Runescape has an awesome community

lemontail

lol WoW is way to expensive, lags the computer, costs money JUST TO PLAY, u have to buy it on disk or download from site or something

runescape doesnt lag the computer, is fairly priced, doesnt not REQUIRE you to pay to play, and is on the internet

thats MY synopsis of WoW V.S. RS

World of Warcraft = lame

Runescape = pwnage

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we have a lot more intelligent people in our game

Lol :lol:

I can't second this because I don't know the intelligence of people who play WoW, but Runescape does indeed increase your mental capability from reaction time to mathematical skills, puzzle solving, and every day skills like farming (if you ever wish to grow your own garden or to redo your lawn, you'll know what steps to take :wink: )

I don't really see why people even flame games. If you think it's fun, fine, then play the game. That's what games are for. If you don't think it's fun, then just walk away or go to something else. What's the point of playing a game if it's just going to cause you to rant and make you furious irl?

Believe me, unlike in Runescape, practically everyone is a noob. At least Runescape has some intellect!

lol WoW is way to expensive, lags the computer, costs money JUST TO PLAY, u have to buy it on disk or download from site or something

runescape doesnt lag the computer, is fairly priced, doesnt not REQUIRE you to pay to play, and is on the internet

thats MY synopsis of WoW V.S. RS

World of Warcraft = lame

Runescape = pwnage

Well, I have played WoW, and the game itself is wonderful. (only if you like killing with nothing else) (and I do)..

WoW is far from lame.

RS is actually a better game but both have great aspects unique to them.

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

Runescape takes much more skill to play

hahahahaha

no seriously?!?!?!?!?!

u must be crazy, rs takes the LEAST skill to play out of all the mmo's i've ever played in my entire life

there are NO skills, the drops are all in one spot, and u can out run EVERY monster

Damnit, beat me to it.

Runescape takes very little intelligience to play in nearly all of it's aspects (and all the hard parts have step by step guides...). The game's more of an escape than anything else.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I can't second this because I don't know the intelligence of people who play WoW, but Runescape does indeed increase your mental capability from reaction time to mathematical skills, puzzle solving, and every day skills like farming (if you ever wish to grow your own garden or to redo your lawn, you'll know what steps to take :wink: )

Step 1: dump some compost on a patch of dirt (make sure it's the right patch of dirt)

Step 2: throw a couple of seeds on the patch.

Step 3: Water the seeds.

Step 4: Come back in an hour and pick up some nice, juicy watermelons

Step 5: Use the watermelons to make more compost, and repeat from beginning.

Honestly, you'd be better off using a real gardening book. :roll:

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. I'm sure there are places where runescape will teach you some valuable lesson, but farming isn't one of them.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

A bit offtopic but..

That site actually made me happy that RS has very strict (to a point of ridicule at times) censor. Look at what they say. Every post is competing with the last to be more obscene.

Yea, I don't claim to be Miss Perfect who only speaks like an angel, but I strongly disagree with the use of that kind of language on public forums, chats etc. It's just plain wrong. For me, those people looked mostly stupid because of the language they use *tsk-tsk*.

Anyway, to comparing RuneScape and WoW - I'd like to say there is no universal answer. Everyone decides it on their own and it would be really rude to push your opinion on someone else. I enjoy RuneScape for now, they prefer WoW. So? What's the big deal. Matter of taste really. Mommy obviously has never told most of us that pushing your own opinion down other peoples throats isn't very nice. Specially when there's really no need for this kind of ridiculous arguments.

sig.gif

their community are less mature than us lol

and they make runescape sound badder than it is

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I haven't played WoW, so I can't compare for the full 100%.

Anyway, you gave us 3 links to socalled 'immature' topics on the WoWforums. Sorry, but that is WAY more mature then the RSOF.

So I do actually think, based on the information you gave us, that WoW is more mature then RS.

You can't compare tip.it, because TIF is a fansite, and I know for a fact that there are fansites about WoW that are more mature then TIF.

Oh, and RS takes no skill AT ALL. A 5 year old can become a lvl 126. He just need to know how to kill something (and that takes again not the tiniest bit of skill), and a lot of patience.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

I haven't played WoW, so I can't compare for the full 100%.

Anyway, you gave us 3 links to socalled 'immature' topics on the WoWforums. Sorry, but that is WAY more mature then the RSOF.

So I do actually think, based on the information you gave us, that WoW is more mature then RS.

You can't compare tip.it, because TIF is a fansite, and I know for a fact that there are fansites about WoW that are more mature then TIF.

Oh, and RS takes no skill AT ALL. A 5 year old can become a lvl 126. He just need to know how to kill something (and that takes again not the tiniest bit of skill), and a lot of patience.

Exactly!

