Let's Talk About Player-Mods

Elphinstone

As a mod myself, I try to act as an ambassador for Jagex as much as I can. If I get overwhelmed, I don't call people noobs or swear.. I just add them to my ignore list.

I try to act as much like a normal player as I can unless I need to use my mod powers.. And even then, I normally just throw off players who are rude to me. If they're rude enough to warrant a mute, I mute them. Simple.

And on the other extreme, I don't really like it when people worship me. Even if I just muted an advertiser bot, the removal of the bot is all the reward I need.. Not a bunch of newbies following me around. (Half of them ask for free stuff too. :-k)

My point of view may be biased because I am a mod, but I don't think we deserve any really special recognition. However, we don't need to be universally hated.. Stereotyping is one of the things I hate most. Especially when it's directed at me. :(

Just remember I'm a player.. Not a god, a machine or a punching bag.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I meet a Play Mod I'll treat him nicely.

If I meet a player I'll treat him nicely.

If I meet an idiot Play Mod, I'll treat him like crap.

If I meet an idiot I'll treat him like crap.

If I meet a good friend Player Mod, I'll treat him with respect.

If I meet a good freind I'll treat him with respect.

I treat Player-Mods the same as any other player, you should do the same. :wink:

I agree except you shouldn't treat anyone like crap just 'cause they're an idiot. Just smile and wave and walk on. Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Sig.jpg

If I meet a Play Mod I'll treat him nicely.

If I meet a player I'll treat him nicely.

If I meet an idiot Play Mod, I'll treat him like crap.

If I meet an idiot I'll treat him like crap.

If I meet a good friend Player Mod, I'll treat him with respect.

If I meet a good freind I'll treat him with respect.

I treat Player-Mods the same as any other player, you should do the same. :wink:

I agree except you shouldn't treat anyone like crap just 'cause they're an idiot. Just smile and wave and walk on. Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Madagascar penguins :P

Epee-Signature-2.png

I have many Player Moderator friends. They are really nice people. You can't just go around harassing them. You have to remember what goes around, comes around. :wink:

Player Moderators have to go through a lot of stress. They are pressured with questions coming at a mile a minute. Don't forget the pressures of people asking them to report a whole bunch of bots or to report this person. Everyone has to understand that they are players too and that their role as a Player Moderator is entirely voluntary. They are players first and moderators last. Remember that. :wink:

With that being said, there are people that choose to ignore this and to continue to abuse Player Moderators. Some even have a stereotype that they all abuse their power. They have to understand that only a few Player Moderators out of the large community of them power abuse.

As mentioned, there are people who feel that they are all-knowing gods. It's not just the questions, it's just the fact that people target them in the Wilderness for just being a Player Moderator. You have to understand that they have the same exact stats as any normal player and only have extra abilities to help out Customer Support and the RuneScape Community.

In conclusion, Player Moderators need respect. After all, they are people too. ::'

j0xPu5R.png

I think people are way to obsessed with them. Runescape Forum mods too. I mean, you go to other games and other forums and they are just regular people. I think its because in RS you have so many little kids and mod posistions are generally only obtainable (I'd say especially so for forums) by kissing alot of [wagon] and brown nosing people think.

Just what I think.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I've had a few bad experiences with p mods... For example, once, I was mining gold in Karamja, and after about 5 hours straight of mining, after banking, I saw a p mod was there. I was telling him (nicely and politely) that I had been using this world, and everything, and then all of a sudden he threatened to mute me for "abusive language"! P mods like that I just want to destroy...

Nonetheless, most all p mods are great, nice people, that i treat with great respect.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

One time I was selling my iron ore and I had like 20k to sell...

this player moderator messaged me and said "Do you still have 10k iron?" and I was like "yea, I do" and then he was like "Okay okay can you hold it for me please? I just need to sell these potions and then I can buy it. I will pay you 150each if you hold it for me because I really need it! Thanks!"

and then I was like (to myself) "oh wow this guy is pretty cool, respects my needs and very reasonable (paying extra because I have to wait), Jagex made a nice p-mod choice.

And then.. like 20 minutes later, he didn't respond to my PM (this was my like 3rd PM total sent to him, 1st reminder, so I WASNT badgering him) asking him if he still wanted the iron... and then later he just logged off and never logged on again :/ meanie

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I think people are way to obsessed with them. Runescape Forum mods too. I mean, you go to other games and other forums and they are just regular people. I think its because in RS you have so many little kids and mod posistions are generally only obtainable (I'd say especially so for forums) by kissing alot of [wagon] and brown nosing people think.

Just what I think.

I actually rather resent that (even though I know that's just your opinion :)). Prior to being a moderator, I was never anything other than myself, and I would never suck up to anyone. I'd never so much as spoken to a moderator, and had only seen probably 2 at most before I became one. I knew about moderators but doubted I'd ever become one. I minded my own business, and concentrated on reporting scammers, macroers, account traders (who are usually scammers) and advertisers.

I'm jealous of player mods. I wish I could be one.

Anyways, I treat player mods the same as other players. I do see some people though who say stuff like "OMG your crown is blinding me!" or "I'm going to steal your crown".

Also, I still don't fully understand how they choose player mods. I've heard some stories of people will relatively low totals, who also haven't been playing long, being asked to be a player mod.

