The player's bill of rights

dangerpowers

I have noticed something while surfing the debate club section (which is my favorite section)

anyone think that the runescape players ought to have a bill of rights?

i think so, so i will come up with a bill of rights and you and i can debate about them k?

F2P BIll of Rights

1.We the free playing people of runescape have the right to be respected as players and not be judges because we do not pay for membership credit to Nowayout59

2.we the free playing people of runescape have the right to "holiday" events and are entitled to at least 1 new item per year from an event of holiday kind-credit to Nowayout59

3.We the free playing people of runescape are entitled to be able to participate in a few polls and go and view the forums as much as our heart desires-credit to Nowayout59

Member's Bill of rights

1.We the people of runescape have a right to influence future updates if not change them completely.

3.We the members of the runescape community have the right to get new quests and content every month-credit to Nowayout59

4.We the members of runescape are entitled to new skills and new land often-credit to Nowayout59

Overall Bill of player's rights

1.We the Players have the right to play another game, if we don't like the existing rules set forth by Jagex...-Credit to SerpentEye

2.We the people of runescape have a right to PVP as it is human nature to try to become the best among champions.

Players don't have any rights or influence Jagex. They can make suggestions, but hell, how can that even be considered a right...?

Well the $5+ we pay a month for Membership says we can at least influence something. :ohnoes:

As for a bill of rights, here is my ideas

F2P Bill of Rights

1. We the free playing people of runescape have the right to be respected as players and not be judges because we do not pay for membership

2. We the free playing people of runescape have the right to make money using the skills we have and spend that money on anything we can get a hold of.

3. we the free playing people of runescape have the right to "holiday" events and are entitled to at least 1 new item per year from an event of holiday kinds.

4. We the free playing people of runescape are entitled to be able to participate in a few polls and go and view the forums as much as our heart desires.

5. we the free players of runescape have the right to PVP worlds and the right to use every "combat skill"

Member's Bill of rights

1.We the people of runescape have a right to influence future updates if not change them completely.

2.We the people of runescape have a right to PVP as it is human nature to try to become the best among champions.

3. We the members of the runescape community have the right to get new quests and content every month

4.we the members of runescape are entitled to new skills and new land often

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

I can fill in that last slot for member:

5. We the members of runescape can and will invade f2p Worlds and suck out every raw material available there.

FTW.

---

Seriously, though... I don't understand what's to be achieved from this topic...

As members, we're essentially paying for an expansion pack for the game. We're not using our $5/mo. to buy stock in the company or anything. We don't, and shouldn't have, any say as to how Jagex builds their game.

It applies to any business out there. You don't go into a grocery store, buy a gallon of milk for $3, and then demand to get a bunch of other items for free, simply because you paid for something. Runescape is that milk. We paid for it. We got it. It stops there.

Yes, it would be lovely if Jagex would listen to every suggestion from their players, F2P and P2P alike, but they're not obligated to do so.

Just my opinion...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

sry its just that jagex governs runescape and can make anything they want. irl nobody governs the world or can change laws of it so we the people have our right's that more powerful ppl cant take away from us.

in runescape it just doesnt work that way.

but for both it must be free speech and quick chat if u have too many blackmarks etc.

Heh.We the people have absolutely NO right to be illiterate asshats and should be banned if we are.

How's that for a non-American?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I can fill in that last slot for member:

5. We the members of runescape can and will invade f2p Worlds and suck out every raw material available there.

FTW.

---

Seriously, though... I don't understand what's to be achieved from this topic...

As members, we're essentially paying for an expansion pack for the game. We're not using our $5/mo. to buy stock in the company or anything. We don't, and shouldn't have, any say as to how Jagex builds their game.

It applies to any business out there. You don't go into a grocery store, buy a gallon of milk for $3, and then demand to get a bunch of other items for free, simply because you paid for something. Runescape is that milk. We paid for it. We got it. It stops there.

Yes, it would be lovely if Jagex would listen to every suggestion from their players, F2P and P2P alike, but they're not obligated to do so.

