New Hit Points Levels?

Mandudeguy04

I don't think Jagex should release a weapon/spell that allows you to hit 99 on a player. That wouldn't be at all fair.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, like others have said.

The weapons and monsters may be getting more powerful, but so is the armour, foodtypes, prayers and pots.

I doubt Jagex will ever give us more hitpoints, unless it's a temporary bonus or something (not an exp based level)

Harrington.gif

Actually, I really like the idea I saw someone post in another thread. You have your actual Health amount seperate from your hitpoint skill. So like, for every level you gain in your hitpoint skill, you gain 3 health. Or maybe up to level 50 you gain 1 per level, then from 51-80 you gain 2 per level, and 80-99 you gain 3 per level. If their engine would allow something like that, I think something like that would be a great solution.

I think this would be the best solution, but the hardest thing to code. Is this in the RSOF suggestions forum? If not I'll post it there.

Not as far as I know, post away. I don't have the patience for the RSOF.

As better weapons have been released over time, better armor and defensive prayers have been released to keep the balance between offense and defense. At the end of RS1, the best weapon in the game was either a dragon sword or a dragon axe (battleaxe), and the best armor setup was a rune platebody, rune platelegslegs, dragon medium helmet, and dragon square shield. The best weapon in RS2 at the moment is arguably the abyssal whip, and the best armor setup is a Torag's helmet, Torag's/Guthan's/Dharok's platebody, Torag's/Dharok's platelegs, and a fully charged dragonfire shield. The best armor from RS1 wouldn't stand a chance against the best weapon from RS2, and the best weapon from RS1 wouldn't stand a chance against the best armor from RS2. However, the balance has always remained.

They'll never make a weapon that can one hit people at a decent level, you'd be suprised how hard jagex works and how complicated the balance of the combat system is. But what they can do is introduce higher healing food, which imo could use an update right now.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

Thats too complicated and I doubt Jagex is gonna do it. I mean, new combat levels, the race for the highscores, its all too much.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

I can already 1 hit people with 99 def, hp >.>

Granite maul hits over 40, and its special is instant.

40+40=80

:-s

(just curious how your doing it, so i can too of course ::' )

I can already 1 hit people with 99 def, hp >.>

Granite maul hits over 40, and its special is instant.

40+40=80

:-s

(just curious how your doing it, so i can too of course ::' )

well it max was like 40 before the obby shield, 40 is like 90 str with max strength gear now, actually... its even less strength levels. with the new prayer that is.

anyway the deal is some1 posted a max hit collection like 2 years ago before the obby shield and barrows gloves. and when all those items came out, the 90 strength level was equal to what 99 str used to hit before the str gear was released.... now with the dragon fire shield and fire cape torso.... new prayers

But the question is: If Jagex increases the HitPoint level cap, at what level will you be able to wear a HP Skillcape?

...That's a serious problem

I'm sure they could just make it so 120 hitpoints is the same experience as 99 currently is. They'd just make it less experience per level you need.

But the question is: If Jagex increases the HitPoint level cap, at what level will you be able to wear a HP Skillcape?

...That's a serious problem

I'm sure they could just make it so 120 hitpoints is the same experience as 99 currently is. They'd just make it less experience per level you need.

but then again,all skills are built on the same xp table, which means one of the two:

Jagex will have to change that thus enabling each skill to have its own xp- per-level table or,

all the skills will be "re-leveled" to 120

jwrm, if the person that attacks you gets lucky, it doesn't really matter if you drank a super def pot and have armour.

It seems that pk-ing nowadays is all about getting lucky though...The first person with some lucky hits will win, it's no logner about skill...

true. versed a guy lower level at area while back, same things wielded, but he had lower levels, his verac hit through mine, I, on the other hand, barely landed a blow. and pots/prayer was turned off btw

Popoto.~<3

It seems obvious (although not popular) that if they cannot increase hit points level, they could REDUCE the strength of ALL weapons and armour proportionally - so you could not longer hit 40s but 30s with the best kit for instance.

Everyone can shout nerf or whatever, but if you wanted to prolong fights, this would be relatively easy, and allow more headroom for improving equipment in the future.

But i would think that the number of people that this effects is relatively small compared to the player base, so dont expect to see such major changes to the game world. After all, its just for fun...

G

Gda_Scooby.png

I know this really wouldn't help at all, but maybe they will lift the level 99 limit on stats, thus letting you have more hp and the like.

But that doesn't really help if people are getting higher attack and strength. It's an idea, though.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png