omfg i think i broke my wrist

Wallettheif

i slipped on some spilled water when i was goin to the refridgerator to get a soda and i fell on my wrist really hard and now it hurts like hell and is a little swollen im not sure if i need to go to the emergency room or something srry about the bad grammar im typing with my left hand please answer as quickly as possible my parents are gonna be po'ed

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

I'd say the chances of finding someone with the necessary medical knowledge in the emergency room is quite a bit better than the chances of finding someone like that on the Off-Topic forums. Just go to the emergency room, and if a possible broken wrist is something that makes your parents angry then... well, wow.

I don't know why your parents would be po-ed that you got hurt. it's not like you were acting like an idiot when this happened...right? :wink:

Just take some pain killers and head on down to the ER. Better now than later because waits there can be crazy long....or is that just here in Cincinnati? :-k

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I don't know why your parents would be po-ed that you got hurt. it's not like you were acting like an idiot when this happened...right? :wink:

Just take some pain killers and head on down to the ER. Better now than later because waits there can be crazy long....or is that just here in Cincinnati? :-k

Nope, waits are long up here in MA too. I have been to the emergency room too many times to remember. Mostly for doing stupid stuff, skateboarding and football ftw :D .

My suggestion is to go to the emergency room just to be on the safe side. Trust me, you don't want to wait a week and then go and find out it's already healing and they need to re-break it.

goldenblade995.png

Are you not allowed in the refrigerator or something? Can't see why your parents would be mad... Guess I was raised differently though. It's probably just sprained, but make sure you don't move it. If at all possible, get someone to tie something stiff to it (like a stick or a couple of wooden spoons) to keep it immobilized. Then ice it, and take some ibuprofen. That will make sure it doesn't get any worse. I don't think I'd go to the ER, maybe urgent care or your family doctor as soon as possible. ER is usually reserved for just that, emergencies, so they take urgent cases first.

I'm not a doctor, but is that what you wanted to hear?

peterstretchfn5.gif

Don't forget...

WE ARE ALL doctors here at tip.it

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Lol I don't know why, but I really laughed at this post.

Anyways go to the hospital. Chances are it probably is just sprained though.

+1

Well, is there sharp pain (like getting poked with needles inside your wrist) then It's probley a hair line fracture, E-room, no, your local bone doctor, yes.

I've broken my wrist before, and trust me, you'll know. If you can stand it and are even thinking about putting it off, it's not broken.

I've broken my wrist 4 times (dont ask) and tbh they don't really hurt :S just a numb feeling.

Anyway try moving your wrist in several movements, up, down, circle etc if you can't do them do you a&e

In the mean while rest it! and put some ice on it.

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Yeah, you probably just sprained it. I haven't had any broken bones yet (to my knowledge), but I lived with a nurse for about 13 years of my life, on top of things I found out myself, so I know a little bit of medical knowledge. If you can imagine putting it off, then you probably didn't break it. Also, if you hit it badly and don't feel it, you may have hit some nerves just right to remove the normal pain signal, if only for a moment. That's probably a good sign that you should go to a hospital. Otherwise, you can probably handle it, and the medical bill you'll get won't help much. God, I hate the United States medical system. <.< :wall: :wall: -.- When I had the stomach flu, I had to sit around for at least 3 hours, before they set me up in a bed and hooked me up to a water IV. The whole procedure costed about 3 grand. :wall: :wall: If it can be helped, don't go to the er.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I've broken my wrist before, and trust me, you'll know. If you can stand it and are even thinking about putting it off, it's not broken.

I've broken my wrist 4 times (dont ask)

Jesus Christ! Get a girlfriend mate for crying out loud!

iteme3721.jpg

I bet an old lady grabbed him by the wrist and flipped him after he tried to steal her wallet, and sprained it that way. This is just a cover story to make it look like a more noble and manly fall.

Would explain why he thinks his parents would be 'po-ed' :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I've broken my wrist 4 times (dont ask)

Jesus Christ! Get a girlfriend mate for crying out loud!

Lmfao!:lol:

1-0 ;)

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Don't forget...

WE ARE ALL doctors here at tip.it

I think he's waiting for Trapical :D

I broke my arm once, and it hurt, but not intensly, so that really isn't a good indicator. Go ahead and go to the ER- I did when I broke mine, but then again I also had a huge gash in my knee that required immediate stitches.

And waits are long everywhere- even in areas that aren't urban sprawls, like here.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Ok, if you broke your wrist you will probably know however there are people who are deeply afraid of hospitals and people of the medical profession and resist going to hospitals/emergency rooms even if they think something is broken ... here it goes, take your arm and hold it out in front of you CAREFULLY fold it up and down slowly, rate the pain you get on a scale of 1 to 10, if the pain is above 7 go to the hospital, if it is 5 or less carefully proceed. Next rotate your wrist in a circular motion first clockwise then counter clockwise, once again rate the pain, if it is about 6 go to the hospital, if it is under 5 try the next one. Now take a pen, one of the smooth rolly ones if possible, now attempt to write your name, if you cannot write your name in a recognizable way or it hurts to much to continue go to the hospital, if you can write clearly and you are not in to much pain put some ice on it :wink:

Everything's worse in Cinci; sports teams, traffic, government (especially when pitching).

I'd say go to the hospital, no need for the ER, just make an appointment and go then. It won't be screwed up in the amount of time between. Just take some aspirin, put ice on it, and keep it still. Hope it's not broken, or worse, sprained.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

i slipped on some spilled water when i was goin to the refridgerator to get a soda and i fell on my wrist really hard and now it hurts like hell and is a little swollen im not sure if i need to go to the emergency room or something srry about the bad grammar im typing with my left hand please answer as quickly as possible my parents are gonna be po'ed

Your parents aren't going to be annoyed unless they are total douchebags. They should (I'd hope) first try to help you and be concerned for your health.

Why do people post on the internet when they hurt themselves? I'm really just totally stunned that you think you can get any more use posting here than going to a doctor or something.

Lol I don't know why, but I really laughed at this post.

I did to. I think its because of all the health topics here lately :P

As said already...GO TO THE DOCTOR. SHOW YOUR MOM/DAD.

Yay for the hospital? I mean srsly..

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!