I get the crown thieves a lot :(. Fortunately, I tell them the crown is stuck on with supa-ultra-mega-glue for which only Jagex has the antidote ;)

As for people getting chosen for player mods... it has nothing at all to do with stats or levels ;). It's based on (but not limited to) in-game attitude, politeness and maturity. Also, good use of language (spelling, grammar, punctuation) always looks good, and of course, accurate reports, will be a huge help ;P.

More information on player mods is available, of course, either through the Runescape Knowledge Base, or by talking to a Town Crier ;)

Player since August 2006, Player Moderator since February 2007.

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

~ If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy? ~

As for people getting chosen for player mods... it has nothing at all to do with stats or levels ;). It's based on (but not limited to) in-game attitude, politeness and maturity. Also, good use of language (spelling, grammar, punctuation) always looks good, and of course, accurate reports, will be a huge help ;P.

More information on player mods is available, of course, either through the Runescape Knowledge Base, or by talking to a Town Crier ;)

You honestly believe that? If you can name a player mod who is low lvled I will go kill myself. And don't say there aren't low lvled dedicated players.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

You honestly believe that? If you can name a player mod who is low lvled I will go kill myself. And don't say there aren't low lvled dedicated players.

Hands up who's met a lvl 3 moderator?

*raises hand*

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

Miner I = level 3 = player moderator...

So, when you kill yourself, can I have your stuff?

I really hate people who judge by combat.... 4 99's INCLUDING smithing and crafting is not a low lvl. I am talking about somebody who is 50 combat, walks around in their mix of addy and rune armor, and maybe has one or two skills above 70.

Eshtoal, I'm assuming you are also talking about a skiller?

I mean a "newb" if you will? I've met tons who follow the rules. I know I did when I was knew.

Miner I = level 3 = player moderator...

So, when you kill yourself, can I have your stuff?

I really hate people who judge by combat.... 4 99's INCLUDING smithing and crafting is not a low lvl. I am talking about somebody who is 50 combat, walks around in their mix of addy and rune armor, and maybe has one or two skills above 70.

Eshtoal, I'm assuming you are also talking about a skiller?

I mean a "newb" if you will? I've met tons who follow the rules. I know I did when I was knew.

Maybe not the best example, but a good friend (p mod) with only 8 stats ranked in high scores, total not ranked, 5 stats over 70. She was modded a few months after myself, is pure f2p and was about level 60 at the time.

Being a moderator is not based on stats, but obviously people who play more will acrew more experience, and you have to be in it to win it, so the saying goes.

EDIT: Just rememered another name. Look up Wise Alexei please.

Edit 2: Hope you weren't serious about killing yourself :|

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

eshtaol.png

only 1 has gotton mad at me before... i beat him in a dual cause i wore veracs...

he was 10 levels higher and triple staked me...

called me a changer noob cause i switched from affliction robes to real armor...

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Wise alexei... k true. No 99's not very high in alot of stuff. 86 is basically two lvl 79's though which is what I was considering a good player... Never the less, I'd still like an example of the "newb" I was talking about, addy/rune, etc.

I've seen a level 11 but he was a skiller, other than that I know a mod who was level 57 the first time I saw him with his crown, and I saw like a level I want to say 54 mod one time in Lumbridge.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

I treats Mods with the same respect as a level 3, 11, 79 or level 126 players.

Always good to do that, I do the same.

Of course, if they do something incredibly stupid or abuse their powers or break the rules, I treat them with even less respect than I would a normal player who had done the same. I do believe that P Mods should be role models, though not in their job description, it's something that comes with having power.

I've seen a level 11 but he was a skiller, other than that I know a mod who was level 57 the first time I saw him with his crown, and I saw like a level I want to say 54 mod one time in Lumbridge.

I've seen a lot of low level mods, and a lot who know less about the game than an average Tip.It player (since we're supposedly a bit more knowledgeable than an average player).

It's definitely not only based on your attitude and personality but your number of abuse reports filed. I've seen a lot of mods that say they just reported a lot of people, and got modded later. How else does JaGEx spot you out of thousands of other players?

icecube7.jpeg

p-mods are humans and players to just like all of us. Jagex tries to choose reliable players to fill these positions, but they don't know any of these people, and sometimes don't make good decisions. Some p-mods are really good and reliable people and others aren't.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

Yes, we shouldn't critize the P-mods, if they really don't deserve it. They are choosen players, hand-picked by Jagex. Sure, there are some and there have been some stupid P-Mods, but the most of them are actually very nice and decent players. The reason to why you become a P-mod is not because of that you have been nasty to other players and so, but because you have treated other players good and made RS a better community.

So stop bashing the P-Mods! The most of them are doing a great work everyday, improving the quality of RS!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

My brother is a p mod, but he doesn't abuse his "powers" acually, he ADDS random people who ask him questions and actually replys instead of saying "NO noob your dumb" or stuff like that. But I still dont like him very much :-$

Thanks lil bro , I <3: You too!

Umm....in respect to p-mods, There are over 6000 ( lest time I checked ) so there is a very high chance that you will find at least a few bad apples.

If my freinds say there is a website advertiser in their world, 99% of the time i hop and take care of it. Around once a week, I go to world 7 (tipit f2p homeworld) and go on macro hunting sprees. ( one day over 100 macros at mudskipper point, next day, 1 :D )

Alltogether player mods are a very good addition to runescape