So now german, then...?

Suiku

I see people speaking Spanish in RS all the time, so Spanish should be the next language they release. I'm currently learning Spanish as a second language, so having a Spanish-edition runescape woule be a good help.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think spanish for the same reason stated for the dutch earlier in the thread. Most spanish speaking players can speak english. And i dont think they will release another language in the next year due to the fact that there arnt THAT many pure french/spanish/dutch/ect speaking players.

I could be bitting my tounge, but with the first release of another language, im sure the higher ups at JaGeX are watching the german servers closely collecting data and wont do anything for a few months untill they have sufficient information on releasing new languages.

But I'm personally hoping if they do, it will be French due to the fact im Cajun and speak decent french (lawl, French I + II).

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Your wrong, runescape is a childgame, my litle brother plays it, and i always have to translate it for him , really annoying.

35% of the rs players are dutch

did you know 99% of people make up false statistics?

im guessing either a 1337 sp34k or pig latin

or maybe plain latin? that would be neat

Look its rob!

You all "WANT" Spanish becuase it would be more sensible since spanish will soon be the secondary language of the U.S.A. The next language will probably be another European language since, Jagex works out of the U.K. (European) I'm thinking Italian...

Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide

Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!

Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007

Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

im sorry to say that all of you are wrong.

The next language to come out in runescape is leet of course.

U8b3R H4X0RZ FTW

Disclaimer: I do not condone any form of leet or hacker speech.

I find it completely stupid and I ask everyone to stop pl0x #-o

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

I've never seen anyone talkin in french or spanish... Everytime i see players talkin in another language its def not French or spanish... I have no clue at all what it is....

I know this sounds typically American but if you speak to me and i don't understand i will ignore you.. :roll:

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I don't think Jagex will do another language, considering the German servers have been mainly unsuccessful.

how many people did you ever see speaking german ingame ?

I mean of the not english languages I hear in game the VERY MOST is dutch, really really much dutch, also because I play on dutch servers but dutch, english and swedish servers are the only european servers around so we host all the spanish french german finnish etc.... on these servers.

And I played rs for more then a year but hardly ever heard german.

Heard loads of dutch though, also a lot of finnish/other of those scandinavian languages, I just cant separate them from eachother so I wouldn't know which they speak most, and a reasonable amount of spanish and even catalan.

But never german :S

So why they decided to make german servers I would have no idea :S

Anyways I hope the next one gets to be French since I really want to learn german and french :P I am dutch myself but if they ever made RS in dutch I wouldn't go play there I just don't think it sounds correct :/ It's like dutch pokemon cards when I was little, noone wanted them or considered them valuable because english was like so much more official. And then the fact that the dutch are one of the best english speakers in the world, talking about countries that don't include english as an official language.

So anyways, it'll probably be spanish, or if they really want to work, chinese or japanese :P

...Silver

Whats with people wanting Asian langauges? (other then the fact that 'Japan' is cool now :roll: ) Very few people from Asia play RuneScape.

Because I can speak it.. and if it was included in the game it'd really help me learn a lot more.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

lol. maybe spanish, but since jagex is in europe, probably something like French

...You do realize Spanish is spoken in Spain (hence the name), which is a part of Europe, don't you?

Anyway, I'm learning French as a second language, so I'm hoping for a French translation, and if I had to guess I'd say either Spanish or French.

Klingon.

That would be awesome, but Klingon isn't a complete language.

I found someplace awhile back where John 3:16 was translated into Klingon, but some of the words ("soft", emotional, un-klingon type words like "loved") were left in english because they had no Klingon equivalent :P

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

I've never seen anyone talkin in french or spanish... Everytime i see players talkin in another language its def not French or spanish... I have no clue at all what it is....

I know this sounds typically American but if you speak to me and i don't understand i will ignore you.. :roll:

yea... lol. i really see alot of dutch people. i think that might be a big 1, and i mean america has like 10-20 million illegal mexican/latin people so assume a few might have children whom play runescape.

im just stating with such a large # of illegal and legal people in america, and then all the central/south american countries as well that spanish might be a legitmate new language.

no one has mentioned south american languages, if Jagex want to go for world domination... i think thats a good place to expand to :twisted:

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

Please let it be dutch!

Then all the little kids (13+? I don't think so) with their pathetic attitude, scam attempts and (dutch) 1337 speak can play ther with their immature friends. I get sick of the kids asking if I'm dutch because I happen to be on a dutch server. If I say that I am in fact dutch, they ask for pr33 st00F pl0x, or ask for help. If I don't tele-other them instantly (I can't do that at 71 mage) I get flamed in my native language. These kids say the most offensive stuff, but the chat filter doesn't censor it (of course!). *ends rant*

As for the reality. Most kids (13+) can speak at least SOME english, since it is allready taught in primary school (11year-old). As for the fact that dutch resembles german: It's the other way around! (jk) but most people in the western part don't speak it very well. People in the east (especially close to the German border) speak it quite well.

After all, I think the next language server will be......spanish! Lots of people in the US have it as a second laguage, I think there's plenty of customers there that would appreciate it.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Even tough I'm Dutch, I don't want the game to be in the Dutch language. I hate playing Dutch games and enjoy English versions alot more. Dutch sounds so lame, I wan't to move away from here :anxious: I hope it'll be French, because I can communicate with one of my French girlfriends better then :mrgreen:

2j3qh46.jpg

swedish, bleh why can't it be norwegian instead? norwegian owns swedish, but swedish are bad at english so I guess it's better with swedish first...

But I don't need it to be anything else. It was perfect when only english were there(except german server is good for resources)

And anyone 13+ not understanding english so well has problems :shame:

I have around no problems with english, never stopped and not understanding anything.(But sometimes I actually know everything they say but I have a hard time translating it for others in my language -.- )

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

lol spanish not to be rude but how many people living in mexico have computers or for that matter how many spanish speakers play? i think theyd be better off sticking to european languages