WHATS YOUR IQ?

gedboy21122112

Off Topic:

And having high IQ doesn't mean you are smart. You can have IQ of 150+ and be, well, kinda dumb.

You could be getting mental ability and common sense mixed up. One of my friends gets A's and A*'s but we always end up laughing at her for being completely thick and easy to have on. "Are apples really poisonous?" hah.

logo.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The highest tested IQ in history was that of Marilyn vos Savant, recorded at 228 points.

To the poster: You do not have an I.Q. in the 180's. End of story.

On Topic: As part of an advanced placement test when I was in 3rd grade, I had an IQ test,

and my IQ at the time was recorded as 168. More recently, I had an IQ test to determine if

I had Aspberger's Syndrome (not sure why, but they felt it necessary), and my IQ was recorded

at 160.

So apparently in the 8 years since 3rd grade, I've gotten 8 points dumber. :-k Interesting.

At this rate, if I actually live to be 100 it wont matter, I wont have enough brain matter left by

then to support normal functioning. :cry:

unlike most the people that have posted i'll post a real IQ score from an IQ test i took when i was like 7 or 8 forgot, i got a 118, probaly mid 120's by now

which is considered good, since the average IQ is suppose to be 100, but since the orginal test, the average IQ has gone up to around 115'ish

i would also like to add, that IQ test does not mean you are smart, people with high IQs that dont apply themselves will do alot worse then someone with a low IQ that does apply himself, and secondly IQ test is only one area of knowledge, some tests out there test you in over 100 different fields, so just kuz you have a low IQ or a high IQ doesn't mean your smart

[garden tool] [garden tool] [garden tool], you're right about that. I got straight A's all the way through grade school, and

middle school, and then right around 9th grade ...

Whoooo

---------oooooo

-----------------ooooooooo

-------------------------------oooooooooo

-------------------------------------------------*Splat*

*Here lie Kashi's good marks in school*

By the way, for those of your wonder what Asperberger's Syndrome is, look it up.

I don't have it, but if I did it would mean I'm completely brainless 90% of the time, with brief

flashes of absolute genius, then back to knuckle dragging.

Anyway, here's a good link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligen ... ontroversy

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I had to be tested in school for my IQ to be able to get into the "Academically Talented" program at my school. It's basically for the naturally smart kids, but most are just very smart and don't try at all. Mostly this kids in it didn't try and just got mediocre grades while never studying once. I took the test in 2nd grade and got a 150 something IQ. Genius is defined as a 160+ IQ.

image002cc6.gif

im level 76 and IM NOT A NOOB 30- is a noob

Genius is defined as a 160+ IQ.

No. It's not, if you're going to put statistics at least be accurate and have a source. Either way, you're wrong.

So apparently in the 8 years since 3rd grade, I've gotten 8 points dumber.

That's because IQ = (MA/CA) x 100

The higher your chronological age, the higher your mature age needs to be. You are not getting dumber but I do think you're probably part of the majority of tip.it that needs to do a real test.

You could be getting mental ability and common sense mixed up.

Yep he is.

or used a 5000$ check as a bookmark and then lost the book.

Einstein with an IQ over 200 was well known for his tendency to forget things, especially later in life

Once again for those of you who never read other peoples posts other than their own, I stated Einstein had Bipolar disorder.

It makes you extremely forgetful.

---

This thread is making me frustrated because of all the inaccurate information people are giving.

I despise it when people pull information out of their buttocks.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

120 something its average for my age i think thats what people tell me

No.

Where/how did you get it tested?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I du no i fink itz lyk 296. Seriously though, I have no idea. I don't trust those internet "IQ tests" and I've never taken one in real life, nor do I know how or when you can take one..

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

You are not getting dumber but I do think you're probably part of the majority of tip.it that needs to do a real test.

That's the irony of it. There are so many people claiming to have ridiculously high IQs, that even if

someone really did have an exceptional IQ, nobody would believe her. :?

