Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Some people just don't discover their true sexuality until they are older. I am 19 and I am still not sure of my own. My uncle who is gay said he discovered his true sexuality at age 28. I have had girl friends and most of my best friends are female, but I don't feel *attracted* to them. I don't necessarily feel attracted to males either. I don't ever see myself getting married at all to be honest.

I do not think homosexuality i wrong. I *was* a Christian and still don't believe the bible is against it. If we all were to follow the bibles laws, there would be no violence or crime or anything. We would all love each other.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bible is against homosexuality, I can assure you. It's stupid, full of contradictions and heinous crimes, though, so I wouldn't worry all that much about it.

I have to say, not knowing seems worse to me than being gay (I don't think homosexuality is "unnatural" or any such garbage, but I'm sure it would be pretty difficult in society today).

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

The Bible is against homosexuality, I can assure you. It's stupid, full of contradictions and heinous crimes, though, so I wouldn't worry all that much about it.

I have to say, not knowing seems worse to me than being gay (I don't think homosexuality is "unnatural" or any such garbage, but I'm sure it would be pretty difficult in society today).

Even if the bible is against it, it doesn't mean their god is against it. (I'm not Christian, though, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, I suppose.)

According to the religion, only the 10 commandments were given directly by 'god'. The bible was written by multiple different people, translated a few times, and rewritten at least once. Even if the bible said something, it doesn't mean it's right (according to the religion.) It is assumed to be correct, because it's their holy book, but nothing in it was ever written by "god". It was written by a few people claiming to know what god wanted. It's like me, or anybody on this forum, deciding to go add to the bible because we "know god's way" and writing a few chapters in.

Tl;dr:

The bible wasn't written by god, therefore anything the bible says doesn't always follows "god's way".

(I am an atheist though, so I don't know if most Christians would agree with anything I just said.)

According to most Christians, the bible was created by God, and then passed on by humans, albeit in it's perfect form. With no mistranslations. Or missed words. Or practical jokes.

I'm not saying that the bible is proof of or evidence for anything; it isn't. A bunch of herdsmen living in tents just decided to write a book that would dictate life. And a few hundred million just decided that it exists.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

India.

No Bibles.

Does Gods law reign over Budda?

Relgion and its "teaching" is just one big popularity contest. Stop thinking like high schoolers for the rest of your lives, people.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I have no idea what people are still going on about: I simply pointed out that the bible does have an issue with homosexuality.

I also said it was full of [cabbage], and have professed my support for the LGBT community.

According to most Christians, the bible was created by God, and then passed on by humans, albeit in it's perfect form. With no mistranslations. Or missed words. Or practical jokes.

That's because the church says the bible is right, and so many people follow the church.

But the bible doesn't say a lot of things that Christians do. There's nothing about having Mass on Sunday, having a Pope, or eating the bread that tastes just like cardboard at one point of the mass. (Communion, I think?)

(I'm agreeing with you here, by the way.)

Untrue. The new testament contains multiple passages detailing the consecration and the mass (bread and wine) and the passing of the church to the apostles, namely peter as pope.

Mass on Sunday goes back to the ten commandments.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To add a little verse.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Nevertheless, it is quite the debate regarding homosexuality in the Bible and I tend towards the school of thought that positions the Bible against homosexuality. As I myself am no Christian it doesn't hold any weight over me. A friend of mine who is a Catholic often tries to argue that the Bible does not condemn homosexual sex, but despite his vast knowledge and understanding I still have yet to hear a convincing argument.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Untrue. The new testament contains multiple passages detailing the consecration and the mass (bread and wine) and the passing of the church to the apostles, namely peter as pope.

Mass on Sunday goes back to the ten commandments.

Hmm. I was told that by my french teacher, I suppose I should have checked it out before posting.

(King James Bible)

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination."

Leviticus 18:22

And that, my friends, is why people get all worked up about about what two consenting adults want to do in private.

No it isn't.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Interesting thought I had while reading for psych. Some scientists believe that homosexuality may be linked to genetics, if this is proven to be true do you think it homosexuality would be more accepted?

Interesting thought I had while reading for psych. Some scientists believe that homosexuality may be linked to genetics, if this is proven to be true do you think it homosexuality would be more accepted?

...what else would it be linked to? If it were environmental it could be changed, and it's been proven unchangeable.

Funny thought, but if it was it would go extinct anyway because Homosexuals have no children to pass their genes on to.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Funny thought, but if it was it would go extinct anyway because Homosexuals have no children to pass their genes on to.

Sperm banks and surrogate motherhood.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

Actually, that wouldn't necessarily be the case. It seems that male homosexuality correlates with female relatives having more children. So, even if the genes weren't passed by sons, they still could get passed through nephews and nieces. [1]

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Homosexuality isnt a choice, its in your genitics and if being attracted to someone of the same gender as you is wrong is gods eyes, the very beign that created homosexuality in the first place, then this is an [wagon] of a god that i will not follow. This is thr main reason im an athiest. Well that and how the church is extremely pro-life but thats a topic for another thread.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

(King James Bible)

And that, my friends, is why people get all worked up about about what two consenting adults want to do in private.

Uhhh no. And we've already disproven that verse.

No offence broski, that's old news. Like... 1995 old news. People just don't care about that.

And greg, I'm confused. You say you don't follow God because he is an ass. Explain your reasoning. Would you follow George Bush's Law even if he is an ass?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

(King James Bible)

Uhhh no. And we've already disproven that verse.

No offence broski, that's old news. Like... 1995 old news. People just don't care about that.

And greg, I'm confused. You say you don't follow God because he is an ass. Explain your reasoning. Would you follow George Bush's Law even if he is an ass?

Why would you follow someone you don't like? :mellow:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Because he's your boss and will beat your ass if you don't?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge