[Barbarian Assualt] Impression after 10 hours of playing.

kidwithshirt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: The following message is not a flame, but an honest response from the point of view of a level 83 skillerish player.

As long as your level is high enough (100+) with good armor (280+ defense), you are all set. For all you lvl 60- complaining out there.

Sorry bros, this is not a game for low levels

Honestly speaking, how many people who are that high of a level are honestly good tactics-wise? Other than the deviants that exist in any stereotype, combat levels are more often a show of time spent than I.Q. Also, call me a newb, but in the 1st (and only <.< ) wave I've managed to play (I was a healer) nobody but the attacker was attacked, that I saw. As such, why is this game given a 100+ label, regardless of role? Surely this is a game decided more by your ability to strategize than your ability to go in and annihalate everything.

We picked a level 60 attacker one time, wow that was a pain. Watching him dying on the last Peanace fighter when we were all done? Not fun.

As long as there is a good healer (or two) this scenario could have been avoided. Also, the more reliable way of utilizing a level 60 would be to give it a more noncombat oriented role, such as collector or defender, no reason to be prejudiced of all low levels because of the "noob" stereotype of the majority of them.

In conclusion, all of these arguments are purely theoretical, derived from my little experience and extensive "research" (comprised of the manual, tutorial, and two days of browsing forums) as such, I am entirely open to intelligent debate/corrections to any my points. Regardless of my disagreement of a few points in this, I feel it was quite well-written, congratulations :)

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png

Disclaimer: The following message is not a flame, but an honest response from the point of view of a level 83 skillerish player.

As long as your level is high enough (100+) with good armor (280+ defense), you are all set. For all you lvl 60- complaining out there.

Sorry bros, this is not a game for low levels

Honestly speaking, how many people who are that high of a level are honestly good tactics-wise? Other than the deviants that exist in any stereotype, combat levels are more often a show of time spent than I.Q. Also, call me a newb, but in the 1st (and only <.< ) wave I've managed to play (I was a healer) nobody but the attacker was attacked, that I saw. As such, why is this game given a 100+ label, regardless of role? Surely this is a game decided more by your ability to strategize than your ability to go in and annihalate everything.

We picked a level 60 attacker one time, wow that was a pain. Watching him dying on the last Peanace fighter when we were all done? Not fun.

As long as there is a good healer (or two) this scenario could have been avoided. Also, the more reliable way of utilizing a level 60 would be to give it a more noncombat oriented role, such as collector or defender, no reason to be prejudiced of all low levels because of the "noob" stereotype of the majority of them.

In conclusion, all of these arguments are purely theoretical, derived from my little experience and extensive "research" (comprised of the manual, tutorial, and two days of browsing forums) as such, I am entirely open to intelligent debate/corrections to any my points. Regardless of my disagreement of a few points in this, I feel it was quite well-written, congratulations :)

It IS well written actually

I dont want to argue with a pro right now since i m busy attaining PC.

End :boohoo:

Nice, well thought out and written post. I agree with most of the things you say, they should deffinantly give xp, however i think that a healer is one of the most frantic roles, especially in the queen, your continusly running between the defender, the healers and your team mates. 100+ is definantly needed.

RM

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I was playing in world 99 and got a team with several big Tip.it names, all 100+, which

basically made the 10th wave seem like the 1st in terms of difficulty.

This game can go either way for you. If you're playing with a load of newbs, it's going

to be nothing but frustration bordering on fury. If you're playing with a group of high level,

experienced players, you're going to have a good time. Just make sure -you- aren't a newb

without realizing it and drag your whole team down. :thumbsup:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Very good message. I agree with almost everything you said.

It is a good game, if we had people in Runescape who would read the instructions and actually try to follow them. I have been on teams that killed the queen twice, and that is it for me unless I can get a good team together. I quit one team because the collector did not shout out once in two straight games. I talked and talked to him to no good. It is the noobs that ruin it.

However, there are some important changes that need to be made.

1) Having people quit in the middle of a game and losing a lot of work is unfair, and will severely dampen the popularity of this game. How many times can that happen before you just give up.

