Your favorite book/book series

IeatWindex

The Seeing Stone, At The Crossing-Places, and King of The Middle March, a series, gotta be 3 of the best books ever. They're set in medieval Britain, about a young boy who goes to fight in Jerusalem. They're so real, it makes you feel like he's actually there

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli :)

Also I wonder if anyone's read Before I Die, by Jenny Downham? It's becoming pretty famous here, tons of my friends and I have read it despite it being... pretty dodgy... It's about this girl Tessa who has leukaemia. She's waiting to die, but she has a list of things she wants to do before she does. You're anticipating her death through the whole book and yet it still breaks your heart.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think I've read those...I've probably read anything involving the Crusades,though.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

trilogy of 5....

Um...What? :wall:

I read the first two or three of those, because my sister loved them...I got bored...Never finished them...

A section of Stargirl was on a test I had to take, it sounded okay. I probably won't read the whole thing any time soon, but eh...

I started reading the Series of Unfortunate Events after the ninth one came out, I think. (I actually can't remember some of the titles, so I'm just guessing) The first three were probably the best, then they just got repetitive and boring. I finished them for the sake of finishing the series, wasn't worth it...I think there's a separate book that answers a few of the big questions, but I'm not sure...Can't really remember. (Basically, if you want to know what happened, more bad things happened to them, then worse and worse...And then it randomly ended...)

Finished Epic, by the way, it was the first time I got into a book that much since I read Ender's Game this past year. I stayed up reading it, read a bit right after I woke up, etc...A good book for anyone who likes (MMO)RPGs, I'd say. (It's a cross of Lord of the Rings and Ender's Game, two very good books/series) And of course, the title. Can't really get a better title than Epic.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

The Shannara Series by Terry Brooks. The first 8-10 books in that series are EPIC. Such good reading.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I loved Cyrano de Bergerac when I read it at school. Best romantic comedy ever. \'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Probably already posted it a long time ago, but I quite enjoy the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler. The only problem is that he uses the same basic events in a few books (Pitt's research ship being hijacked while he's under in a submersible, comes up to a "new crew", etc.) but they're just different enough to not really be a bother.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I just remembered The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. That book holds the answer to life. I am going to perish in everlasting fire for forgetting about it.

p2gq.jpg

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas, its about a young sailor who has everything going for him until he is framed for treason and thrown in prison for several years, while in prison he learns of a immense treasure on the Isle of Monte Cristo. He breaks out, finds the treasure, and begins plotting revenge on the men who framed him.

It is doubtful that I will ever find a book I love as much as this one.

I don't really have a favorite series though I'm getting into the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Favorite standalone? Starship Troopers.

Favorite series? Foundation.

If you don't know what they are, I'm not going to tell you, if you do, then you know my favorite genre. Have a cookie! ::'

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I've pretty much read most of the books that have been listed here, and I'm surprised and a little bit indignant that one of my favourite books of all-time has not been mentioned. I encourage all of you out there who purport to have a love of good books to read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It is by far one of the best books I have ever read, period.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Favorite Series

Harry Potter

Anne of Green Gables

Nancy Drew Mysteries (the newer version, not the old one from the 1960s)

Redwall Series

Favorite Books

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh

Teddy's World

Watership Down

Fifth Chinese Daughter

Almost ALL Books by Lawrence Yep

I read mostly fantasy, , although I've leaned more towards books about Chinese heritage.

There are more books I've probably missed... but those are the main ones so far.

Other series ive enjoyed have been the Edge Chronicals although ive only read 3 out of a unfinished 12.

This thread is giving me so much more reading material, and letting me re-discover some of the books I should read again.

The Edge Chronicles were a wonderfully ridiculous, and I could make a pretty big summer reading list.

I really do want to read all of these books, mainly because there's bound to be some very good books in there, along with thousands of hours of reading.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Favorite Series

Harry Potter

Anne of Green Gables

Nancy Drew Mysteries (the newer version, not the old one from the 1960s)

Redwall Series

Favorite Books

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh

Teddy's World

Watership Down

Fifth Chinese Daughter

Almost ALL Books by Lawrence Yep

I read mostly fantasy, , although I've leaned more towards books about Chinese heritage.

There are more books I've probably missed... but those are the main ones so far.

Read Chinese Cinderella?I'd read it but I'm not too interested in my heritage =P.

Most recently is of course Dragons of a Fallen Sun,I'm having exams so not much time for that.Probably my favorite book for the DragonLance series would be Time of the Twins.Or Test,the one where Raistlin battles Tahkisis...

As for series,I've said it enough times for anyone with a brain to know.Its the DragonLance Chronicles,for the campaign setting of Krynn.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Everything by Margaret Weiss & Tracy Hickman

I'm in love with you.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm slightly dissapointed no one has mentioned the Dragonriders of Pern series, such a great series. Fantasy genre lovers would love it.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

I'm going to come out and agree with everyone on this thread that has said Stephen King.

Currently finishing up book 4 of The Green Mile, and he's the only author I've ever seen that actually makes you care what happens to the characters.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.