Monday Poll: Have you ever been scammed by a friend?

MPM

I have never had a friend scam me, mostly because the only people I would trust with items are my real life friends. I find it very hard to be friends with someone I have never met in real life. I can trust with people I meet on runescape, but never enough to let them borrow an item.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, the worst that ever happened to me was once, a good friend of mine gave me a d square for my birthday. A week later he wanted to borrow my d scimmy. I let him, and after a couple more weeks he just stopped logging on... As far as I'm concerned, I just traded a d scim for a d square, so i wasn't really very upset about it.

I've lent a couple hundred k to some friends before.. And one of my friends used to borrow my whip a lot. I've never had any problems getting my things returned. My friends trust me with their things too, I've borrowed masks and santas. Always given them back. Friends are way more important than pixels.

ice_goddess1.gif

Click here for my blog!

Dragon drops-2 :: Barrows-7

I've trusted a lot of items & lost the following: red party hat, 2 yellows, 1 mask set, 20 rune 2 hands, 30k yew logs & bow strings. All on Runescape Classic :cry:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

I was once.

He wanted to "try" out my Darkbow. He teled, and logged.

Still trying to get it back, Lucky clues lately, so the Marketplace will help me sell them, and get my Darkbow back :D

I know he still plays, since he is on the highscores.

I've only seen him online once, for a few seconds.

I haven't forgiven him. It isnt the darkbow, but the fact he took my trust and used it for his own gain. Thats why I dont like him. I havn't put him on ignore yet, mainly because I want to confront him sometime.

I have learned from that though.

I only have one friend I'd trust that I only know in game atm.

Even then it's kinda shaky, I wouldn't loan what I couldn't get back.

katiegirl19.png

I've had a couple of millions stolen by a friend; However, it only happened once. Ever since then if I do loan items to my friends, I ask for an item of equal or similar value to hold in return.

I have only a few friends, but the ones I do have have been trustworthy for the two years I've played.

Nova FTW!

dgqj40.jpg

TwistedGaming2copy000.png

=Omega_Squire=

i dont think i have every been scammed, but i do tend to only trade with friends i know will give me bac stuff, i have some nice friends to one just gave me money cause he thought i was cool....i payed him bac with friendship and a couple of dragonstones a few weeks later even thou he said he didnt want anything, i think its tru friends are more imporatant than pixles but their is the remote few who dont think like that

<3:

COME TO THE DARK SIDE>>>WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

sparklinfrog.png

sparklinfrog.png

I have never been scammed by a friend. However one time a while back, I lent a drag long to a friend and they accidentally died with it . That about as close to have being scammed by a friends i have been.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I have personally been scammed by a "friend" at least once but these scammers I had only known a few weeks at most. My friends these days I have known years.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Sadly, back when i was unexperienced with the runescape population, i had spent months saving up a whole 3.5m for a dragon woodcutting axe, which when i bought, greatly satisfied me. A few days after i bought it, i was out woodcutting with a friend, and he asked me if he could try it out for a load of yews. Well, i acted as i would irl, and trusted that he'd give it back, but five seconds after i accepted that son of a [bleep] logged out...

This caused me to be broke and devastated, and it was very hard to get back on my feet knowing i could be 3.5m richer (and should be).

~Don't Trust ANYONE

i have never bin scamed by a friend but one one of my friends tried[50k for a 1.5k item] he was broke at the time so he is still my friend[more or less]. althow one of my friends still os me 5k -.- . now i dont lend enything of value unless i made it or got it for free. [p.s. the 5k was alot at the time]

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!