Do you ever use the"Self Sufficient" methods??

roanlo

hi i was jsut wondering if any of you scapers acutally ever use the Self-Sufficientfashion way of getting things, instead of a shop or nother player

some of the Self-sufficient things include Churning(churn milk to make butter or cheese), bland farming(like killing cows or dragons. FOR YOURSELF, not to sell)

others include: sheering sheep, fishing lava/cave eels( :notalk: ok thats not a OLDIE(or self sufficent, but alot of people just dont bother getting them anymore)

Ok cause i didnt post about me before-i will now :D

ok im gernally always doing things myself. like fish and cook, fletch for a spare 100k sometimes. i train all the skills (explains why i have quest cape \:D/ ) the only acutal thing i buy is the odd rune legs or soemthing. im gernally poor so i dont buy much[just managed to get my first whip a week ago;i know that sounds nooby for a lv 95 player]

other than that i dont buy much -.-

if ya can think of any others post away! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

=; #-o

P.S i dont know why this has happened but i've acutally posted 10 times(just to point out)

P.S.S i changed all of the "OLD" things to self sufficent for people.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make my own molten glass, if that's what you mean? ::'

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I mine gold without amulet of glory. :o

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

this is badly worded

they are not OLD ways of getting something

they are SELF SUFFICIENT ways of getting something.

I and most of my friends are self sufficient where ever and when ever possible, unless we get bored of something (eg mining ess) and buy it in

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

if you open your eyes, you'll see players getting things the old way.

too many people support the bots though.

i can think of others. slayer over camping. kingdom of miscellania over mining coal or fishing tuna.

killing dragons for dragonhide.

killing chaos druids over farming for herblore.

burying bones over ecto, gilded altar.

walking over teleporting, which isnt really old, but maybe considering when you first played, you couldnt teleport because your mage was too low.

walking to runecraft altar over abyss or zmi.

some of these things arent any better just different way of playing. if you want to read a great thread, there's an excellent thread on rsof forums look up DIY (do it yourself) there's a tremendous amount of good information.

to answer your question, i do things the old way when its in my interest to do things the old way for my own entertainment or to gather materials if the old way is still good, and in some cases it is. and i understand completely i make lots of pies and use lunar bake pie spell, so i combine the old with the new etc.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Yes, sometimes I do things the old way. For example I almost crafts all my runes myself for magic, I fish all my fish myself for cooking and I chop almosy all my own logs for firemaking. Sometimes I also mine my own ores for smithing.

But when it comes to the other skills, I often buy the items I need for training them.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I always try to do everything myself, i like every part of the game and thoroughly enjoy making the things i use from scratch. There are some exceptions though, like for instance, if i need an amulet of glory, or and rune scimmy. I do not have the skills to make these yet so i have to buy them. The new assist system obviously makes this a lot easier for me and less expensive.

I like caching/making all my food. One of the first things i done upon joining rs was to get my fishing/cooking lvls up high enough so i could make decent food. I've never bought food from someone else.

Its funny you mentioned churning in your example ... i've just finished churning 400 butter for my tuna potatos :P 22hp each.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!

Churning to make cheese is the old way? I remember waiting at Aggie's house in Draynor trying to catch the cheese spawn :P

I stick to rsc style, self sufficient methods to do stuff, still havn't adjusted to Rs2 :|

~M

I try to get as much things as possible by myself. And I don't like some of the new training methods, so I don't use them(like Pest Control or Gilded Altar/Ectofunctus).

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I do self-sufficiency either when I don't believe the time wasted to be considerable or if I can't be bothered to buy it myself.

Otherwise, self-sufficiency is horribly inefficient and if you do it just to prove a point you're just hurting yourself.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I craft my own nature rune for alching, so I don't losse money. I buy bow tough.

I kill blue drag to get prayer up. I loot blue d'hide and bone, so I sell the d'hide and buy some more bones :)

I got 51 herblaw with tears of guthix, I don't know if it's an old methods, buts it's slow :XD:

oie_080707215636np9.png

Otherwise, self-sufficiency is horribly inefficient and if you do it just to prove a point you're just hurting yourself.

I completely agree. Being a 100% self-sufficient is a complete waste of time and money for those with mid-high level skills.

Personally, I am rarely self-sufficient. If I need, for example, some green dragon hides, I go make some money and buy them; much faster then killing the green dragons myself.

Oh, and shouldn't this be in questionnaires?

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]