2) There needs to be a much improved system to create teams. It is very slow, very awkward, very poorly thought out. It is a huge time waster.

3) The rewards, once received, are not worth returning for. People will play until they get the few pieces of armor they want, and quit. What is there to keep people coming back. In a few months, it will be dead. The game is worth it for some of the armor, but the frustration level is too high to just play for fun.

4) Defender is too overworked and underappreciated. It has to be made easier. One way would be for the food to change less often ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ and I mean quite a bit less often. Otherwise, it is just nuts; annoying as all get out. The role of defender may be enough by itself to eventually ruin the game.

5) People who do not shout out instructions to other players need to be penalized. I mean it, they need to be made to suffer, painful consequences. Really.

This game gave us another example of the lack of thinking of many Runescape players. I saw people with virtually no armor at all. I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t believe that they are unable to see that having some protection, regardless of what role they are playing, will help them be more successful. I just donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get it. Also, I am combat level 124, and I had to convince people that I should be the attacker instead of some level 80. Why is the obvious so hard to grasp?

Lol, you have a good sense of humor.

Great review. Granite plate and weight lessening items are only things worth playing for. (besides friends). This game is really impossible without a lvl 100

Suggestion for Jagex:

Make it so we can see how many of each kind of penance we have left to kill.

Just to check. There is no experience rewarded in this game? Meaning there is the possibility of rune pures playing, as not to increase their defense levels?

This was a good guide, as it gave some important points, and helped to notify people to decide carefully when picking their roles, and not to just think that anyone is capable of anything. Minigames that require some intelligence are by far the funnest if you find some intellectual people. :)

I'll have to try this game out when I get members again.. well maybe I'll try it out. :roll:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I have to agree with everything you say (i'm two queens through)

especially the defender part. Initially, i just thought all my defenders were complete idiots, but then i tried the role, and realized... wow, this role was soooo poorly prepared.

The fact that you have to lure the runners with food just makes it all the much harder. Once something changes, you automatically lose whatever you had. And really, the runners don't go after your food. they do.... 1/4 of the time. In the 3/4th of the time, the food changes, and you have to start over.

healing is probably the easiest task. with 2 people, its even easier. If you have trouble, either you suck, or your team sucks.

attacking i dont have too much of a problem with. collecting, nothing really.

But since the game is a team effort, one messed up role (*cough* DEFENDER *cough*) just slows down the whole team.

i was really let down by this game...

i actually played a game with a lvl 66 healer(lvl 5) he wasnt bad, and i only played with him for wave 10.

he must be a sharp lad.

Most healers we get never blow their horn.

Making defender job very hard.

thats cause were too busey healing everyones [wagon]..

oh and for you defenders just trop all 3 kinds.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

ok, i tried attacker... and i got the -10 quite often.

but i just finished wave 9 and 10........ in a row........ and got no negatives. i managed to make sure no runners made it to the cave.

it probablly because the runners smell the bait from a lot farther now.... but its possible.... just get those levels up.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

im going to go out on a limb and say that even level 60's can play sucessfully. Yes, level 100's with 280+ defense bonuses in every slot is great, but some friends of mine got together, and 1 had to leave at wave 4. we had a level 57 join our group as a healer, and he did equally, if not better than me (and no, i dont suck at healing). even when we got to the queen, he was ablet o take orders, he called on his horn easily, he stayed witht he person i put him with, and we both were able to heal the people we were susposed to be protecting, at the same time he was able to heal himself and kill the other healers. so for your idea that only level 100's or better should be playing, is not that accurate. you need to find the right job for level 60's+. they dont make great attackers, but if they have an IQ of 50 ro better, they should be able to do the other jobs well.

as far as the new items you can buy, i think that the penanace torso is overlooked, or am i the only one? with a +4 str bonus and a +85 slash def bonus, this should become the best plate for lower leveled stakers. if you are a staker and have below 60 defence, throw your rune plate body away and get the penanace plate. since most everyone uses a whip or a scimitar, the +85 slash def bonus is going to help you alot, not to mention the extra strength bonus you get from a platebody. In my oppinion, it is a better plate body than granite, and rune. it might have worse stab and crush def bonuses, but who uses a mace anymore? the only problem i see people having with it is the fact that it has 20 points lower int he stab def bonus, which could leave you open to attack, via dds.

