"Perfect" Updates

warrior5024

With half of runescape upset with every update taht comes out, I started to ponder, "Were there any updates that were 'perfect'?"

It seems that after every Tuesday, forums are flooded with people bashing on the newest addventure runescape has to offer. "It is to hard," "it's for low levels," "No good rewards." "It has rocked the economy off its hinges." "This has made the skill become to easy." I don't really care about complaints, I want to discuss if anything in runescape hasn't been criticized to the extent that everything is today.

My opinions are that:

A) Castle Wars. A great minigame that has rule's and gamplay set-up in a way that really makes it enjoyable. It also has rewards, small ones, that don't change anything in your RS life, so no-one feels obligated to get them.

B) Barrows. One of the first "high level" minigame with risk vs. reward. It allowed some of the greatest armors and special effects into the game. The only thing bad with this was karil's coif and ahrim's staff.

Post your opinions on perfect updates.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think new parts of the map (such as Castle Wars and Barrows as you mentioned) are less likely to be harshly criticised as they are new additions to the game. It would be the following updates that would unsettle the fandom.

I actually think that no update is perfect. Every update is bound get a particular group (skiller, low level, high level, you name it) upset.

I think one of the best updates, however, are treasure trails, cause since they come in three different levels, nearly everyone can participate in them to have a shot at a decent reward.

Out of the newer updates though, I appreciate the "Smoking Kills" update. I'm a big fan of quests, and I thought it was a pretty good quest with a nice reward. It also made Slayer a bit more refreshing (I was kind of getting bored of it) and it basically revived the skill for me.

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

There is never going to be a perfect update. If you notice, every update includes a select group of players in its account.

Examples:

Emote TTrails: Those that can't wear Adamant were left out of the loop.

Quest Updates: Those that don't have the stats were left out.

In-game content: Those that don't meet either QP or EXP requirements are left out.

Trading limits: Those that are free or with less than 200QP don't receive full benefits.

But that's not a bad thing. It just encourages players to improve their account more, or not (most every update here is optional; you don't have to do trails, quests, or other content, and you can use the GE for trades).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Chinchompas

Gilded Altars

GWD - Godswords

Barrows

Ranged Max hit update

Smoking kills, Rfd

Fight Caves

Most are combat related, but in my eyes were perfect updates. They give a chance for people to make money if needed and have fun doing it, or achieve good new items.

sigsn9.jpg

Perfect updates are ones that don't add new content or disrupt gameplay, but simply make things better for players. A recent example is tweaking the movement system to minimize dancing with monsters. Can you imagine how happy players would be if we got things like that three times a month instead of throwaway low level quests?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

if they take out BH then thats the best there will never be another "omfg i have to fight someone 30 lvls higher then me" "i want my stuff back jagex" "omfg i died and lost my gs im quiting"

best update if we ever get it

filewf5.gif

rarely ever check forums.

There will always be something to complain about, whether it's because of new items from an update that will ruin the price of other things etc. but for me, the perfect update was probably GWD. I don't kill the bosses as such, but I made 25M from the dragon boot drops so it was "perfect" in my opinion \'

2vuhgcn.png

Chinchompas

Gilded Altars

GWD - Godswords

Barrows

Ranged Max hit update

Smoking kills, Rfd

Fight Caves

Most are combat related, but in my eyes were perfect updates. They give a chance for people to make money if needed and have fun doing it, or achieve good new items.

Chinchompa - Complained about how "old school ranging" is gone and it's just a no-respect money skill.

Gilded Altar - Prayer is alot easier than before.

GWD - Godswords - Godswords are overpowered, ect.

Ranged max hit - Noobs complained about how "cheap" range is now, although I highly dissagree.

Smoking kills - Not really about smoking kills, but now there are repeated tasks that came with the update.

RFD and Fight pits - NO complaints here.

This is just an example of how GOOD updates are always flamed by RSOF.

There are very little updates that doesn't cause controversy (sp), and the ones that doesn't are usually a very small change in the game.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm convinced that somewhere on this round earth there is a firm that hires people for the sake of trolling forums and video games. I swear it's always the same people on every forum and in every game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm convinced that somewhere on this round earth there is a firm that hires people for the sake of trolling forums and video games. I swear it's always the same people on every forum and in every game.

lol noob teh earth is flat :lol:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The recent update, PaybyPhone in the Netherlands.

Who would disagree on such an update?

:o :o :o

(Wow, these emotes are really starting to look annoying)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

The recent update, PaybyPhone in the Netherlands.

Who would disagree on such an update?)

People who hate the Dutch? But that's kind of hard to disagree with as it is not in the game and doesn't really effect anyone (besides the Dutch of course.)

Castle wars got hated after barrows came out for no helm actually. :wall: But I think it's a perfect update.

I also thought GWD was a perfect update. It didn't realy bother anything and the people intrested in monster slaying tend to be higher leveled so it was good for them. Also Clan Chat was a fantastic addition not much flame I don't think.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

In my opinion the perfect updates are the ones that arn't enforced or have an effect on someone if they dont want to do it, for exaple Clan chat and qucik chat.

But the perfect updates are the little ones that help you alot like...

1. Xp left to you level.

2. lootshare/coinshare.

3. No longer 'dance' with monsters.

4. When you hover over attack styles it tell you what type of xp and how your weapon is being used.

5. Easier fairy rings.

6. Home teleport.

7. Items kept on death.

8. Show equipment stats.

9. Amount of songs unlocked counter.

10. The countless amount of quick-pay/quick-enter options now.

11. World switcher in the login screen.

12. Mute music on login screen.

13. Hotkeys, mainly Ctrl for running.

14. Development diary's

15. Friends list shows your own world.

Can list many more but you get my idea. You would have to be a pesimistic/depressed person to find negative's in those updates.

Arzian.png