The New Year Update

ShakingBro

My Ideas:

New continent/country/whatever you wanna call it

On another side of RuneScape with new cultures and monsters and death and whatnot, choose which side you are on, but visit the other side

Atmosphere and Space

Hey, they had an age of exploration back then, why not now?

Manbearpig or Mr. Hankey

Who knows, they might like South Park :P

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's allready been leaked out what it is. :P

no, it's not a new skill.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Maybe we'll be able to travel to Freneskae, they home of the Mahjarrat and it'll be a completely new continent, opening up new skills, quests, armours and weapons, more bank space with an updated interface. It could be a complete overhaul of many aspects of Runescape.

It could open up new methods of raising skills, like some smithers may possibly be able to make *some* dragon items. New types of fish, new potions, new prayers and new ways to level prayer.

We may also learn new magics. We could also have a brand new Quest Guild, we nearly have 250 Quest Points available to us, perhaps we'll have a Mythic Guild?

We may get new quests involving the closing of big storylines, linking them all together like the Elf storyline to the Dwarves.

*edit* I think we may of gotten a slight hint possibly with the new smithing interface, we have a lot of empty space that needs taking up. Maybe that's going to be extended? Just throwing that in as a possibility. Skills in general could be getting a big update.

Dark_Jab.png

Look, couldn't it be all these things? A new continent, weather, all of it! It's supposed to be a MASSIVE update, and so much specualtion is happenening it couldn't be just one thing, could it? Because i wouldn't define that as a massive, huge, super-fantastico update, just a very good one. This will be bigger than all of us think.....

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

A serious graphic update is what I'm hoping fore. The gameplay is there - the game concept. Just need a bit more graphic to be the best online game in the world. :thumbsup:

A bank update could be quite nice too though. ::'

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

maybe we finally get through the (probably not so) infamous "mith door" :) that would be pretty cool (imagine dragon dragons :XD: :XD: )

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

this is my bet : tip.it being officialized by jagex

Before flaming or w/e, just listen to this:

I was with another fansite before (no you wont get the name....) and then clan chat arrived... hehe. There was a fierce spam battle tipitchat and the other fansite and one day! i heard you guys got ''asked'' by jagex to close tip it chat.... and they just shuted ours w/o notice lol

but what is more likely to happen could be archeology.

And for the weird bunny thing (too lazy too see his name) they could invent a story for it.

... Or maybe they are bored of bob the cat and wants a mascot the 8 yrs playing rs could say ''wow 1 w4nt 0n3'' about it

*sorry for the typos... im french lol*

Main: runswithsciz

skiller: pope skills

rendjs0.png

What about the option of entering a first-person view? imagine going up against the KQ or KBD and looking at them from your character's prespective :shock:

Barrows drops: Guthan helm (1), Vearc skirt (1)

Dragon drops: 0

Rune drops: Rune med (2), rune full (1)

I want cool pets, or mounts.

Maybe they meant "very, very big on the horizon" literally? Space, Sun?

Bingo! That's exactly what i thought, a massive new area/ dimension type thing! :D :XD: ::' :thumbsup: 8-)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

SUMMONING. WILL. NEVER. BE. MADE.

It would lag the hell out of the game; Java can't support something like that.... It would be like world 2 falador, everywhere, if people could summon NPCS.

I think it'll either be the expansion to the east (Asian-themed lands), the "high level island", or the release of MechScape.

Mechscape wouldnt be part of Runescape, so thats ruled out

As for the east, I suspect it would be more than just Asian. Last time I checked cyclopes werent from Asia

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I'm going with the idea that Mechscape will be released. "very very big on the horizon", space? Mechscape is a space-ish type of game from the figures I have seen.

Either that, or we're looking too far into this and that had nothing to do with it :)

I'm going with the idea that Mechscape will be released. "very very big on the horizon", space? Mechscape is a space-ish type of game from the figures I have seen.

Either that, or we're looking too far into this and that had nothing to do with it :)

Mechscape wouldnt be part of Runescape, It would be a completely seperate game. Only similarity would be name

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Update: I've changed this list very slightly to clarify some of the items on the plan. Also please bear in mind when this list was written it was just a rough plan to give you an idea of the sorts of things that we were thinking of. As it happens we inserted lots of other cool stuff into the schedule that isn't even on this list, which pushed some things back but certainly didn't deprive you of updates! However pretty much everything here is still planned. There is just so many possible things we can do (this list being just a small fraction), and it's hard to decide what to do first! In particular we decided to develop several key map areas that aren't even listed, before the ones here, and did considerably more detailed and complex quests than originally planned.

Development plan as of 31-Mar-04

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

These are just some of the many of the currently planned features.

New areas:

# A viking style area, including a new quest and town.

# A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

# A pyramid quest in the desert full of traps, treasure and mummys .

# A barrows of the undead area to explore and find new equipment.

# Some good training areas designed for rangers.

New quests:

# There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline.

New items:

# Enchantable rings.

# More rare weapons and armour - including weapons with impressive special moves.

# Armoured boots.

# More clothing to help give your characters a unique look.

# Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

# Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

# Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

# A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

# More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

# More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

# Special organised game events on holidays.

# Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

# In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts.

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Clan support, to allow you to optionally form your own clans with your friends.

Mutiplayer castle arena for massive team based wars!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

The subject in bold is the only update we have not gotten yet, since the release of RS2. This excerpt and list is from the 21st page of the runescape updates archive.

Do you think it could be Randomly generated team scenarios, as mentioned above?

My old signature had to do with PKing the classic way.

Unfortunately, that is no more.

Update: I've changed this list very slightly to clarify some of the items on the plan. Also please bear in mind when this list was written it was just a rough plan to give you an idea of the sorts of things that we were thinking of. As it happens we inserted lots of other cool stuff into the schedule that isn't even on this list, which pushed some things back but certainly didn't deprive you of updates! However pretty much everything here is still planned. There is just so many possible things we can do (this list being just a small fraction), and it's hard to decide what to do first! In particular we decided to develop several key map areas that aren't even listed, before the ones here, and did considerably more detailed and complex quests than originally planned.

Development plan as of 31-Mar-04

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

These are just some of the many of the currently planned features.

New areas:

# A viking style area, including a new quest and town.

# A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

# A pyramid quest in the desert full of traps, treasure and mummys .

# A barrows of the undead area to explore and find new equipment.

# Some good training areas designed for rangers.

New quests:

# There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline.

New items:

# Enchantable rings.

# More rare weapons and armour - including weapons with impressive special moves.

# Armoured boots.

# More clothing to help give your characters a unique look.

# Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

# Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

# Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

# A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

# More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

# More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

# Special organised game events on holidays.

# Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

# In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts.

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Clan support, to allow you to optionally form your own clans with your friends.

Mutiplayer castle arena for massive team based wars!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

The subject in bold is the only update we have not gotten yet, since the release of RS2. This excerpt and list is from the 21st page of the runescape updates archive.

Do you think it could be Randomly generated team scenarios, as mentioned above?

what? i thought we already had that? the minigame that you complete adventures...and get lumberjack clothes? eh?

i read the list, we havent gotten "summoning spells" yet.