Monday Poll: Your Views on the Forums

Rcty

This week's poll is Tip.It-related and asks you what you think of the brand new forums. We understand that there are a few bugs, and I can guarantee that we are working very hard to fix them.

>>> Vote Now! <> View Results <<<

~Rcty

Rcty

The forums look more modern and up-to-date. The new look, "oval" smilies look weird at the moment, it'll all take a bit of getting used to.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

*sigh* I preferred the old forums, but I'm not big on BBC so I don't full understand all of the advantages. Still, once its tweaked a little more, I'm sure I'll learn to like it. Except for the smilies, they all look like they've been squeezed by a trash compactor #-o. And I'm somewhat annoyed about loosing 600 or so post count, people say it doesn't matter, but your advice is taken much more seriously with a 2k+ post count.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My only gripe is still the same from the old forum: too many stickies, especially the outdated ones. (ex. Sorcerer's Garden guides).

Other than that, it looks great!

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Frankly they look terrible and are a bit more laggy. The smilies are too compact and the hide tags are just well trash because they look very tacky. The old forums were way better but thats only my opinion.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I really, REALLY, dislike the new forums. They might look more "modern" and such, but they just don't fit into Runescape like the old forum did. Tip.it is a great site, and the forum is a great community, but I would rather have the old forums back, which worked fine by the way... Definitely dissappointed in Tip.it this time. Although I do congratulate you guys on such a fast response to downtime of the forums! Thanks for at least getting them back up. =D>

Big_Stingman.png

I think the space where the avatar and all that is is too wide, and the smileys are weird. Other than that it's good =D>

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Frankly they look terrible and are a bit more laggy. The smilies are too compact and the hide tags are just well trash because they look very tacky. The old forums were way better but thats only my opinion.

I honestly have experienced far LESS lag than ever before, but they still look shabby right now.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I like the new forums. It feels more modern, and easier to use for me. I think I will like it a lot more when I can use other skins like the old forum. As for the smiles, they do look weird, but they do fit into people's post a lot better. They will just take a lot of getting used to it. Overall, I am already liking the new forum and I think once all the tweaks are done I will like it even more.

I like the new forums too...

There are so many updates in runescape lately, tip.it did a great job and was faster than rs commin up with a graphical update! =D>

We all gonna get used to that modern lookin style, although smilies really look kinda weird... Moreover its quite good to read now!

I wonder if the main page gonna get a graphical update too...

isibis.png

I still need to get used to the changes, but this far it seems like it's very good. I like the new posting style very much and it seems like these forums go faster too. But the old forums were really good too :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

TBH it doesn't look great atm. Hopefully we can get it looking more tip.it-ey. I don't like a lot of things, but I'm sure they can fix them for the most part. (Hide tags for one) Still somebody respects you a lot more when you have 600 posts than 80. <-- Still nothing could be done about that.

Thank you for the small rework before re-releasing.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

45% of people who use the site are not tip.it forum members?

I'm part of the 15% which agrees that is much better! :D

It's crazy how many people visit the site for the site itself. I think it is much better. I am starting to notice a lot of smaller things hat are handy. Just wait for more skins and we'll be doing much better. :mrgreen:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Like many others, I'm waiting for the skins similar to the former forum. Also, I'm beginning to like the smilies, though I didn't like them at first.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

The hide tags need to be fixed, like how you could click the title instead of that tacky button and when you could have nested hide tags (Hide tags inside hide tags).

And you either need to keep the oval smilies or the circle ones, if you keep both it looks tacky, the whole old vs new thing.