Just my opinion...

what is to be acheived by this topic is the same as any other topic in this catagory *TO DEBATE*

but any way thank you for so many posts i will be updating both f2p and p2p i may even add more spots so keep thinking of ideas

i will credit the suggestions that make it onto the bill

Don't think it really matters if we have 'rights' or not, Runescape is no democracy, but a dictatorship :D we should just be grateful we can play the game

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

There are no rights. The only rights you have is when you pay. And that right is to play the game content with respecting Jagex' rules. Nothing else. That's just how it is.

The only right we have as players is to play or not play. That's all there is to it. Just because you pay doesn't mean you have any say so whatsoever.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

what is to be acheived by this topic is the same as any other topic in this catagory *TO DEBATE*

Yeah... that's why I voiced my opinion?

I think it's pointless. <-- *debate*

Edit:

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea. In fact, I'm all in for Jagex having perfect customer service - indeed, I'm in the customer service business myself, and I know how important satisfying your customers is to successfully operating a business. All I'm saying is that it's a bit unrealistic to me, and I don't see them going out of their way to make this... fictional game... a democracy.

And thanks for adding me to your bill, and crediting me. :twss:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

It seems you have managed to put this topic in the right place, although i think it is more of a debate over whether we need rights or not, rather than what they should be.

For my two cents, this is a pointless topic. What kind of a suggestion was "We have the right to play another game if we don't like this one"?!?! - of course you do genius, just as you can smash your head into your computer screen if you like. Besides the fact that half of the suggestions are like this - things that have absolutly NO relevance to/for Jagex, the other ones would never be accepted.

Don't get confused here people, try to stay with me. Although this is a game with a strong community, it is a game nonetheless, and hence you will never have rights, because it doesn't actually matter.

You have a right to play another game. . . :lol: =D> . . .

You miss the point though. why do we need rights to play a game?

Half the rights that you've pointed out are in place anyway as part of general life. A bill of rights is not simply a statement of what we can already do, it has to be something that goes deeper and actually be something worthwhile.

Jagex would not NEED to sign this, because there is nothing legally implied within it. Most of your points are simply statements of fact. How exactly do you expect Jagex to respect your right to "be respected and not be judged" etc, when they already have a report system in place to ensure this?

This debate is pure waffle.

I agree entirely with the above post: nearly everything in the "bill of rights" is already true. Another point is the use of words like "often". Define often. A bill of rights should be specific, so evryone knows when it is being violated.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

• 5 weeks later...

I say all players should have the right to have easy access to a simple but complete version of the Runescape Terms and Conditions. We should also have the right to be notified of any changes in those terms and conditions.

As a side note, I couldn't find the terms and conditions using a search on the knowledge base. That's just plain wrong.

Besides, if Jagex were to make their own bill of rights, it'll be

If, acting reasonably, we consider that our terms and conditions have or may have been breached, or that it is necessary in order to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, any Jagex Product, other players or the general public or to minimize our liability to others, we reserve the right with or - in appropriate cases - without prior notice to (amongst other things): Terminate (as defined above) or modify any or all accounts of Jagex Products which we think are connected with you and/or otherwise block your access to our websites and services and take such other steps as we consider reasonable. Such actions may result in loss of membership credit without refund and/or loss of real money paid as part of any item / account trading or other prohibited transaction.

Basically: We reserve the right to ban you, using our own definition of "reasonable".

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

this would be a nice thought

but it doesent feel seruous with how u speak trying to make it sound like the amarican bill of rights

get a movement and lists of rights and work with it both in game and with jagex... a such serious attempt i would help alot with

but this feels too unserius for me to do antyhing in but good idea though

v49y88.png

What you're looking for isn't exactly "rights", more or less entitlements. We demand that you give us what we want! We demand that we can kill each other! We demand you make skilling easier! We demand ... !

Seriously though. Even if you do pay membership fees, you should not receive any rights. It's not like you own a bit of Jagex, as in shareholders, its more that Jagex owns a bit of you.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