And in order to kill something in WoW you need to go about it with certain tactics, in runescape you just go and kill it most of the time (with a few exceptions)

and WoW is more than just melee, you can take up professions in it, and those people who had "played" WoW should know that if they played for more than 5 minutes but lost interest because it was too marvelous for them.

and the professions in WoW are far more in depth, some items that you can create are only unlockable by killing a monster for the recipe for it, or buying it in the auction house.

Almost nothing is just handed to you after a certain ammount of time.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

Anybody care to help me understand WoW? I'm finding it really hard to understand. Maybe I'll like it later....

I'm vastly underwhelmed at WoW, I thought it would have a "wow" factor, (no pun intended) but I was actually quite disappointed after it took 24 hours to install, and download updates to finally play it. Even then I wasn't very taken aback by it. The graphics are alright, the game play, mediocre. Basically it's RS with the arrow keys instead of clicking and slightly better graphics. Not worth an extra ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã6 or however much it is.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

I'd have loved to be able to post on that thread what I post every time some complains about the graphics, or suggests better ones:

"RuneScape is not about the graphics, if you really care about them, I suggest you to play another game."

I have to agree WoW takes more skill, etc. And I'm still wondering why this is game is so populair and why I like it. I don't see any good reason. (Besides the fact it's free; but that has nothing to do with the over 800K members.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

And we have a lot more intelligent people in our game

Lol :lol:

I don't really see why people even flame games. If you think it's fun, fine, then play the game. That's what games are for. If you don't think it's fun, then just walk away or go to something else. What's the point of playing a game if it's just going to cause you to rant and make you furious irl?

runescape does not increase my reaction time... thats just funny i got dial up and its like if i try to fight over a monster it just involves me in getting angry because i can click on a monster im standing next to but that guy can click it from 5 squares away and still make 1 step and attack it compared to my turning.... internet responses are just awful for this game. now i know i got better reaction time then some people because i could beat them usually but when stuff like that happens it just shows they have a better internet connection to the RS server then i do. which is only basically my own fault but really.. you cant improve on something if its not even fair for you. you cant react to something that hasnt happened yet, and if some1 sees an item spawn spawn like a split second before you, even if they are stoned they still stand the chance to get it before you do.

about 6months ago if you wanted to increase your reaction time, i would have told you to play XBox live, halo 2 team swat when it was ranked... god damn that was a test of reaction time especially when you had to try to kill the guy with host rackin up the killing sprees

but, mathematically yeah runescape does keep my #s in check im like this that for this lvl should cost roughly this, bust out a calc to make sure im right and then its like yeah i was or wasnt.

i read those topics, hilarious. 1 post basically said that you had to be smart enough to win a fight because people hybrid like ridiculous. i was like yea i do that

Runescape does indeed increase your mental capability from reaction time to mathematical skills, puzzle solving, and every day skills like farming (if you ever wish to grow your own garden or to redo your lawn, you'll know what steps to take :wink: )
about 6months ago if you wanted to increase your reaction time, i would have told you to play XBox live, halo 2 team swat when it was ranked... god damn that was a test of reaction time especially when you had to try to kill the guy with host rackin up the killing sprees

Nah, try being a sniper in GRAW 2 :P . That'll increase your reaction time a bit o-O.

Anyone got that quote from Striker6 about trying to justify playing Runescape? I think it'd be the perfect response to azn's post :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

RS is SO much nicer.

I agree, f2p lumby is hell, but one looks past all the rule breakers and what not on p2p, it is nicer.

The chances of someone saying to me I'm white trash in members is low. From those topics, I see WoW as a rasist bull sh!t where they have no respect for others.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Honestly i don't think it's fair in comparing these 2 games, but in the youtube video that was posted on one of the topics, they were near enough eactly same EXCEPT from the graphics.

And if you are going to compare them take into account that they both have good and bad points, but i think it depends wholey on players personal experiences in the game.

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

To be honest most of the players that slag RuneScape off,

Are the level 80-90 that quit when it started getting hard basically the noobs..

RuneScape has crap graphics for a reason :?

WoW, Slik Road, FlyFF, conquer Online just some of the game that have the same old lay-out in game same interface same style same old crap :-$

I have played all of these games full of hacking noobs, yeah we have macros,

They have lag glitches speed hacks auto trainers, accounts that pass from one school kid to another.

57% of the high level players on those games are not the original owners of their accounts.

(excluding WoW)

The problem with your average gamer is they will take games by the graphics. I've played WoW and i must say there is so much more freedom in runescape, you feel more at home, the economy is much better and money is a bigger deal here (not great for some, but i like it).

Also pretty much all you do in WoW is fight. PVP isn't nearly as exciting as Runescape PK'ing. There's no risk or danger involved.

