lock please

ego_scorpion

I think Jagex is moving rapidly toward the abolishment of (or a major restriction on) person-to-person (p2p) trading. Consider:

- The "assist" system negates the need for p2p trading when you need to take advantage of another player's higher skills.

- The "lootshare" system negates the need for p2p trading when sharing drops among party members.

- The "Grand Exchange" will negate the need for p2p trading with just about everything else, from the sound of it.

Abolishing p2p trading makes a good deal of sense. After all, without p2p trading the real-world traders and commercial gold farmers will no longer be able to function. Who's going to pay $50 for a piece of RS equipment on E-Bay if there's no way to ensure receipt of that equipment in the game?

(If not abolish, perhaps modify: Jagex may be considering a change to p2p trading so that noted items are no longer directly tradeable, thus eliminating bulk transactions for items like logs and pure essence.)

One more comment: I think the GE will almost certainly lower prices for just about everything in RS, from herbs to logs to Barrows equipment. It's simple supply and demand: the lower the supply, the greater the demand, prices go up. With GE, the converse will be true; by simplifying the effort of bringing a product to market, there will be a greater supply of most things, therefore reducing the price.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does indeed ruin merchanting, I say good riddance.

Merchanting is a terrible thing, I think.

U don't know what yur talking about, people want to sell stuff low prices and then other ppl buy high prices.

its quite simple, a few ppl sell u 100 coal 150ea then when u get 1k sell all 200 ea. no1's getting ripped off its worth more in bulk!

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

I do not think that this will hurt the economy as a whole but it may close the price range for some of the more common items ex. yews bowstring and nats. I am positive that it will hurt merchs , but I dont really care for them and think that it would bo great if they died out. I really hope that it is amazing :pray:

billybobj282.gif

If it does indeed ruin merchanting, I say good riddance.

Merchanting is a terrible thing, I think.

U don't know what yur talking about, people want to sell stuff low prices and then other ppl buy high prices.

its quite simple, a few ppl sell u 100 coal 150ea then when u get 1k sell all 200 ea. no1's getting ripped off its worth more in bulk!

NO this is completely false people genrealy sell for what ever is easiest to sell at and very often you see people selling things for 5-10 gp less ea if you buy alot at once.

billybobj282.gif

people are saying it will lower prices - but I think it will increce them. Think about it - there will be the same number of items for sale (as it dosnt speed up production) so there will be no deflaton.

As well as this - skillers won't be in as much rush to sell. For example - I am abut to mine 10k coal to get my mining lvl up. Previously I would have sold them quick for about 150 - 160ea - so I could then go off and kill some chaos druids to get some herbs.

With the new exchange, why would i do that when I can post up my coal and hold out for 200ea, and then get an extra 400k - 500k profit?!?

I dont think we are seeing a point of deflation - I think we a seeing a rebalence of power - where skillers finaly get a payoff for all they bring in to the game

people are saying it will lower prices - but I think it will increce them. Think about it - there will be the same number of items for sale (as it dosnt speed up production) so there will be no deflaton.

As well as this - skillers won't be in as much rush to sell. For example - I am abut to mine 10k coal to get my mining lvl up. Previously I would have sold them quick for about 150 - 160ea - so I could then go off and kill some chaos druids to get some herbs.

What you are failing to take into account are the HUGE stockpiles of items that high level players have sitting in their banks.. items that they don't use but won't sell because right now it is such a pain.

Just off the top of my head, I have the following items sitting in my bank, unused:

- Over 5,000 lower-level herbs.

- Thousands of good seeds that I don't use.

- Dozens of talismans.

- 100 spools of fine cloth.

- About a dozen pairs of rune boots.

And a lot more.

If this system is easier to use, you're going to see a lot of "bank sales" on the GE.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Advantage: There's mroe of an opportunity to sell items for more and buy them for less

Disadvantage: Think of all the lag! EVERY server connected?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I think that initially prices will lower, with people who don't like selling things finding an easier way to get rid of all their stockpiled items. But eventually, with people being able to easily check what price other things are being sold for, prices will stabilize.

