Slayer points

transcript80

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaeldar, the master I used, got owned task-wise with this update. But Sumona apparently has most of the good tasks, so I'm using her for a while.

Great update, gonna like slayer again :P

+ The new slayer 'girl' is great!

(now I have to look for an alternative summoning route though,

because I placed my house in the desert :P )

A bit off-topic, but I find that using the balloons to taverly and banking at CW is faster than using house method. Although it only works if you're under a certain weight (40kg maybe?)

Yes ,you need to be under 40kg. But it's not the fastest. I still like Duradel the best though.

Edit: To the post above ^^

The slayer ring teleports you to certain places pertaining to slayer. Such as the Slayer Tower, Slayer Dungeon, Sumona, ect...

debian.png

Anyone know what is necessary to make the slayer ring once you've obtained enough points to buy the ability to craft it

gold bar ,enchanted gem(normall slayer gem) and ring mould.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Currently on task 9.

I used the Canafis Master for 1-4 then duraedal till now. I had 4(!!) Black dragon tasks in a row. Just killed the babies. Relatively fast. Currently owning hellhounds.

First on my list is blacklisting tasks though. I lasted to 85 slayer without this mask, i can do without it for the time being.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

incase anyone is wondering the slayer helmet has almost exact same stas as a rune full helmet.

I say almost because, the summoning deffense and attack negatives i am not certain if they are the same. the melee def are equal tho.

This point system is sure good news to me since I'll be starting to train slayer again soon. I can't see myself burthroping any more tasks due to this, since the benefits of these points is so great. Now that we can blacklist some tasks I imagine that things are going to get a lot easier for me.

Personaly I plan on blocking...

Scabarites,

Warped Terrorbirds,

Turoth,

And Kurasks (once I get my sword.)

Does anyone have any better sugestions for what tasks to block?

Interesting how much xp?

I hear that the exp is the same as smithing a normal gold ring (so 15 exp.)

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

The thing is, Duradel only gives one task I'd ever Burthorpe now. So I'm just praying I don't get Warped Terrorbirds.

i dont like black demons, iron steel mith dragons are all... well I dont like them. Just a matter of preference, but this update amazes me.

i love sumona as a master. the shilo one was a bit to hard for me even at 108 combat and sumona is a good alternative. and in the new dungen you can find most of the tasks she gives, or in the smoke dungen like one min. away

Y_Z.png

I just got the Slayer helm, but I realy don't know if this is gonna stop me skipping tasks, because i reached my goal.

And I dont feel like doing some annoying tasks, but I still got a 100 points left that I can use to ignore a task.

The Slayer Helmet is slightly overrated, in my opinion. It gives you the bonuses of:

- [bleep]y Helmet

First of all, you don't even need a helmet to go to ToG, thanks to the 2 step skip. Second, who kills these anyways? They give good XP but have horrid drops, and come in low amounts.

- Nose Peg

No benefit, because Salve (E) has a higher bonus than Black Mask, and works on Aberrant Spectres. They do not stack, so the Salve E will take effect, and you might as well be wearing a normal nosepeg.

- Earmuffs

No benefit, for the same reason as Nose Peg. Also, the fact that unless you're going to the new slayer dungeon, Banshees have a whopping 22 HP, and the attack and strength bonus does very little.

- Facemask

The only real benefit IMO. However, most people kill dust devils either for charms or camping for Dragon Chains. The mask has no benefit when you're not slaying. Also, it doesn't benefit range... which is still a problem I'm amazed Jagex hasn't fixed. Why doesn't Black Mask give range a +15% boost?

I might still get it one day just so I can save space in bank while keeping all of these different items, but it's honestly not as good as it's hyped up to be...

Personaly I plan on blocking...

Scabarites,

Warped Terrorbirds,

Turoth,

And Kurasks (once I get my sword.)

Does anyone have any better sugestions for what tasks to block?

Warped Terrorbirds are top of my list to erase. Scabarites aren't bad if you use the small peninsula outside (the desert at the far northeast of the swamp); there are no mages there to really mess you up.

