your favorite quotes

mawd_luva

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.

- George Bernard Shaw

A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.

- Fred Allen

"Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if.."; And then do it."

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

"The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."

"The most dangerous people on the planet are those who are convinced that they know the truth."

"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history."

-Fiedrich Hegel-

"When you take stuff from one writer it's plagiarism; but when you take it from many writers, it's research."

-Wilson Mizner-

"All censorships exist to prevent any one from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorships."

-George Bernard Shaw-

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."

-Plato-

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain-

"Be nice to America. Or we'll bring Democracy to your country."

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

- George Orwell

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

- Ronald Reagan

rickastleywh7.png

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

- Ronald Reagan

Pretty true, actually. What Lenin writes about is not exaclty Communism, it had government. Same basic ideas (revolution of preoletariat, etc.) but with permamnent dictatorship of the proletariat.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Pretty much any quote from Mark Twain is gold in my eyes :-w .

"[bleep] all the pop song puppy love [cabbage]. Your heart skipping a beat isn't love, it's cardiac arrhythmia....

[...]

And if the seventh time you have that conversation, knowing full well there will be an eighth time, you'd still rather have that conversation again than imagine a world she's not in, you're in love.

Especially if you do fix that thermostat... again... the next day, and not just so she'll shut up about it, but because you really don't want her to be cold anymore."

That's flippin' awesome: deep, cynical, and raw, my favorite kind of writing. Do you know who wrote that?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Another good one is "There is no "I" in team, but there is an M and an E"

I had heard: "There is no 'I' in team, but there's a 'we' in weapon."

A good quote told by a not so very famous person: "Getting people to do what you want is merely a matter of telling them what they want to hear"

This signature is intentionally left blank.

- Ronald Reagan

Pretty true, actually. What Lenin writes about is not exaclty Communism, it had government. Same basic ideas (revolution of preoletariat, etc.) but with permamnent dictatorship of the proletariat.

Indeed. Very true statement. Not that I have much time Reagan, but at least he implies the commonly interpreted definition of Communism is actually completely false.

well i could make a list that is REALLY long or i can give you the first one that popped nto my head...

I'll give you the first one :P

"When you point a finger, three fingers point back"

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

"With great power comes great responsibility". Uncle Ben, Spiderman (the movie)

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Pretty much any quote from Mark Twain is gold in my eyes :-w .

"[bleep] all the pop song puppy love [cabbage]. Your heart skipping a beat isn't love, it's cardiac arrhythmia....

[...]

And if the seventh time you have that conversation, knowing full well there will be an eighth time, you'd still rather have that conversation again than imagine a world she's not in, you're in love.

Especially if you do fix that thermostat... again... the next day, and not just so she'll shut up about it, but because you really don't want her to be cold anymore."

That's flippin' awesome: deep, cynical, and raw, my favorite kind of writing. Do you know who wrote that?

I don't remember what username he went/goes under, but it was no one famous. Just some guy at a forum. But yes, it's brilliant.

2009rb9.jpg

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

- Ronald Reagan

Indeed. Very true statement. Not that I have much time Reagan, but at least he implies the commonly interpreted definition of Communism is actually completely false.

Another Reagan one that's true regardless of whether you support abortion or not:

"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born"

Something like that anyways

and...

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

"Only two things are infinite, human stupidity and the universe and I'm not even sure of the latter" -- Einstein

"Paris Hilton is behind bars now... Still no news on Osama though" -- David Letterman

"Growing is hating, while hating is growing" -- Serj Tankian

"You will live death in your life,

If all you do with your life is avoid death,

My goal is to stop reacting in life,

While reacting more in sports,

It is great work to strip man from his home,

Clothes, education, social circle, and job,

In order to preserve his freedom and individuality,

Giving him his own dreams,

Rather than those of society.

Life's cruelty is in its forced forfeit of all worldly

possessions

In trade for one's life.

Death should only be the reward,

The aftermath, not the focus of life.

The world lives life according to death,

Rather than death in accordance to life." -- Serj Tankian from the poem "Death"

"You gotta laugh when you're the joke" -- Lyrics from the song Life is Beautiful by "Sixx:A.M."

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

"If its something worth doing, its worth asking someone else to do it for you."

"If its something worth having, its worth cheating for."

I dunno who said those, I just heard a friend say them.

The quote I use the most in life... "Ah [flan]" -everyone on Earth

Its good for the ohnosecond times.

-ohnosecond, a period of time when you realize you serriously messed up.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.