something else to mention is that it would be good in the wild because of how popular whips are.

overall, the game is a lot of fun. i just think i need some more time forming more oppinions on it. i plan to get the penanace torso to see if my predictions are true or not.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

This game is really fun and all that stuff but not when you're starting...i was so darn scared that once i finished playing i will miserably get flamed on as i wasn't fully 100% confident in playing the minigame. So there was quite a bit of peer pressure here.

I think Jagex should color the dots of players on the minimap depending on which role you are on(Attacker-red Defender-blue Collector-yellow Healer-green). I had trouble finding the healer as he kept forgetting to blast the stupid horn and he also totally messed the whole team...

#-o

skaterlam.png

My thoughts-

I've gone through wave 6, and I've redone all the waves many times, as I never found myself confident enough to heal by myself after wave 6. Part of this is because our Defender was getting the holy hell beat out of him, and because one of the attackers was in his 70's.

Me, being 79, found that healer was a pain role to get used to doing everything in (now level 2, hoping to get it to max eventually, then work on collector). I felt bad not killing the healers when I could, but meh. Sometimes you dont have time.

You need to have a good team for this game, after wave 6, if you have one weak point, and that weakpoint just happens to not be a second healer, you're screwed. I do however, think that the previously stated 100+ rule was a little harsh. Honestly, 80+ should have no troubles, except for the attacker of course, who should be as high as humanly possible to make the game go smoothly and not cause severe anerisms in the healer.

The collector is possibly the easiest role I've seen, as they don't really *need* to do anything, as most of the people are out doing there job for the thick parts of the action, not opperating the cannon. There main purpose is basically to yell out what the attackers supposed to do. And maybe collect the red eggs when they come around.

The defender needs to get points in all of the four areas for his job to be worth it. Albiet, unless you run into the middle, you probably wont die, actually getting the little buggers to follow your trail is probably the equivalent of your computer lagging in Dharoks tomb. If you don't know how to do your job, and refuse to listin, The healers will hate you and you probably will die, but thats besides the point. Start this skill on wave 1, really.

The Attacker should be using a whip, skimmy, dds, or something of such that gives the combination of all four choices, and he should be super high level, and willing to run back a little bit to perhaps not get the healer killed if he's getting down on his health.

The Healer is the most awesome job ever, and its the hardest job on earth to do, with only the most awesome and prestigious able to do it ever, and no one else should even try it. Kidding, Healer isn't to difficult if you shout out to the defender what to do, and if you know how to use your vial of holy juice effectivly. Which given the bar that blocks up a fifth of your screen, isn't that hard to do until wave 6. then you have to pay attention to heal effectivly. Killing the Healers isn't really first priority, which is nice, because normally the defender just doesn't want to blow his horn as I've found. If you have to, you can just guess what he healers poisen is, as its not *that* big of a penalty.

Anyway, Does anyone know if the points drain? As I've managed to go from getting 40 points a game to 10, albiet all I do is repeat the same waves over and over. I'll do this until I get 3 healer, then I'll start caring and beat the queen. I figure by then I should be good enough to actually help.

My thoughts-

I've gone through wave 6, and I've redone all the waves many times, as I never found myself confident enough to heal by myself after wave 6. Part of this is because our Defender was getting the holy hell beat out of him, and because one of the attackers was in his 70's.

Me, being 79, found that healer was a pain role to get used to doing everything in (now level 2, hoping to get it to max eventually, then work on collector). I felt bad not killing the healers when I could, but meh. Sometimes you dont have time.

You need to have a good team for this game, after wave 6, if you have one weak point, and that weakpoint just happens to not be a second healer, you're screwed. I do however, think that the previously stated 100+ rule was a little harsh. Honestly, 80+ should have no troubles, except for the attacker of course, who should be as high as humanly possible to make the game go smoothly and not cause severe anerisms in the healer.