Those were my real results, by the way. However, if I scored a 160 on my IQ test, and the proctor said

that was the highest she'd tested in 23 years doing the job, then I really can't believe anyone claiming

to have an IQ in the 170's or 180's. People like Einstein or Savant are once in a generation miracles

of human psychology.

And don't forget that different tests measure IQ differently. There are 4-5 standard tests given, and which

one you're taking could affect your results by as much as 10-20 points.

idiotacyoa5.png

Is anyone here in Mensa? If so...what's it like?

Imagine being around a bunch of people who are extremely pompous because they met a very miniscule requirement to get into a group that effectively does nothing.

Probably somethin' like that. There is one kid here who would run around bragging about it, but could never write a coherant argument.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I tried, but I missed getting in by like .. 2 points.

Tigra is right, I'm sure it's not all it's cracked up to be.

idiotacyoa5.png

I tried, but I missed getting in by like .. 2 points.

Tigra is right, I'm sure it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Considering that having an IQ over 140 is more of a handicap than a blessing, that would seem logical. Being highly gifted is not a fun trip. Not for the persons themselves and definitely not for their parents/surrounding. I'm not sure if I'm translating this right from my own language, but highly gifted children have asynchronic development patterns. While they develop very quickly on some levels, they develop slower on others. Often, this gives their teachers the impression that these kids are either really dumb, or are playing dumb. Not a healthy situation... I'm really not surprised to hear Einstein had so many difficulties in school.

Seriously, some people have put really high numbers here, are you geniuses or something?! You have to have like 150 IQ to get into this special school for geniuses, and only like 1 in 10,000 have that I believe.

Anyways, I don't really know what my IQ is, haven't done a test yet, I should probably do one.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Last time I took an I.Q. test I scored 136.

When I was 8.

I'm almost 13 now, so it should be a heck of a lot higher.

You had the Mental age of an 11 year old when you were 8.

Your chronological age now at 13 years old compared to mental age does not mean at all that it has increased.

So you're claiming to have the mental age of 18 minimum at 13 years old? That's a high school graduate.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt it from reading your previous posts.

Geez, no need to be so rude. I don't know how these tests work anyway. You don't have to insult people to get your point across.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

When tested at school in 8th grade I.Q. was 120. At senior in High school it was 146. Using Tickle...its now 157. I personally don't like Tickle and don't think i have gotten that much smarter, so i just say 145.

EDIT: I've been told my ppl Mensa is over-rated...so not going to even try. Also, statement of kids growing rapid in some areas and not so fast in others is definitely true for the 'super' gifted. (Knew someone in school that scored 184 I.Q. and got a 33 on ACT after falling asleep during the science portion because it was "beneath" him.Second Edit: Forgot where i was going with that lol. He was one wierd cookie, wrote his own game engine by the time he was in his Junior year, wasn't very socialable but loved athletics too.) Luckly for me, i just seem really mature for my age, and not super weird *i hope :-k *

haldir103.png

This is actually a quite entertaining thread. All but two of the posters claim to have an IQ above average. The majority of the posters in this thread claim to have a top 2% IQ, based on "official tests" (after someone commented on how unreliable the various internet IQ tests are). I can see how Mensa would seem boring to most people, but thankfully there is the alternative: The OT forum - probably one of the larger collections of extremely high IQs around.

Btw, thanks for some of the more informative posts Goddess. Always enjoy your inputs, whether I agree with you or not. Most times I do, might be why. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

This is actually a quite entertaining thread. All but two of the posters claim to have an IQ above average. The majority of the posters in this thread claim to have a top 2% IQ, based on "official tests" (after someone commented on how unreliable the various internet IQ tests are). I can see how Mensa would seem boring to most people, but thankfully there is the alternative: The OT forum - probably one of the larger collections of extremely high IQs around.

High IQs Laik? No, I wouldnt say so. More like it's a great group of well-informed people.

You don't really see IQ directly come into play on a forum all that much :P . I'll admit that it wouldn't surprise me if the average IQ here was above normal, but these numbers are just hilarious :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My sarcasm fails the internet. Or the other way around.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

You talk crazy rebby, we all know carlin brings down whatever above average IQ we would have achieved.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.