Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

The picture next to the BTS is a picture of a 'Wolpertinger'

maby it has something to do with that?

umm do you bother reading other posts?

Yeah, but i'm allowed to put up suggestions aren't I?

Hmm, I nor anyone else never said you were not allowed to suggest something but whats the point in suggesting the obvious at this stage?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

If it is a new skill I wonder if they will do like what they did when farming was released, giving us time to collect new materials ect..

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This look like a great month is ahead of us, i like it all to be honest. Here is a question, if they are going to be chaging the skill interfaces, will they also be changing the way skill capes look as well?

Oh well only time will tell. Good work jagex :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

OMFG!! amazing month, an auction house basically, and the services without trading is great too! and the new quest omg im just amazed at the BTS this month, i cant wait for the updates!

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

yeah this sounds great!

i'm members but do free players get the exchange?

and if they did; they could put their items in at ridiculously high prices, so its basically unlimited bank space.

and so could members tbh....

so i'm guessing jagex will limit the amount of items you can sell on the exchange at a time, which will mean some normal trading. It may annoy some ppl, but jagex aren't about to give us unlimited bank/trading space.

Most games have (if I remember) a limit, of how much you can auction or sell at one time. It kinda sucks, but I think they will have a limit. Maybe based on overall level, so that if you are really high, you can sell more, but if not, you can only sell 1-2 things. That would prevent abuse, I think.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

That marketplace is going to push prices through the floor, uber deflation lol. My bet is on rune going down to bou 6-7k a bar, rune wc axe going right down to 10k, and rares rising consistently as they become incredibly easy to sell. I can see runescape putting the selling prices to shops up to try and halt the deflation. The big update will probably either be a radical change to the combat system, a radical change to the graphics, a complete rework of the bank system, or a incredible new skill a fair bit bigger than construction. And yeah I think we could see a price fixing merchants guild coming along very very soon.

ccb155d849.png

there making rs so much like wow now. clan chat, lootshare the list goes on lol

Most games have those stuff, not just WoW.

What's wrong with making it like WoW? It's the most successful MMORPG on the planet.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

there making rs so much like wow now. clan chat, lootshare the list goes on lol

It's better to have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Those features you're referring to have been in mmorpgs for a good decade now. Wow didn't invent those features, and lootshare on rs doesn't even resemble lootshare on wow.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just when I leave Runescape for WoW, they bring out the good stuff. :wall:

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

Yes, because the idea of game-wide item listings was INVENTED by World of Warcraft. In fact, every single idea ever to exist in an MMORPG was invented by WoW. Those Jagex thieves.

I hope you where being sarcastic. WoW came later on in the period of MMORPGs, and Auction houses are found in most every game, however that wont stop people from standing there trying to sell things either. All the same great update.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

Your saying all of the ideas are from WoW, but I highly doubt all their ideas are original.

I don't think anyone really believes that all the ideas are original in concept, but it's how Jagex decides to implement them.

Remember: All concepts Jagex uses are from WoW

All plot and items they make are from LoTR

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just when I leave Runescape for WoW, they bring out the good stuff. :wall:

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

Yes, because the idea of game-wide item listings was INVENTED by World of Warcraft. In fact, every single idea ever to exist in an MMORPG was invented by WoW. Those Jagex thieves.

I hope you where being sarcastic. WoW came later on in the period of MMORPGs, and Auction houses are found in most every game, however that wont stop people from standing there trying to sell things either. All the same great update.

RuneScape: 2000-Current.

WoW: January 2005-Current.

Yes, RuneScape stole everything. :roll:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I'd like to ask where exactly the idea that this Grand Exchange will be an Auction House came from? Except from the fact that most immediately thought of World of Warcraft? It doesn't say anywhere in the Behind the Scenes that this will be an auction, in fact the impression that I got was that you would post your item and your price and that would be that. No auction involved.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Why dont they just re-name the game World of Warcraft after all those updates.

- An auction house (stole from wow)

- Assist screen (stole from wow)

- The new chats and clan chat (stole from wow)

- Just about the only thing they didint steal is the graphics, RS is still stuck in the past.