Hidden Easter Eggs

Abyssalwhip

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales (this is how Biblo described it when he gave it to Frodo). Mithril is an extremely light armor

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in royal trouble it goes "oh its a snake" from the badger badger song lol

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales (this is how Biblo described it when he gave it to Frodo). Mithril is an extremely light armor

the word mithril comes from old fairy tails from around the 12th century and is getting more and more used in rgp games(like Runescape)

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales. Mithril is an extremely light armor

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armour that is indestructable. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructable.

w4M8t.png

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales. Mithril is an extremely light armor

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armour that is indestructable. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructable.

true....I remember when i first started playing I noticed TONS of similar things between Lotr and Rs stuff

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Mithril was added to the game in early 2001 and was the best armour at the time. It was not intended to be low level armour like it is now. Andrew could not have envisaged that the game would grow in the way that it has or that they would have to add so many types of improved armour to keep players happy.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armor that is indestructible. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructible.

Mithril was added to the game in early 2001 and was the best armour at the time. It was not intended to be low level armour like it is now. Andrew could not have envisaged that the game would grow in the way that it has or that they would have to add so many types of improved armour to keep players happy.

I am aware of this, in fact it crossed my mind to make it an although. I still don't believe Jagex ever planned Mithril from Lord of the Rings to be like the Mithril on Runescape. Mithril is supposed to be silver...not blue.

w4M8t.png

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armor that is indestructible. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructible.

I am aware of this, in fact it crossed my mind to make it an although. I still don't believe Jagex ever planned Mithril from Lord of the Rings to be like the Mithril on Runescape. Mithril is supposed to be silver...not blue.

Its not really a lotr reference even.

Runite, Adamantite and Mithril are the 3 major fantasy metals. If you look a bit deeper than popular culture fantasy books etc these 3 feature all over the place.Much like allthe incarnations ofr fairies, griffins and elves across the fantasy genre

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Runite, Adamantite and Mithril are the 3 major fantasy metals. If you look a bit deeper than popular culture fantasy books etc these 3 feature all over the place.Much like allthe incarnations ofr fairies, griffins and elves across the fantasy genre

Actually adamantine is real, it's kind of like corundum.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Yeah but most people don't know that. Where as they know its a common thing in fantasy hence one of the fantasy metals.

Like theres fantasy dwarves.

But theres real medical dwarves (genetic dwarfism)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide= here be many quotes, do you dare enter?]

[hide= you are very brave]

[hide= here they are]

[hide= really here they are]

Yeah but most people don't know that. Where as they know its a common thing in fantasy hence one of the fantasy metals.

Like theres fantasy dwarves.

But theres real medical dwarves (genetic dwarfism)

[/hide]

[/hide]

[/hide]

[/hide]

that was were funny but could we stop with the mithril spam now? <3:

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Its not spam is discussion.

Discussion is the whole point of a thread.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Its not spam is discussion.

Discussion is the whole point of a thread.

well this about funny things not mithril in general

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

Err, I think this is true, however I'm not sure :P . You know the guy who sells you climbing boots @ 12gp ea? He's calling "Sherpa Tenzing" and hes a mountain climber (i guess..?) and I think that the name of the guy to climb Mt. Everest first was called Tenzing Sherpa (lol sounds wierd) or it may be the two guys second names...Idk...

is it just me(saw on t.v. i dont mtn climb :lol: or when you climb mt. everest don't you hire a "sherpa"?

Err, I think this is true, however I'm not sure :P . You know the guy who sells you climbing boots @ 12gp ea? He's calling "Sherpa Tenzing" and hes a mountain climber (i guess..?) and I think that the name of the guy to climb Mt. Everest first was called Tenzing Sherpa (lol sounds wierd) or it may be the two guys second names...Idk...

is it just me(saw on t.v. i dont mtn climb :lol: or when you climb mt. everest don't you hire a "sherpa"?

Oh yah. I totaly forgot about those guys.

"im invincible"

James Bond Goldeneye reference. That evil scientist guy that likes to twirl his pen a lot says that all the time... those were his last words in fact.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Yes...that's what they're called, but they do have names. Freckle is right, but a little off. The Sherpa of Sir Edmund Hilary was named Tenzing Norgay.

To end the whole mithril thing, it isn't an easter egg, it's a reference of a name in lord of the rings or some other fantasy thing, but i take it as just using the name of a metal, just like everyone else did.

I think it was Mod Mark who said in a thread in RS forums that he cleverly hid some subliminal messages in the website.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

i think my new favorite is in the Cold War quest when the penguin bards say, "It needs more cowbell!"

:lol:

Yea I laughed when i saw that too, there was quite a few of them in the new quest can't remember anymore though.

I didn't understand the cowbell thing until my friend brought a Saturday Night Live DVD and introduced me to the world of SNL. Hilarious!

[hide=]

But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Go upstairs in the guard tower on Neitiznot and you'll see guards from both islands trading insults. One even came directly from Monty Python "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!" (the guards say winterberries).

speaking of those islands, anyone notice:

Neitiznot= No, it is not.

Jaitizso- Ja (ya), 'tis so.

(apologies for the horrible spelling of islands, you get the idea). probably the name reflects on the conflicts between the brothers aka kings of the islands.

[hide=]

[/hide]

montageo.png

Go upstairs in the guard tower on Neitiznot and you'll see guards from both islands trading insults. One even came directly from Monty Python "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!" (the guards say winterberries).

(apologies for the horrible spelling of islands, you get the idea). probably the name reflects on the conflicts between the brothers aka kings of the islands.

I thought it was 'Nay, 'tis not' for Neitiznot.

floorgazer.png

I thought it was 'Nay, 'tis not' for Neitiznot.

and "yea 'tis so" (with yea being pronounced yay as it was historically and often in poetry)