I think WoW players should only complain about Runescape after they've got to 80+ Combat with 1100+ Total level. Then they know something about the game, most of those idiots got to level 5 combat and thought nah the graphics are bad.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Your comparing the community as a whole because of the WoW site forums? If you look at RS official forums im sure you can deduce the same towards runescape.

and by posting this you are being no better than the guys in those threads :roll:

Did you notice that the WoW forums have no censors? And that people and spam and swear and flame all they want? :notalk:

Thought so.. WoW community sucks. Anyone with an IQ above 10 could figure that out... :evil:

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Your comparing the community as a whole because of the WoW site forums? If you look at RS official forums im sure you can deduce the same towards runescape.

and by posting this you are being no better than the guys in those threads :roll:

Did you notice that the WoW forums have no censors? And that people and spam and swear and flame all they want? :notalk:

Thought so.. WoW community sucks. Anyone with an IQ above 10 could figure that out... :evil:

isnt this game intende for 13+ and we cant even hear the word crap in that game? :-k

World of Warcraft is THE WORST game Blizzard has ever released in my opinion. I'm sorry, but StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft... they were ALL better than World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft has nearly no rule enforcement, they don't even try to stop people from trading IRL, the game is much easier, people auto all the time to build a character that would normally take 2 months of work in 3 days.

Seriously, the only thing WoW has on RS is graphics and sound. But I much rather listen to MP3 Soundtracks from Square Enix games anyways which pretty much leaves just graphics.

And for those operating under such a delusion, sorry, but it takes more than graphics to be a good game.

As for the censor... I'm kinda glad RS uses the censor. It goes a bit overboard but I HATE hearing f-bombs, all the various slang terms for excrement, and the other swear words. Seriously, there are far better ways to express yourself. (I'm 17 by the way, so yes, I know you hear them every day. That doesn't mean you have to like it.)

I play WoW - I have a level 36 Mage and a level 16 Rouge. In terms of graphics, animations, and music/SFX, WoW wins hands down - although I hate their damn music personally.

However, RuneScape wins in terms of community - which really says something. RS has way more scammers and macroers - WoW has way more 12-year-olds who can't spell for their lives, who flip out at the slightest thing, and who beg incessantly. Plus, using Add-Ons to harvest gold and experience is allowed.

In terms of content, RS is the true winner - quests in WoW are rather stupid - talk to this NPC for a reward. Kill twenty of these for a reward. Etc. Also, there's very little back history, or at least any that really plays a part in the game. In RS, the quests are incredibly well done, with a good storyline that ties right into the history.

Also, ease of use goes to RS - it has unlimited free playing. Access to the paying version is many times less than WoW. WoW currently takes up six gigs of space on my computer, and was $30 from the store - RS takes up all of 10k of temporary cache space, and doesn't need to be installed. RS allows transfers over servers - in WoW, this is only available a few times a month, and costs money.

I lean towards RS, in terms of my favourite game. However, WoW also kicks serious [wagon]. I love RS, but when I need to just @#$&ing pown up a server, I turn to WoW for all my sick needs. Let's keep the relation between RS and WoW civilized, eh? : )

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

hahahahaha

no seriously?!?!?!?!?!

u must be crazy, rs takes the LEAST skill to play out of all the mmo's i've ever played in my entire life

there are NO skills, the drops are all in one spot, and u can out run EVERY monster

Runescape takes a lot of know how to play well. Every aspect of Runescape (mostly) requires knowledge about a certain skill/item/what item to use on what

WoW is just ''level ups''... ''get a mount'' ... ''go on high level raids'' ... ''PvP (the best part)''

Yes runescape takes skill.

since when did skills involve clicking on the same crap over again. its more like patience\determination to me.

I thought patience\determination IS a skill. I guess not. Seriously Clifford, what now-how about Patience do you know about, considering you've left this forum before, and DGIF (Where no one knew WHO the hell you were :roll:)

And YES, RS does take skill. *GASP*. "Lul i r so kwl i kil cows in feld and i no hw 2 ply." If you don't know where to train reasonably well, you don't have the skill.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

hahahahaha

no seriously?!?!?!?!?!

Runescape takes a lot of know how to play well. Every aspect of Runescape (mostly) requires knowledge about a certain skill/item/what item to use on what

WoW is just ''level ups''... ''get a mount'' ... ''go on high level raids'' ... ''PvP (the best part)''

Yes runescape takes skill.

since when did skills involve clicking on the same crap over again. its more like patience\determination to me.

I thought patience\determination IS a skill. I guess not. Seriously Clifford, what now-how about Patience do you know about, considering you've left this forum before, and DGIF (Where no one knew WHO the hell you were :roll:)

And YES, RS does take skill. *GASP*. "Lul i r so kwl i kil cows in feld and i no hw 2 ply." If you don't know where to train reasonably well, you don't have the skill.

rs doesnt take skills.a person doing thousands of stunts with 1 leg missing takes loads of skills. instead he could just sit there and play computer until a few 99s appear in his pixels. now would you call that skills? (i guess not). think before acting like a moron.

oh and thanks for calling me by my RS name, i guess you really love mocking me. <3: