Work secrets

fgfuyfyuiuy0

I know, this is off of /b/, but I wanted to see it what Tip.It has to say about their 'Work secrets'.

For anyone who has no idea what I am talking about; I am asking "What sort of secret things do you do at work?"

EX: I work at McDonalds. I spit in your hamburger if I don't like you.

So, go ahead and tell your work secrets :)

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at one of the food places at great adventure, if you're an [wagon] I'll take forever with your food and load your soda with a crap load of ice (like half ice). (Used to do wawa, late shifts were getting to be a bit much).

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Back when I did work..

Grocery store:

-When people couldn't find something on the shelve, they'd ask me to look in back. I took that as a good chance to wander around in back and enjoy my little break.. After a few minutes I'd return empty handed and tell them we're all out. Ffs, we're not hiding the good stuff back there and refusing to sell it, it's just a mess of boxes full of random products that I'm not willing to dig through.

-When I was working the register, I never asked for anyones' id when they bought cigarettes or cigars, and often times I wouldn't ask for id for alcohol. But when somebody was annoying me I would be sure to id them. Some 70+ year old guy was [bleep]ing at me and had some alcohol.. So I made him get out his id which made him more upset but I got a kick out of it.. And I caught my manager laughing behind the rack of cigarettes.. He didn't want to make the guy even more mad lol

Parking lot duty at a fair:

-A friend and I had control of where everybody parked when they came in. So, the 19 year olds who were [wagon] and wanted the close parking spaces got sent to the very end of the lot. We generally saved those spots for elderly people once it started to get really hot out, but when they were [wagon] to us.. End of the lot [bleep].

Not working right now but last year when I was we got up to some pretty cool stuff. I was working in a bike shop and heres some of the things we did lol

1) We got a new shipment of mountain bikes in and I stayed after work to put them on display, the display area has a rubber floor so we decided to have a drifting type race around the showroom, it was all going good till I skidded out and hit a bike, my bosses race bike, a Specialized S-Works Tarmac, to the un-educated in bikes that's around a 4000 bike :o Broke the frame but blamed it on vandals, it was covered under the shop insurance policy so it was all good 8-)

2) We got the whole staff team in on a plan, 2 staff members who had the day off would rob a staff members bike and later return it to him. We even had the local police sergeant in on it as the owner is good friends with him. the 2 "robbers" ran in in balaclavas and ran straight to the back, took his race bike costing 7000 roughly and ran off. My part was to rugby tackle one and pretend to have a fight which I'd lose, did that, they both ran off. The staff member who owned the bike was close to tears, so after about 6 hours of quietly laughing among ourselves the other 2 staff members came in with it :lol:

I love being a slacker <3:

I don't have the problem of dealing with angry customers, the customers I get for my business actually want the products lol They come to me :P

I've never done anything really bad at most I can think of two things. One guy I was absolutely nice to and something wasn't even my fault but he told me I must not have a brain in my head, swore at me and put me down... So I splashed dirty dish water on his nachos lol and we gathered around to see him eat every last one. The other I just told to leave... :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

As a lifeguard, there's really not a whole lot we can do to mess you up. Although.. the water may not be perfect, but we'll tell you it is. ::'

Also, don't [bleep] at us for our pool company's policies, we have little/no power at all.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Back when I did work..

Grocery store:

-When people couldn't find something on the shelve, they'd ask me to look in back. I took that as a good chance to wander around in back and enjoy my little break.. After a few minutes I'd return empty handed and tell them we're all out. Ffs, we're not hiding the good stuff back there and refusing to sell it, it's just a mess of boxes full of random products that I'm not willing to dig through.

-When I was working the register, I never asked for anyones' id when they bought cigarettes or cigars, and often times I wouldn't ask for id for alcohol. But when somebody was annoying me I would be sure to id them. Some 70+ year old guy was [bleep] at me and had some alcohol.. So I made him get out his id which made him more upset but I got a kick out of it.. And I caught my manager laughing behind the rack of cigarettes.. He didn't want to make the guy even more mad lol

Parking lot duty at a fair:

-A friend and I had control of where everybody parked when they came in. So, the 19 year olds who were [wagon] and wanted the close parking spaces got sent to the very end of the lot. We generally saved those spots for elderly people once it started to get really hot out, but when they were [wagon] to us.. End of the lot [bleep].

You and I are alike. I work at a grocery store. I go in the back and mess around for a bit. I don't even bother looking for the product :D

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

If someone pisses me off in the audience I angle the pyrotechs to their seat.In fact,I have noted the exact angles to use for row X seat Y.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Where I work, just for kicks(auto mechanic), I sometimes decide to toy around with the cars I get, i.e. hiding in the car for a few minutes, and if I don't like you, small dent in the side of the vehicle.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

^ Not good for customers with attention to detail, especially if they can link it back to you. I check everything when I get something back. I picked faults like a hawk picking my new car and made them bring the price down nearly 2 grand and get them fixed. When we got our other car fixed, items in the back seat had moved and I dobbed the bugger in.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I work at several food places nowadays, which are really just for killing time on the holidays, and if people are [puncture]s, they'll get a pizza which is damn hot, I don't do stuff that they didn't ask for, because I guy got fired from where I work for putting something onto a guys pizza which they were allergic to. They probably should check, but meh. If I'm at MaccyD's, they'll get the cold hard chips on top of the pile, and that's about where most of the [puncture]s spring up from.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Had a job at a car garage, helping to repair cars for a while, most fun job i've ever had.

If a particularly nice car came in to get repaired, you could bet your months wages that it would be "roadtested" thoroughly. By "roadtest", i mean all of us pile into it and take it for a spin. We stopped this after we almost had an accident with a flashy BMW in the garage forecourt when we were coming back from our "roadtest". The manager caught us coming back one time and saw exactly what we were doing, "If this happens again, there will be disiplinary action". The garage got shut down a couple of months later due to the owner moving abroad.

After that job, went to work in a supermarket. Never understood why some customers treat floor staff like dirt, then ask them to check the stockroom for a product they want. You think i'm gonna search through all the pallets and crap to find your item after the way you've talked down to me?

"Sorry, none in stock..."

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I've never done anything to a customer that was bad...

Ok, I take that back. When I worked at the arcade/LAN center, if someone was a jerk about the ticket games, and kept saying "OMG their all broke, I'm never coming back here again" (and usually they come in a week later because they are regulars) I short them on tickets after 'fixing' the game.

Other things we used to do: LAN parties, employee DDR competitions, employee Marvel v Capcom competitions. All after hours.

Another secret: If you work at a mall, and make friends with food court employees, you never have to pay for food. I was friends with the owner of Sarku and manager from Cinnabon. Yay free food ^_^

I don't have any 'work secrets'. People pay me to do my work, and that's what I do.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Where I work, just for kicks(auto mechanic), I sometimes decide to toy around with the cars I get, i.e. hiding in the car for a few minutes, and if I don't like you, small dent in the side of the vehicle.

That will cost your job once you're found. Deliberate vanadlism of property you're trusted to maintain; and it will also come back to damage the repuation of the place you work at. I hope you have some other line of work because no auto-mechanic will take you on if you do that once you're found it. And it will happen.

Oh man, how I just want to throw what I paid for back over the counter and start beating on the people who do that type of bs irl.

Don't be an [wagon], your job must not be hard if you're getting paid near minimum wage. :roll:

I work in a restaurant, and whenever the waitresses put orders through they always do them all at once, so when I'm making salads, I always take forever on the easy ones, going back to the fridge repeatedly to get nothing in particular. :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I only just started working, so I havn't done anything "wrong" to peoples food though. But our ice cream machine likes to have melty ice cream if you dont use it in a while, so who would want the runny cone I just made to go to waste :roll:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I do web design for my summer job, so I don't really have any "secrets". I mean, sure, I probably could [bleep] up something huge if I wanted to but why.

Oh man, how I just want to throw what I paid for back over the counter and start beating on the people who do that type of bs irl.

Don't be an [wagon], your job must not be hard if you're getting paid near minimum wage.

I'm inclined to agree. Chances are (I know there are [wagon] out there, but still) if the person is angry or impatient it's probably your fault.

And anyways if they are acting like a [bleep] just suck it up, it's part of the job sadly.

I work in a grocery store as well. If someone asks me if there's more of something in the back, and the item is on sale that week, I know for sure there's none in the back. For example, last night someone came through the till I was bagging at and asked me to run and get two bags of crushed ice.

The whole ice freezer was empty because ice was on sale, and so we had none. All stock is put on the shelf through-out the day as it needs it, and things on sale get top priority. I get asked to look for strawberries and cherries alot in the back as well.

It kinda sucks when I have to tell a customer no after looking and making sure after a few minutes. Kind of a waste of time for them.

My tip for talking to people bagging at grocery stores: If you have specific orders for items, make them known at the beginning of the order. I hate doing a whole order then finding out the person has their own bags, or finding out I have to tie them after the fact. Wastes their time, my time, and the customer I could be helping's time.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not like some super worker, I just do my job because otherwise I'd be a [bleep] who just wasted time and got paid for doing nothing. Not to mention time goes faster when you actually work.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Don't be an [wagon], your job must not be hard if you're getting paid near minimum wage. :roll:

I have to disagree with this.

You can be the nicest person in the world, always smile, and do everything rght, and still get a customer complaining at you. Dealing with jerks like that is not easy, especially if you know that you did everything in your power to do everthing right.

I'm sorry if you think retail workers are "below you". Take your arrogance somewhere else.

When I worked for the Candian Hockey League team nearby when the visiting team was making me angry I'd make their Gatorade watery, or put tiny holes in some of the stacked wax cups. It's not much but it was funny to me :P

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.