Kurasks are worth another look, as they drop broad arrow heads and unfinished broad bolts, plus lesser amounts of the finished arrows and bolts, as well as the occasional super strength potion. Also, they now drop noted pineapple as well as unnoted, and their new rare drop is a leaf-bladed sword, which I imagine is a much faster melee weapon which can be used with a shield. I had a kurask task last night and got 4 rune longswords and 2 addy kiteshields, plus lots of the broad arrow/bolt stuff.

Turoths, don't know if/how their drops have changed but I imagine it is similar. I am waiting for a turoth assignment to go kill the boss and check out the multi area in the desert slayer dungeon.

My blacklist will be based on difficulty of monster versus drop list, where difficulty includes things like how long it takes to get to them, and how easy it is to kill many in a row. Jungle horrors are therefore high on my list, as it takes too much running around to kill lots of them, and their drops are pathetic. Mutated zygomites were on my list for similar, but I realized they are assigned by Chaeldar, and I don't mind a short task by Zanaris in Zanaris. Kalphites are obnoxious, even though they are cannonable, so I might rid myself of them once and for all. And possibly Suqahs, since I don't like going to Lunar Isle for slaying something with no drops worth mentioning.

Currently using Chaeldar for my 11-19 tasks (hoping for Lesser Demons to go solo Kril); back to Duradel on the 10s. Blue Dragons -- great task, but difficult to avoid the crowds.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

If i ever come back around to do this...here would be my top 3.

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

Maybe Turoths...they seem to drop a good amount of clues, but take too long to kill.

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

If i ever come back around to do this...here would be my top 3.

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

Maybe Turoths...they seem to drop a good amount of clues, but take too long to kill.

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

Warped terrorbirds are good xp, and rune drops pay for p pots used.

Bandos spiritual rangers aren't bad as they are quite weak... only advised if you have bandos armor already though.

Duradel doesn't give turoth anymore.

I'm doing steels/irons for sure, maybe black dragons too as I cba soloing 70 kbds. Not sure.

The Slayer Helmet is worth it. Trust me. Anyone who does even an ounce of Slayer needs to get one. Not only is it a black mask combined with all the other slayer head gear, but it has the same stats as a Rune Full Helm, only the Slayer Helmet does not give negative bonuses to Ranged and Magic attack like the Rune Full Helm does, making this a truly amazing piece of armor.

Also, to further explain what someone tried to explain earlier in the thread, but (in my opinion,) didn't really make clear enough:

If you want to earn faster Slayer Points, you can go to the Canifis Slayer Master for ALL tasks EXCEPT for your 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, etc etc. You will earn the Bonuses for those tasks at Duradel's rate. Meaning, you do NOT have to do Tasks 1-9 at Duradel to earn 75 Points on the 10th task, or Tasks 1-49 at Duradel to earn 225 Points on the 50th task. You just need to use Duradel himself on those tasks, and anyone else you wish on the others.

Hope that cleared it up. I currently have 38 Tasks in a row from Duradel. I have the slayer helmet, and I am 1 simple task away from being able to make Slayer Rings. After that I'm putting future points into making Broad Arrows and Bolts.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Right now i am slaying nonstop for that slayer helm because of one reason only.... It looks HAWT! Anyway i think this system will revolutize slayer. One of the use of points is exchange 400 pts for 10k slayer exp. Now thats something to focus on. Because maybe it would be faster to level up slayer now by using points instead of actually doing hard slayer tasks.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

If you're training hard, you can easily get 10k xp in an hour...I don't see the point system being a way to level slayer. Maybe once you've done all the other achievables from the slayer master then maybe...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Now i have a reason to slay and get 99 def :P

Going for the mask + ring, then i gotta get 75 craft >.>

So yeah, Blacklisting hellhounds (too crowded) Black demons (slow, crowded) Steel dragons (4 per world, crowded) and gargs (slow)

Everything else is either cannonable or fast, or irons >.>

+ if you slay, you can just skip the task with a small dock in points, seeing as your killing some of the most common tasks, you dont usually get too many combos after blacklisting these. 30 points is only 2 tasks from dura, and you get easy ones like 50 black dragons or 5 miths, which you can do in like 30 minutes.

This actually got me back into slayer >.> go jagex

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^