New Hit Points Levels?

Mandudeguy04

I applaud Jagex for all the new weapon updates. But at this rate its going to start getting crazy. Weapons and prayers keep getting stronger while the HP level stays the same. We might start seeing players with 99 hp and defense get 1 hitted lol :ohnoes: :uhh: So what do you think Jagex can do? Players are going to keep pressing them for newer and better weapons. So when the time comes that Jagex introduces a super weapon, how are they going to balance it out? I don't think they can introduce levels without messing everything up and players won't let them stop making weapons. Whats your solution?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prayer!

I believe prayer will be the solution to add more"hp lvls".. Something like damage reduction prayers could come in the future!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

just get def, prayer alot food... and youll be fine... or take some lessons how to use it :wink:

anyway... noone gets 1 hitted if you have: def + armour, prayer, pots and mutch more... youll only get 1 hitted when: you dont wear your armour because you dont want to lose it, you dont use pots because its too expensive, you dont want to get prayer or defence because you are "pure"

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

jwrm, if the person that attacks you gets lucky, it doesn't really matter if you drank a super def pot and have armour.

It seems that pk-ing nowadays is all about getting lucky though...The first person with some lucky hits will win, it's no logner about skill...

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

No worries about getting one-hitted in f2p though! :mrgreen:

But i get your point. Soon, the only way to survive in the wilderness is to not go in it. Either that, or stay a lvl 3 forever. Your call. :-w

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I seriously doubt theyll change the cap, more likely theyll add armor that adds hp... as most all MMO's have. At a certain point theyll have no choice, as with a whip its possible to hit like 50+ on another player now... 2 hitting a maxed out char simply isnt very logical.

But the question is: If Jagex increases the HitPoint level cap, at what level will you be able to wear a HP Skillcape?

...That's a serious problem

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

i heard a j mod say once that to increase the level cap to 3 digits, it would keep going all the way up to lvl 999, they cant set certain levels e.g lvl 120 max. also it'd be the same for every level, they cant specify just hp for increased cap. something to do with the engine limitations i assume.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Of course they could set the cap at 120, its their code that keeps it at 99 isn't it? Even if this isn't the case, then they could recode levels and level structure from the ground up. PvP combat is screwed right now(not because of god swords or w/e it already is) and the only logical things to do are 1) change the combat mechanics 2) increase the lvl cap.

jwrm, if the person that attacks you gets lucky, it doesn't really matter if you drank a super def pot and have armour.

It seems that pk-ing nowadays is all about getting lucky though...The first person with some lucky hits will win, it's no logner about skill...

Indeed, where Staking has always been extremely luck based it seems as though Pking is starting to fall into that same trend now as well.

The Difference in the two, and the "skill" that was required for pking is fading away.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Actually, I really like the idea I saw someone post in another thread. You have your actual Health amount seperate from your hitpoint skill. So like, for every level you gain in your hitpoint skill, you gain 3 health. Or maybe up to level 50 you gain 1 per level, then from 51-80 you gain 2 per level, and 80-99 you gain 3 per level. If their engine would allow something like that, I think something like that would be a great solution.

totally agreed, as long as you have luck, you can be a pker.

thats kinda why there are tons of "wannabe pk-ers" nowadays, and last time i checked, the wild was filled with people called "x pwnz0rd x" (example) and other names along that line, all pc products.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Actually, I really like the idea I saw someone post in another thread. You have your actual Health amount seperate from your hitpoint skill. So like, for every level you gain in your hitpoint skill, you gain 3 health. Or maybe up to level 50 you gain 1 per level, then from 51-80 you gain 2 per level, and 80-99 you gain 3 per level. If their engine would allow something like that, I think something like that would be a great solution.

I love this. ^^

Though, Jagex could just put in potions/prayers that make you immune to certain weapons/attacks...example immune to special attacks from rangeweapons. ^^

Also you can be 2 hitted very easily even with 99def, and all prayers on, except protect melee. I've seen it happen numerous of times.

I think this would be the best solution, but the hardest thing to code. Is this in the RSOF suggestions forum? If not I'll post it there.

I don't think they should raise any levels to be above 99, the Xp for something like level 110 is just stupid to be honest.

Instead my idea is for Jagex to make more new sets of armour - such as the new Void Knight gear - which when the complete set is worn it will give the player a boost in certain skills.

For instance they could release a set which when all the pieces are worn (eg. a set with a torso, legs and helm. Or another with gloves, torso, boots and legs) could give you an automatic and permenant +10HP levels, so no matter what level HP you are, you'll always get +10Hp added from that set.

Some might argue that the more powerful sets would give too much of a stat boost, but to compenstate for that, each piece of the set could be dropped from different monsters with a low drop rate.

I personally reckon that'd be the best thing Jagex could possibly do in the future. :-w

calvinandhobbessigedite.png