The collector is possibly the easiest role I've seen, as they don't really *need* to do anything, as most of the people are out doing there job for the thick parts of the action, not opperating the cannon. There main purpose is basically to yell out what the attackers supposed to do. And maybe collect the red eggs when they come around.

The defender needs to get points in all of the four areas for his job to be worth it. Albiet, unless you run into the middle, you probably wont die, actually getting the little buggers to follow your trail is probably the equivalent of your computer lagging in Dharoks tomb. If you don't know how to do your job, and refuse to listin, The healers will hate you and you probably will die, but thats besides the point. Start this skill on wave 1, really.

The Attacker should be using a whip, skimmy, dds, or something of such that gives the combination of all four choices, and he should be super high level, and willing to run back a little bit to perhaps not get the healer killed if he's getting down on his health.

The Healer is the most awesome job ever, and its the hardest job on earth to do, with only the most awesome and prestigious able to do it ever, and no one else should even try it. Kidding, Healer isn't to difficult if you shout out to the defender what to do, and if you know how to use your vial of holy juice effectivly. Which given the bar that blocks up a fifth of your screen, isn't that hard to do until wave 6. then you have to pay attention to heal effectivly. Killing the Healers isn't really first priority, which is nice, because normally the defender just doesn't want to blow his horn as I've found. If you have to, you can just guess what he healers poisen is, as its not *that* big of a penalty.

Anyway, Does anyone know if the points drain? As I've managed to go from getting 40 points a game to 10, albiet all I do is repeat the same waves over and over. I'll do this until I get 3 healer, then I'll start caring and beat the queen. I figure by then I should be good enough to actually help.

Sir if you look into the specified score summary.

You will see the "Healed points"

If you heal more, you get more points.

Go figure =)

really? i find it extremely hard to be defender as 8 out of 10 healers i've worked with NEVER blowed their horn correctly :cry:

Heh, I have the exact opposite problem. I blow my horn as much as I can for the Defender, but as a Healer I rarely get orders.

And killing the Penance Healers is a great way to speed up the waves -- since they (1) poison everyone and (2) make it harder to kill the other Penance. When the Defender shouts orders early and often the Penance Healers drop like flies and the waves go smoother. Of course, Penance Healers are the easiest ones to guess -- the penalty for "Wrong Poison Packs" is much less than, say, "Attacker Attacks Failed."

We had a Queen Wave over in 10 minutes because myself and the other Healer knew what we were doing, and the rest of the team did too. The Penance Healers were down before any of the other Penance were. The Defender wasn't sure what to do with the Omega Egg, but our team was good and we were able to instruct him during play without dying.

I plan on leveling up Attacker next, since I think a good team would be four people in fixed roles and a swing Attacker/Healer. (Switch at Wave 7) Anyone else have any thoughts on team combos?

D (Level 5 Healer, finally!)

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

i loved readying that :D

the problem with what your saying is that you are basing it off as a new update. of course alot of people don't know how to play.

and yeah i hate that glory horn glitch :x

sig.jpg

I like the game but there a alot of flaws in it like joining is a pain and if you try and use the random room everyone wants to be an attacker. When I try to assemble a team I get all the players then I click the ladder and it tells me player one has left the room or whatever but I look around and hes still in there with me so if thats a bug its very annoying. The gloves of lightness are a nice touch :lol:

betterwork.jpg

lordadam21.png

I have found some really annoying bugs - if you join two teams in the waiting rooms (lets say wave1), then one plays, when you win, you might get sent back to join the other team in wave 1 again, and lose the points you earned from the first round.

I also joined 2 teams in on one of the queen rounds, and this time I got two rewards (160 healer points etc) and only played 1 round. Wierd

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Personally this is the best minigame Jagex ever made...

FINALLY there is a minigame where EVERYONE needs to work to win it =D>

the only bad thing is that people think this game is easy exp or something and just don't do anything and use the horn incorrectly (that can be a real pain in the [wagon]) But in 2 weeks or something everyone who still comes to BA will know how to play it :D