other skills, mostly Slayer and combat skills. But i suspect cooking and crafting will be a big part in this skill, or the rewards from this skill. I beleive many, if not all, of the skills will have some involvement in Hunting. Maybe even some fur carpets for your house? A foreign area with new trees? Some new fishing spots and new ways to prepare food? Who knows, only way to know is when it comes out.

3. Why havnt i heard of this before?

I, personally, have not heard of a hunting skill before, and, if i had, i most likely assusmed it was Slayer. Lets just hope they did not rush this skill to entertain the top players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats my 2 cents, anyone wanna compliment, flame or complain go right ahead.

soulthresher.png

I highly Doubt From the description of this new Skill that it will be any good..i Really think it might be a let down..Dunno i cant say 100% because i might and chances are will be proven Wrong. But hey i think they have run out of ideas for Skills so it doesnt matter.

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

Sounds amazingly awesome!!!

Hope it's not another sorry attempt at a money drain, and i really hope it'll actually be interesting to train....unlike farming and construction.

Also hope I get my fire cape first, just lagged out on world 99 on my first attempt....stupid DSL. I was @ 360 180 180 btw..... sooo close to Jad on first attempt!!!

Well still can't wait for hunting!!!

t3hshabster.png

looks to me like the hunter skill is going to be kind of like farming animal skins :/

Maybe we'll finally get to enchant ruby necklaces to be able to tell when a traps been snapped :P

I mean seriously look:

Bait = seed

Trap = patch

Waiting for animal to take it = waiting for stuff to grow

Taking animal = taking fruits and such

Taking animal for fur = herbs for herblore >.>

People seem concerned that it's too like slayer, I'm more scared it'll be too much like farming! :-k #-o

And has anyone thought about animal rights activists. We'll probably have all these n00bs jumping up and down near the traps saying we're killing animals :uhh:

Or maybe go on some headline on the next "EVIL" game that teachers children to kill animals or something :ohnoes:

OMG people stop thinking how bad the skill will be!

It's going to be good! Jagex won't disappoint you that much!

And construction was a really money drainer, BUT IT'S AN AWESOME SKILL.

Sorry for the people who think about money only, but I enjoy spending milions on construction. It's nice seeing you make yourself a beautiful house.

Let's not hope it'll be a disappointing skill, let's hope we'll enjoy it!

[quote=

sapphyreseraph ] Or maybe go on some headline on the next "EVIL" game that teachers children to kill animals or something :ohnoes: "

Because so far it was known as the good game where players stroke dragons and give food for Demons? :lol:

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

i hope it comes november 13 i have no schooll that day i plan to nolife it.

but if it comes on a different monday it will need to be nolifed on the tuesday.

they released it cause to many people were getting maxed.

they said it would be a noncombat skill =) i don't wanna raise combat.

StarViv.png

Or maybe go on some headline on the next "EVIL" game that teachers children to kill animals or something :ohnoes: "

Because so far it was known as the good game where stroking dragons and giving food for Demons? :lol:

I guess you do make a a point there :P

They haven't complained about the butchering of the chickens for feathers yet :P :-w

damn! this is a bad idea! they are popping out with too many skills TOO fast! are they working on them? i have a feeling it will all be saturated crap.......anyways definately NOT cool

fixfriendsol7.gif

It is totally wrong. You are more likely to hit someone drunk. Usually in a car.
Yes, good concept. Dont drink and drive, you might spill your beer.

http://img148.imageshack.us

maybe jagex will FINALLY release guns! \' (J/k j/k) Oh well. another skill to train. I hope i can actually use it to MAKE money and not lose it like construction.

Hmm... a new skill. do you know what else this means? N0va is definately getting knocked off the front page of high scores since he isnt a member anymore.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Ahh.. I dunno why people are calling this skill down. I bet it will be pretty good. Although it does sound alot like slayer.. But, maybe they'll release some new weps and armour that will be like the whip and 60000trillion yen more and way more overrated. Sadly it will be a members skill :( and i aint wasting 12 bucks just to play like 5 times out of 30 days i could use it.. WOOT 300 bucks away from my PC.. I cant wait to see how this skill pans out. Wonder what new creature will be released? Will the armour be good? Will it cost lots like con.? Will the weapons be good? Will you have to finish one of the quests that they're releasing to use it? :-k Some questions to ponder ::'

icedearth06.png

More Tip.it Friends Needed! Feel Free To Add Me\m/ Tip.it's Biggest Metalhead.

maybe jagex will FINALLY release guns! \' (J/k j/k) Oh well. another skill to train. I hope i can actually use it to MAKE money and not lose it like construction.

Hmm... a new skill. do you know what else this means? N0va is definately getting knocked off the front page of high scores since he isnt a member anymore.

Am i the only one that noticed that each time the #2 player stops playing( because of death or just quitting) within 3 months there is a new skill and they are off the front page for good.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I'm really lazy. Too lazy to read 8 pages. So don't blame me if this has already been brought up. (Blame me...Sure...)

How will the skill menu look? I doubt there's enough space on there to fit both the new skill icon AND the total level. So will we get a scroll bar? Or will total level be moved?

And I'm going to wait for it to come before I judge it. Currently, I'm guessing it's going to be alright. Not that good, but not as bad as farming. Actually...It's probably going to be like farming. It'll take a long time. You'll probably have to set a trap, wait an hour or something like that, come back, capture the animal, and do whatever to it.

Anything relating to combat except for magic isn't my style, so hopefully this won't involve combat. Just traps and stuff like that.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

sounds like a cool skill

two new skills released so close to each does seem a little rushed but they planned it i think =/

i wonder what this hunting cape is going to look like not that i know what the skills truely going to be about

sephiroth.jpg

juanflores1.png

barrows drops-my first ahrims top