Are YOU a fanboy?

Demoli

We all know the term, some of us use it as an insult, other as a way to disprove what our oponent is affirming.

Being proud to admit myself as a Nintendo fanboy, it's hard to endure to constant attack from other console owners or even other fanboys, simply because most of them fail to see the greatness of games beyond the First-person shooter.

Well, if there is another thread as this one please redirect me to it and lock this one, as this consist in asking the comunity if they feel they are a fanboy and share their experiences.

As i wrote i have a few troubles with FPS lovers (not all of them are as obcessed as the ones i most comonly meet) who fail to recognize the wii as holder of very sucessfull and high quality games, case and point Mario Galaxy, teh greatest game of our generation.

Don't take me wrong, even thou i dont enjoy fps that much, i know halo and call of duty are high quality franchises, but when others start bashing nintendo for "the same old [beep]", i can't help but showing some exemples of their own, like halo, wich remained praticly unchanged, cod and gta, as well as their lack of colours wich let's all face, apart from certain new ip's like mirrors edge, the high-res games mostly look brown-grey. The game where i felt the most was GTA 4. Compare this to gta san andreas and/or vice city and you see it has become much, *much* more brown. Again, dont take me wrong, it's still a great game.

So, do you consider yourself as a fanboy? Share your experiences here.

On a side note: English is not my native language, so if you spot any mistake, mispell or gramatical flaws please post it along yor regular post. Thanks

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say i'm a PC-gaming fanboy if there is such a thing. I really can't compare any console RTS, FPS, RPG or many online games to a PC version. I think a PC just add's so much to a game, from mods, updates, user content, and controls. A mouse can make controlling a game so much easier in the case of FPS's and RTS games indefinately.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Having 2 consoles helps me to keep an open mind, but I'm still a fanboy of Nintendo. I'm not a fanboy in the sense that I can say 1 console is awesome while everything else isn't. I can see each console's advantages and faults and avoid making decisions based on my opinion of one console.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

While your right (i also recognize wii has major faults, like the wii motion plus only being released 3 years later and the sometimes gimmick) opinion is what makes us buy our consoles. If one doesn't buy one to fulfill his demands, then why do so? :|

I'd say i'm a PC-gaming fanboy if there is such a thing. I really can't compare any console RTS, FPS, RPG or many online games to a PC version. I think a PC just add's so much to a game, from mods, updates, user content, and controls. A mouse can make controlling a game so much easier in the case of FPS's and RTS games indefinately.

Haha, im the same way.

Im also a TF2/Valve fanboy. Probably some more that I cant remember right now.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I s'pose I'm a(n?) Xbox fanboy. I own a Wii, but I never played it so I have never bought many games there. I have SSBB and a few others, but not Galaxy. None of the Wii's games really interested me really. The Xbox just has so many other games that are epic to me, plus great online play. I plan to buy a PS3 (maybe) once Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, but until then, it's the same as the Wii, nothing too interesting to me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I guess I'm a Valve fanboy, although could you really blame me?

I tend to keep an open mind about genres though. I would own all 3 consoles if I had the money to do so (although really there is not much that interests me on the Wii) but of course I'm just stuck with a 360 I never play for now.

Saying Mario Galaxy is the greatest game of our generation though? Yikes! That's a pretty bold statement.

I'm a FF fangirl. Throw me any FF game and whilst I still can see the bad points of the game, I'll still love the series. That's a bad fangirl but I'll at least admit that not all the games are brilliant.

I'm also a fan of Valve who can do no wrong. I like them because the games they make are awesome and enjoyable. I can only find a few flaws and they don't even bother me.

I used to be a Nintendo fan but for some reason, once the Wii came out I lost interest. I was a huuuuge LoZ dork but meh, I don't know what happened. (Not blaming it on the Wii's release.) I find myself playing the oldies rather than the new games out.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I honestly can't say I'm a fanboy of any particular company. I own all three systems. I tend to lean towards different systems for different reasons. My Wii is sorta a loophole, I haven't used it in over a year cause there hasn't been anything that has really caught my eye.

tFtfA.jpg

guess im a valve fanboy :P

How can you not be xD

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I wouldn't say so, although I play most of my games on X360 I enjoy buying games for my PC purely for the fact you can often get mods and things for extra replayability. My brother has a Wii which is fun to use at parties and with friends, although I wouldn't/don't play it everyday.

I'm totally a Nintendo fanboy. While I've owned a Dreamcast and Xbox, that doesn't compare to the amount of Nintendo consoles I own. Lately I only buy games made by Nintendo for the wii (mostly because everything else, with few exceptions, is junk). They did a good job creating franchises that just pull me in unlike anything other company created.

I'm a FF fangirl.

You're a girl?!?!?!

Lulz.

:wall:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

PC, BioWare, WotC, GW/40K, I'm fairly sure I qualify for all four.

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

I don't think anybody can be blamed for being a valve fanboy, its one of the only ones that's truly justified ::'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Saying Mario Galaxy is the greatest game of our generation though? Yikes! That's a pretty bold statement.

Yeah, i tend to be very direct, it's basicly such an experience you must play the game from the beggining to end to understand, there aren't words to explain it ;)

@Ray: Could you explain more deeeply please?

Yeah, i tend to be very direct, it's basicly such an experience you must play the game from the beggining to end to understand, there aren't words to explain it ;)

I can understand it being a good game. Maybe it could be a GoTY. But considering all the games in our generation, I mean... you're having Galaxy beat out games such as Half Life, Baldur's Gate II, Braid and others. I think there are certainly a lot finer choices than Galaxy for an experience. I mean, there isn't really any narrative or story at all in Galaxy. I can understand it being an enjoyable game though, but I think a lot of other choices give a much stronger narrative and experience from start to finish. I want to say that Braid is easily one of the best written game of our generation though, by far. And of course I'm always partial to half life, and there is a reason it has made the number 1 game countless times before on lists. :)

Of course Half Life is really a game you have to play multiple times and play through it's expansions to really start to grasp what is going on. It's pretty brilliant. It's also probably why I'm such a Valve fanboy.

I can understand it being a good game. Maybe it could be a GoTY. But considering all the games in our generation, I mean... you're having Galaxy beat out games such as Half Life, Baldur's Gate II, Braid and others. I think there are certainly a lot finer choices than Galaxy for an experience. I mean, there isn't really any narrative or story at all in Galaxy. I can understand it being an enjoyable game though, but I think a lot of other choices give a much stronger narrative and experience from start to finish. I want to say that Braid is easily one of the best written game of our generation though, by far. And of course I'm always partial to half life, and there is a reason it has made the number 1 game countless times before on lists. :)

Of course Half Life is really a game you have to play multiple times and play through it's expansions to really start to grasp what is going on. It's pretty brilliant. It's also probably why I'm such a Valve fanboy.

I meant genaration as in wii-ps3-360, i think half life is completely awesome, but its from the previous generation.

And galaxy isnt about story, it's about gameplay, its just perfect. Again, not saying its best game ever, just the best of this gen.

Ok. I wasn't really sure what you meant, because by "our generation" it sounds like any game in the past 10+ years.

Still Braid is a more recent game, it's probably one of my favorite experiences this generation, personally.