New Runescape Banner Hint

Cha0sx

You wouldn't be able to get the Staff Of Armadyl as there is only 1 of them, if each player had one it'd screw up the entire RuneScape story line which is about uncovering the 3rd age and enlightening your knowledge about what really happened at the God Wars.
I have Iban's staff... do you?

I lol'd. :P

Plenty of items there are supposedly only one of exist in many players' hands. It's this way in RS and in many other games. It doesn't mess with the story at all. :S

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one realising that the picture with the dragon looks as though the dragon is attacking the island, not the player? If it was Dragon Slayer Pt.2, don't you think the Dragon would be after the player rather than some coconut trees?

"Raaargh! I hate coconuts!" - sound of dragon breathing fire -

But seriously, it looks to me as though the character in the picture has summoned that dragon to attack the island..Which is, just plain odd. I'm starting to think it's mostly just a promo picture to show off.

Maybe an expansion to summoning pets, so we can actually use them for something? :pray:

I agree with the direction thing. Also, if that mage is going off to fight a dragon with just a staff, he's gonna get fried. Standing on a wooden boat, without an anti-dragon shield? Even if the staff can protect him from flames, it's a fair swim to shore from a burning boat, and who knows how far away the mainland is... I would guess he hasn't gone to kill it.

Also, if it is the music cape, how could he get it before the quest, given that you would need all the tracks, and at least one would unlock in the quest.

Skills:

islanding - make your own island.

pirating - plunder other players islands with dragons and such.

I be right (please :pray: ?)

*Prepares to unleash the power of a volcano upon the world to raise my own island from the depths (mini-Ulthuan ftw)*

My ideas...

I dont belive that there is a sailing skill coming out. the while idea just seems stupid. There are already so many ways to get around the map and by chartering ships. Also back in dragon slayer quest you have your own ship the Lady Lumbridge and it only costs 2k. You also dont need a sailing level requirement to use it then. The whole idea of a sailing skill just doesnt work in the canon of runescape. I could be wrong and I will admit im wrong if need be but it just seems a very odd skill to implement.

I think the cape shown in the cache will be to show off if you have unlocked every song. To me it looks strikingly similar like a harp and the music icon, it doesnt look like a sail to me at all. I'm sure I heard that Jagex were going to put in a cape when you have completed all Achievement diaries too but there werent enough yet. To me it seem logical that if you have a cape for the diaries why not one for the songs too.

The cape thats shown in the picture however just looks like a regular cape just with a trim. No matter how many times I see the image and ppl tell me whats there i can only see folds in the fabric. I do not see any logos or icons on that cape at all.

The staff... unlikely to be the staff of armadyl. Take a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=30&t=747700&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Armadyl+staff neither the images in the museum nor the concept art look like the staff in the picture.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe... just maybe the banner is just a piece of art and nothing more?

I agree. It could probably be done, but would be very hard to do properly, and I would expect a longer gap between two skills as big as summoning and sailing. Also, it might well merely be a large... activity, I guess?... that consists of using a load of other skills to do stuff in it.

Dunno about the cape, guess we'll see.

Definately agree on the Staff of Armadyl thing. Looks nothing like the updated version you see in the museum.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

You wouldn't be able to get the Staff Of Armadyl as there is only 1 of them, if each player had one it'd screw up the entire RuneScape story line which is about uncovering the 3rd age and enlightening your knowledge about what really happened at the God Wars.
I have Iban's staff... do you?

Fair point lol.

What I mean is the SoA is supposed to be the strongest weapon in RuneScape existence, I'm sure I read that somewhere on RuneScape.com...

Yes also that island in the picture is crandor, in fact to be EXACT it's called "the destruction of crandor", I heard on the RS forums somewhere there was a picture on the jagex concept art wallpapers and there was a picture that looked exactly like that picture, just without the guy and in its properties it was named *the destruction of crandor* and I agree with the dragon slayer 2 quest, it makes sense, rune plate for part 1, dragon plate for part 2. I don't think you'll be able to buy the d plate through a shop after the quest though, just the ability to wear it.

