Who have YOU lost due to the recent updates?

tazo6114

I've lost a few good friends, and soon I will probably quit after around 5-6 years of playing. Runescape isn't the same without pking. Usually when Im bored i go and hang out in the wild and pk, but now thats gone. Bounty Hunter is all about who has a better clan, might as well be clan wars but u get loot.

In my opinion, Jagex is killing Runescape faster than RWTers are.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lost? seriously a wcer can never truly lose friends only gain...

now i can wc behind varrok and have a laugh and chat with people who actually reply - over the past couple of days i have gained many new friends from woodcutting yews behind varrok castle.

this game has become very nice, and what it was truly ment to be fun, i earned money wcing while chatting to friends with no interference with bots.

over the past day i grew 1 woodcutting level, gained 500k and made many,many friends, now for what i have lost is sadness.

i lost the sadness of repeatly saying no to a pker until he gets the piont that if im not in wild i dont want to fight.

i lost the sadness of knowing bots are ruining wc for me.

i have gained money, friends, and most off all...

...fun - what a game is supposed to be. finaly i can get on with my goal of 99 woodcutting.

Well, none.

yay for you!!! another person who hasnt lsot anyone.

i love these updates personaly. i hope the more mature players will learn to adapt around these updates and continue to play - but still keeping bots away

i'm going to miss the old stuff

i'm not a pker. but i've had some awesome times in the wildy

i'm not a staker - but i've had some awesome times at the duel arena

i'm not a mercher - but i've had some good times in varrock world 1

and what i'm going to miss the most is trading. i'd say more trades are uneven than even - like getting bday presents and giving trivia prizes.

But yeah even though i don't pk/stake/merch any more i USED to and i used to have FUN doing those things. I mean i even had a noob pure for varrock wild

i mean no more varrock wild! that place was so much fun!

and no more rs binging with my rl friend and whenever i got something rune from a treasure trail i'd give it to him!

It kinda sucks now - new people that are playing this game won't be able to have the kind of fun i used to have.

Nothing \'

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

Well, I have not lost anything but mostly gained from the smaller presence of players in the various worlds.

There are far more mining spots for me to harvest iron ore and less competition from other players.

The new pking (Which focuses on groups from what I heard) will give me an opportunity to join a clan looking for a supplier of armour and weapons that can be replaced readily and easily.

If anything, I stand to gain thanks to the more co-ordinated pking groups due to my focus on industry rather than combat.

MOst people; close friends, most regulars on my world, most people who knew me. Atleast 50 on my friends list have gone.

I'nnm heading that way too.

Its not worth it any more.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Well... here is my casualty list (or who I assume is on it): Nooooo555 and his multiple pkin files, Hybr1d Mage (forgot how to spell it...), and myself. Most of the people I knew are already gone so it's a rather short list. The game I knew and loved is changed beyond recognition at this point. Oh well I guess I'll never get that 99 fm. Guess I'll be on every once in awhile to see whats going on but that's it I'm done. Good-bye RS...

Get me a whopper!

But as for me, I just can't put my finger on it. I wasn't much of a PKer but I did enjoy it, and it just seems so empty now.

Yeah, same here. My mate I kot1c I was a pker though, and I used to go out with him cause he needed my 70def to take hits, which I did gladly so he could be there to deal the greater damage safely. Sadly, those days are gone :boohoo:

You don't realise how much you want/miss/care about something until it isn't there.

I concur. I never PKed, Staked, or Merchanted, yet I mourn their passing. Without them... I just can't staywith this game... sorry...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

My clan has lost a few members, including one of our leaders. Most of my friends are going to continue playing though.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I haven't logged in since the duel arena update, so I don't know really.

I'll probably log in tomorrow morning to say goodbye to my friends.

Wow. I would have never imagined RuneScape being torn apart like this by its own makers. :?

Thanks Angela, and Huta, I don't think there was anyone who would predict things would have become the way they have.

To those people who have lost clans, I'll hapily join for a game of Clan Wars if I'm on.

Raven, you don't have to be sorry, it is your choice to make, theres no one stopping you from leaving, and at the same time, no one making you stay.

Still, it really is sad to see so many people leave because of this, I'm really missing Diescammers8 and I kot1c I. Just glad I have had them on msn for a while now, but rs isn't the same without them...

tazo6114.png

Lost the joy of wilderness: super-heating ores at Hobgoblin mines, cooking anchovy pizzas at bandit's camp, enjoying wonderful exp from lava maze and ice plateau. Level 105 ghosts are deadlier than any newb pure that's tried to take me down.

But to see freed up willow and yew forests (and a significant you've-got-to-be-blind-to-miss decrease in bots, I guess it's worth it. Lose a little, win a little. It's how things work in life. Enjoy what you can. RuneScape is a game, not real life, so there's nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I am a tree.

Nobody, I usually only befriend those who I can communicate with outside of the game as I haven't actively played for a year or two. I think it's funny how rash everyone is acting, it's as if they can't understand the fact that it was publicly released and after an obvious rocky start, the update will be tweaked to try fix the situation.

As much as I hate to say it, there will be newer players who take the place of those who quit because they didn't know of the old wilderness and haven't had anything taken away from them. To them, it will not be adapting to such a large change, but playing a new game.

deadforumslol.png

Monky, the problem with that is that no matter how much tweaking is done, my mates arent coming back to the game, and a lot of other people arent either. The influx of new players is just going to annoy the older players like us as well. Can u imagine all the new players asking where this is, where that is, whats that glow thing (high lvl alch)?

And these new players can't take the place of some of the mates others have lost. They just can't.

tazo6114.png