That isn't to say that merchanting won't happen though. Merchanting relies on more than people who don't know the prices. People who want to sell quickly for fast cash, or buy something that they need quickly, will always provide merchanting. Or the occasional good deal for non-merchanters :D

Naw mate, merchants will still find a bargain... because there are two things people capitalise on while merchanting EG:

the time: sometimes people want to go pking with mates but dont have sharks or super sets, they may buy these for upto 5x the original price.

And also the time as in the seller wants quick cash in the bank which means that merchants can still capitalise on that and find something cheap in the players shops and buy.

But i'm uber happy cause no more AUTOTALKERS. YAY!!!!

Rejoice my friend!

Exactly what I think .

The Grand Exchange will probably ruin merchanting... Even though what IcedKake said is true, PKers will probably buy beforehand and these deals will be rare. Poor merchants...

But it's good: no more autotalkers.

But it's bad: World 1 and 2 will no longer be the marketing capitals of RS. Tis a sad day for Gielinor. :boohoo:

notice this is a rip off Pokemon Pearl/Diamonds' GTS (Global Trade System) - yuo leave one pokemon in, you get what you want in however long it takes...

i think this will be sweet!

So many other games have used similar systems before... no one is ripping off anyone.

icecube7.jpeg

IMO, you will see things that are used to build skills, or fighting, such as prayer pots, herb seeds, coal, yews maybe go higher as people buy them. On the other hand, people will dump their treasure trails stuff on the GE and those will not go for much more than alch prices I bet. You will rarely see a rare on the GE.

Well, if it connects to all servers, that might mean w2 population might drop =) of course is most likely will still be rather high, people will still trade there, but it will be easier to get into that server.

vizardsig-1.png

Well, if it connects to all servers, that might mean w2 population might drop =) of course is most likely will still be rather high, people will still trade there, but it will be easier to get into that server.

Maybe all the rares will still be sold in their tradtional market places, while everything else heads to the GE :-k

Starting a new clan or simply want a better site? PM me and I can organise something for you!!

i think the exchange would be a great thing, i personally myself is a merchant and you would not believe the time i spend on forums or in game just trying to get something sold.

this would give me time to do other things than to stand in world one saying"selling sara plateleg"

yak34

[hide=Stats]0_yak.png[/hide]

[hide=ETC.]Click Here to view my YouTube Channel

Read my blog here

4kp7q0p.gif[/hide]

Here is whats happening, Jagex has definetly since the NGE (ET TU rs2)

focused on money rather then the social aspect of the game.Jagex has done a great job making rs fun and bug free =D> (unlike SWG but thats a different story :wall: ).Selling stuff to people and buting it from other people was kind of a pain in the neck.Now if u wnat stuff as a set of rune u just go to this house rather then find a furious typer tring to sell it :boohoo: . No this doeas not ruin merchants becuse indiviulad items and 1 or 2 sets of something will still be bought ptp but if u wnat to buy bulk for skilling this house is a great thing \'

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

First off, i never merchanted, and never had any inclination to. That being said, i am all for the grand exchange. It will make everything easier to sell, and a lot of things easier to buy. It will make prices more stable and end economic events like the latest bowstring crash. All in all, this could be the best thing to happen to runescape in a long time.

In the wise words of Pintsize:

It was like being hit by a freight train carrying eighty tons of SEX!

Alucard654.png

What you are failing to take into account are the HUGE stockpiles of items that high level players have sitting in their banks.. items that they don't use but won't sell because right now it is such a pain.

Just off the top of my head, I have the following items sitting in my bank, unused:

- Over 5,000 lower-level herbs.

- Thousands of good seeds that I don't use.

- Dozens of talismans.

- 100 spools of fine cloth.

- About a dozen pairs of rune boots.

And a lot more.

If this system is easier to use, you're going to see a lot of "bank sales" on the GE.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say you are both right, resulting in a lowering of the general price of items for a short while (because of the huge influx of items people have in their bank that they don't want to waste time on by selling it in world 1 or 2) and after that, people will sell items for the general price instead of a bit lower since they don't have to stand in world 1 or 2 for a long time.

best-guide-ever.jpg