2vuhgcn.png

please.. no more pointless skills :(

work on the old ones.. :(

I agree. I want more Construction stuff :( (even though it's perhaps the most developed skill already)

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

please.. no more pointless skills :(

work on the old ones.. :(

I think Jagex needs two teams making skills, as more and more people maxing out is becoming an issue. I would like to see a very, very slow to train skill, but cheap.

Although I would like them to update far behind skills like fm.

swordwarior.png

Why do people laugh at sailing seriously think into it.

1) New islands, unlocking new islands at higher levels, new training spots, for different skills new slayer creatures.

2) Sea Battles, Sea Monsters, personally id love to see a Kraken type monster!

3) Plunder ships, for thieving.

4) Build own ship navigate to new map locations and ports such at portsarim etc for free.

Could it really be that bad?

yh also a drag slayer part2 would besweet even though sailing would probably be p2p i am one of those ppl who spend hours reading p2p guides

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Yes also that island in the picture is crandor, in fact to be EXACT it's called "the destruction of crandor", I heard on the RS forums somewhere there was a picture on the jagex concept art wallpapers and there was a picture that looked exactly like that picture, just without the guy and in its properties it was named *the destruction of crandor* and I agree with the dragon slayer 2 quest, it makes sense, rune plate for part 1, dragon plate for part 2. I don't think you'll be able to buy the d plate through a shop after the quest though, just the ability to wear it.

Thats the most logical post I've read so far. :thumbup:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

The part i find funny is how people are saying 'lol the mage isnt wearing a skillcape' when it is obviously a skillcape. It has the trim on the sides and everything. Although last time i posted this i got flamed, and when i said it on an irc channel, i got kb'd (not #runescape though ^_^)

LOL

Yea i bet if you turned the view of that picture, you could see that the trim isnt actually connected to the cape -.-

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Yea i bet if you turned the view of that picture, you could see that the trim isnt actually connected to the cape -.-

ahh yes! the floating 2 white lines, be afraid.. be very afraid!

Have you ever watched closely to a skill cape? the lower part of the trim is always like that, not connected to the cape at lower part of it, but still is connected at the upper part of the cape

tifsbti6oi.gif

The part i find funny is how people are saying 'lol the mage isnt wearing a skillcape' when it is obviously a skillcape. It has the trim on the sides and everything. Although last time i posted this i got flamed, and when i said it on an irc channel, i got kb'd (not #runescape though ^_^)
If it was "obviously" a skillcape then there woudlnt be a diwscussion about it. A trimmed cape does nmot equal skill cape. As much as people would have you belive there is NO logo on that cape. You can join the dots of the folds in whatever order you like to make a picture of a fish/sheild/harp/sailboat but that doesnt make it actually there. People are data searching in this picture. How do you know he's a mage also? According to Runescape im classed as a "warrior" due to my high melee stats but that doesnt mean I cant hold a staff and cast spells.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

essentially, a music cape would in fact just be another quest cape. In order to have all the music, you must have completed a majority, if not all of the quest. A good chunk of the music says unlock during "quest name" and a majority of the music can only be unlocked by going to certain places that require a quest to get there. (priest in peril, fremmrick isles, etc) therefore i doubt there will be a music cape because of that

Tip.it's official Ninja

Why do you guys think it's a skillcape? There's no trim! If you pay attention that's obviously not even connected to the cape, and is probably part of the robes he's wearing. :|

It quite clearly is the trim, If you look at any other skillcape the trim isnt attached to the cape either

2ag9frt.png

Well, I really want it to part of a new quest \'

Cause I love to do quests :shock:

But for all we know, could be a mini-game :?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Lol at the jet streams in the top right corner ::'

I don't think those are jet streams, they look like the light from the staff, or if you are looking at the clouds they just look like detail. :?

Clearly jet planing is coming out as a skill. You can see an engine on the skill cape.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Lol at the jet streams in the top right corner ::'

I don't think those are jet streams, they look like the light from the staff, or if you are looking at the clouds they just look like detail. :?

Clearly jet planing is coming out as a skill. You can see an engine on the skill cape.

nahh =D That's just being silly! ^^

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png