Holy crap - Google 'street view'

Nadril

Google done it again? I'm impressed, it's actually half-decent looking. :)

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this dangerous as it's so easy to check out where people live...perfect tool for stalkers *thinks of the film 'Alone with Her'* :anxious:

Because now only people with authority can access the cameras but this .. can be accessed by anyone.... :ohnoes:

Its not real-time. And how is having a street view picture any different from aerial or even just a regular road map once you know a postcode?

Sorry I thought this was real time :{

And its different from regular road map because if a peado gets the postcode/zip code of someone in the USA and he lives in the UK he can stalk them from the UK.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

And its different from regular road map because if a peado gets the postcode/zip code of someone in the USA and he lives in the UK he can stalk them from the UK.

I'm still not sure you understand how this works.

Google drives a van around and takes pictures of the streets. These pictures are taken once, and probably won't be updated more than every year or so. It doesn't help stalking at all.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Its not in real time, is it? If it was, Viktor could have used it when somebody chucked that Molotov Cocktail outside his house, to see whats going on without actually looking outside.

Lol, that would bring new meaning to lazy.

Ok, In a few years I'll go sit on my front steps. All of you go check all of the streets in Iowa. Goodluck finding me. Cookie to the person who shows me...me!

I don't think anyone here has seen a decent quality pic of you :?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how cheesy the guy in the video is. Anyway, on a more on-topic note, this is pretty cool. I'll love to see this when it's further on in its stages.

Unless there's like a live feed webcam installed on every street (eep :shock:)

And now the future is here, were being watched 24/7 :(

I never thought it would go down this way.. Im not sure if this is cool or creepy.. Now the crazy dudes will really mean it when they say "You are being watched.." Umm nty i dont need you watching me. =;

Talal28.png

Sweet! You can zoom in on cars license plates lol, it would be fun to report the cars to the cops lol :o

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

I think this is pretty cool. I wish they would do Boston next.

Check this out, google is caught breaking the law! :shock: :shame:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 53773&z=15

:lol:

I hope they end up doing all the major cities, including Boston. Then I can go stalk myself...Sort of...

And wow, it is awesome. I found a picture of a place I'm going this summer, as well as a picture of Yankee Stadium. (Which I happened to take a screenshot of, then er...Do stuff to it...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

If you like that, have you seen Google Earth? It's sattelite pictures of all around the world that let you zoom in pretty far. You can search for places and see them. You should check it out.
welcome to planet earth.

Try using the satellite view. Live pictures! Its so awesome.

Hmm... google's got:

toolbar

language translator

books online

calculator

YOUTUBE

web search

dictionary

april fools pranks

Jeopardy daily challenge (starts monday) @ jeopardy.com

anything else? Its official. google's taking over the world.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• 4 weeks later...

It's kinda cool cuz you can check out what a place looks like before you go there. Google is going crazy.

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

blackgoldrobesrv5.pngMageequalitysig.jpg

Its not in real time, is it? If it was, Viktor could have used it when somebody chucked that Molotov Cocktail outside his house, to see whats going on without actually looking outside.

Haha. That'd make Police's jobs a lot easier.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.