lock please

ego_scorpion

Hmm...I'm going to hold onto my rares because I think there is a chance that they will go up in price instead of down (everybody will start putting them up for more than they are worth, and people start thinking that is the real price). I might be wrong...we'll just have to wait and see. :pray:

fighterhwk.png

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily think it will completely ruin merchanting, because some people buying things maybe don't know about the Grand Exchange, so will continue their old habits of standing at banks and hollering "Selling (insert item(s) here)" or "Buying (insert item(s) here"

But yea, I agree, it will affect merchanting quite a bit. It's like being shot with a bullet that never heals in the knee. Well, I guess that's only if your way of making money in Runescape is merchanting.

iHogi.png

I'm just going to have to see. If we can check what other people are selling our items for I think it will lead to competition for lower prices which will help merchants in that they cna buy from teh grand exchange and sell in the real world.

I'll be looking around for those ranger sets.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Yeah. At first it will be competition, but I believe they'll dramatically rise after it is out for awhile. It's how the market is. It'll drop, when first coming out, then dramatically rise after demand is high. Merchants have the upper-hand here as they'll buy all these rares when they hit their low then control it later.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Depending on how it works, the exchange is going to shake up trading.

I would expect that maybe one player could place one item (or quantity of items) on the exchange at one time, to keep the volume down to manageable levels.

Yeah. That's what I am basically implying in larger terms :) I think either way, it's going to lower, then rise. It could be the other way around as well. It could soar, then drop dramatically.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

I'm not completly sure what will happen, mostly because we do not know how it will work yet. However, I do know one thing...

BANK SPACE!!!

yup. I can get rid of a whole bunch of nooby things like camo, which brings up a problem... What will happen when people put a whole bunch off nooby trash in the grand Exchange? Will it stay there for all eternity?

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I'm not completly sure what will happen, mostly because we do not know how it will work yet. However, I do know one thing...

BANK SPACE!!!

yup. I can get rid of a whole bunch of nooby things like camo, which brings up a problem... What will happen when people put a whole bunch off nooby trash in the grand Exchange? Will it stay there for all eternity?

There was another thread on this, but I'll summarize what it had:

Since it's uncertain of how this system will work, it may not save bank space. Items may remain in your bank and just be tagged with something signifying they're being sold in the GE. As far as random event items go, they can't be traded so you wouldn't be able to put them in there anyways.

icecube7.jpeg

I think that there will always be people who desperately want to sell something, so they will offer it up for a lower price.

The expert (lol) merchants will buy these goods, offer them back up at a higher price, and merchanting shall continue.

In the perfect world, yes, merchanting would die with this update. :thumbsup:

In all honesty, I do not think it will though.

But for some reason it does die, who cares?

I've looked through the Skill, Quest, Mini-Game and more guides on RuneScape, and didn't see anything about merchanting.

kosoffmisthillspx3.jpg

^ Blog

I think this update is a great idea.

This will save huge amounts of time for people who like to play the game properly and quest or raise skill levels. I've wasted so many frustrating hours trying to buy or sell items when I could have been levelling up and enjoying myself.

I really couldn't care less about the merchanters in the game, as I don't see the point in spending all your time in game trying to make as much of this virtual gold as you can. Besides, at the end of the day merchanting is just taking advantage of people i.e. ripping them off.

Hopefully this update will kill merchanters and they'll all stop playing, which would mean I could play the game with much less lag.

If they only allow one item at a time, I don't think it will have much affect.(I never know the right effect/affect to use)...

However, If I can put my whole bank on there if I please, I predict it is going to have a major impact on buying and selling.

It most likely will have some sort of search system. The only real problem I see is if they have a sorting system.

If when a person is searching for things to buy, they can pick "lowest price first", this will drive the prices of everything down, due to the fact buyers will always be able to find what is lowest priced.

I can't predict what will happen, but I know that this definitely has the possibility of having huge affect on the market.

w4M8t.png

If they only allow one item at a time, I don't think it will have much affect.(I never know the right effect/affect to use)...

However, If I can put my whole bank on there if I please, I predict it is going to have a major impact on buying and selling.

It most likely will have some sort of search system. The only real problem I see is if they have a sorting system.

If when a person is searching for things to buy, they can pick "lowest price first", this will drive the prices of everything down, due to the fact buyers will always be able to find what is lowest priced.

I can't predict what will happen, but I know that this definitely has the possibility of having huge affect on the market.

Exactly. Until the time comes, we don't know for sure, but either way, it will most likely get affected.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

I predict that every prediction about this thing will turn out to be worthless since we don't know how they will implement it.

How much it gets used, and what impact it has on prices, depends entirely on the details. Even small differences in how it works will have a huge impact.

The speculation may be fun, but it really doesn't mean anything.

I love you. adopt me so I may learn how to truly crush people, prettah please?

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

I predict that every prediction about this thing will turn out to be worthless since we don't know how they will implement it.

How much it gets used, and what impact it has on prices, depends entirely on the details. Even small differences in how it works will have a huge impact.

The speculation may be fun, but it really doesn't mean anything.

I love you. adopt me so I may learn how to truly crush people, prettah please?

Lol. That didn't really crush anyone. He was giving his opinion as I stated mine.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

personally I'll hold onto my rare, simply because even if there is a price dip, I'll still make money in the long run. I'd rather keep it and have no risk and have the price go up than take a big risk with a chance of making money off it quickly. Especially since I'm not in a money squeeze right now.

I think that its great because its so annoying browsing the forums for a seller. When its released, you can reach anyone and everyone while still playing and not relying on people who may not even come when you agree to trade with them.

sig3oq4.png

Click my sig to see my Never ending quest blog!

Clicky for skillz blog

i don't think it will destroy merchanting all together. but i hope it does. Merchanters just take advantage of people who dont know the price of something. but if there is an item that people just have sitting in their banks, they will sell it at a discount price. just so people will buy and get rid of it. This is the only reason why i think merchanting wont be destroyed.

This is going to save lots of time when your buying something.I think this is going to be a good update but they are going to need have something that shows that an item is yours.

flingboy05.png

i think this might improve merching, but might kill the forums...
Oh there's no doubt in my mind that this will kill the forums, the thing to think about is, is that a bad thing?

In the wise words of Pintsize:

It was like being hit by a freight train carrying eighty tons of SEX!

Alucard654.png