The Goblin Mace

introuble3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^ GRR, Beat me to it! :evil:

::Potty's nub pic because he's a nub and his SODB sig blows (not really)::

Stats arnt great, however first weapon to offer prayer bonus?

All maces offer prayer bonuses.

So does the Obsidian Staff. [/secret]

^^^^^ GRR, Beat me to it! :evil:

::Potty's nub pic because he's a nub and his SODB sig blows (not really)::

Stats arnt great, however first weapon to offer prayer bonus?

All maces offer prayer bonuses.

So does the Obsidian Staff. [/secret]

that staff owns

Anyone know how to get a second one after the quest? I'm trying to find Tegdak again, but am having some difficulty. (If you drop mace and talk to Zanik he'll eventually tell you to talk to Tegdak...)

Alternatively, I'll buy one from someone for 100k.

No idea if I'm right but ask the Goblin Generals at the Goblin Village. When I first got the mace, I had full inventory and the General said to talk to him once I got free space. I dropped a monkfish and the cheeky Goblin General said I had to pay 1k for the mace because I "lost it".

After completing the quest, I have not gone back there but maybe you can get a new one for 1k from the General. Not sure though.

But, if its tradeable then its unlikely you can get it back :-k

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

I don't think that it would allow you to make two barrows trip in one inventory without prayer potions, but you could use it beforehand to pray on more of the brothers. Or you could use it against shades in Mort'ton to recharge your prayer between trips on one inventory, but it would probably only be useful to high levels who only have to pray on Dharock.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Anyone know how to get a second one after the quest? I'm trying to find Tegdak again, but am having some difficulty. (If you drop mace and talk to Zanik he'll eventually tell you to talk to Tegdak...)

Alternatively, I'll buy one from someone for 100k.

No idea if I'm right but ask the Goblin Generals at the Goblin Village. When I first got the mace, I had full inventory and the General said to talk to him once I got free space. I dropped a monkfish and the cheeky Goblin General said I had to pay 1k for the mace because I "lost it".

After completing the quest, I have not gone back there but maybe you can get a new one for 1k from the General. Not sure though.

But, if its tradeable then its unlikely you can get it back :-k

Thanks - was unable to get another from the generals... (with it dropped on ground at the time).

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I don't think it will make a profound difference in the fight caves.

It is still better to bring prayer boosting items such as Veracs.

(To conserve your prayer points)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I think the stats are too bad to make it very useful.

Most people would rather use 4 dds specials than 13 extra prayer points.

4 good dds specials with smite on remove a lot more points and 13 points for a full special bar isn't worth it for me, I'd rather take a sip of prayer potion.

If you could get 100+/90 prayer then it is extremely useful. Means you can multiple barrows runs without recharing

If I could get 70/43 it would make all the difference :thumbsup:

Prayer goes 2x as fast when in the tunnles, so unless you are REALLY fast down there, it would be gone lol

I was suggesting that this be used on the brothers. No only would you be able to heal your prayer while fighting the brothers, you'd also wouldn't need a pot ever again. You could ultimately pray on all the brothers if you wanted to.

I usually Pray only on Dh, Karil, and Ahrim. This uses up 45 points plus an additional 2 doses of potion. If I could heal prayer I could possiably pray on Verac (insted of taking him in the tunnels everytime) and prayer on other brothers that "occasionaly" hit hard such as Torag and Guthans.

but you could use it beforehand to pray on more of the brothers.

What I was suggesting. Read above ^^

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

This might belong in a different forum but...

does anybody have suspissions of the new ancient mace becoming a staple along with the ddp. I say this because of the prayer draining effects of it. Finally(correct if i'm wrong) a new semi-wothwhile weapon \' :-k

DDS --> 4 extra attacks in a full spec bar

Mace --> a small prayer drain

DDS --> Can KO someone and hit high

Mace --> Very low strenght/accuracy

Smiting works better then this mace. Besides, if you ARE able to hit a 30 with that mace in that 1 spec. Which is incredible. Then still it wouldn't harm that many people.

I rather have the kill and 1 less item (protect prayer) then I would have not have the kill but only had the chance of 1 extra item. I thought the same, but the maces strenght/accuracy is to low and the spec should only cost about 50% to be a usefull wilderness weapon.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Obviously, the draining of prayer from your opponent isnt much of a nice effect here...

It's mainly the re-fueling of your own.

But with it using a full spec bar, and it otherwise being a lousy weapon, the ONLY use I can imagine for this is when you can use the spec BEFORE you go into battle...

During battles it is just not good enough, but when you enter with 70/60 prayer into a battle, you're lasting an additional 10 points longer...

This could be applied to a plethora of monsters like the KQ or DKs... However at barrows where your prayer drains a lot faster, you'd still need pots...

So when do you use this?

Everytime you have a full spec bar, but arent expected to be going into combat any time soon. Basicly you're giving yourself a temporary prayer bonus, saving perhaps 1 dose of rpayer potion...

PS: It's not a Dwarven Mace, its called an Ancient Mace

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If I'm not mistaknethe mace is as good as an iron scimmy, no special can justify using a weapon with those stats.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

the mace owns! i hope jagex doesnt nerf it :evil:

That'll be pretty hard, the stats have to be somewhere in the negatives to accomplish that.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

The quest was good, the experience rewards weren't too bad but I still have some testing to see how effective the new mace is. I have been striking the odd hits on werewolves to gain a slight prayer boost before I set off from Canifis bank to Barrows, the boost is minor though.

erkid"]
unless they boost the stats ill never take it out of bank again..

This is a pretty amazing weapond.. It shouldn't be stored in your bank.

id rather use the d scimi spec..

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png