Once you go WOW, you never go back?

Yohbilleh

If i could afford a new PC, i would definitely be playing World of warcraft instead of runescape, WoW is more of my type of game plus you will never walk past a conversation like:

pikachu_girl: weeeeee, i like bratz

Somedude: will you be my gf?

pikachu_girl: no sorry, i have a bf

Somedude: plz?

pikachu_girl: no, sorry.

Somedude: Fine, Pikachu is **** anyway, squirtle could beat him anyday

pikachu_girl: Reported...

Somedude: L

......Jesus, all i need is $1000 :pray:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Runescape, but all my friend in school dont like it.

I think the difference is that WoW is more the "fighting style game" and the fact that my friends just want to kill stuff and Runescape is more like a role player game.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

I've played it for a little bit before, and a lot of my friends play it.

I just didn't find it enjoyable, and graphics don't really factor into my choice of games.

One of the main reasons that I enjoy RS is that there is so much to do, even if you do manage to max every skill to get to the "end-game" point, there is an almost unlimited things you can do that are fun. The sense of competetion and community is also nice, and I would dislike playing a game where every serious player reaches the max level after a while.

One of my friends was watching me play Rs for a few mins the other day and he saw someone ask a question and recieve an answer from another player and commented "wow, players in WOW would have just called him a noob and walked away". So evidently the situation with rude people there is similar, which doesn't surprise me at all.

WoW begins at 70 where you go off to raiding and realize how group orientated it is. Killing a boss for the first time with 40 of your friends (now only 25) is amazing. It's like obtaining a level goal in Runescape kind of feeling. WoW, however, comes with a time dedication that Runescape doesn't require. I can log on for 15 minutes in Runescape and get something done. In WoW, I need to play for 5 hours to get that same "i got something done" feeling.

WoW is not better than Runescape, and even on full graphics it doesn't provide the argument that it has real graphics (Im currently on a nvidia 9800). They are different games and shouldn't be compared by which is better. They both have their grinds, they both have their achievments, and they both have their fair share of ranters who will claim it to have been better before some update/patch.

I play both games and enjoy them. Runescape stats are in the sig and my WoW armory link is also in the sig.

Foooman.png

to be honest............I didnt read that many posts after the OP.

WoW is an acquired taste as is Runescape. Use a trial key to see what its like and if its your cup of tea. If you dont like it oh well then.

Ive played both since they first started wow and rs. Both have there perks and i keep going back to one or the other. Sometimes both at the same time.

So just give it a try is all I say.

whitedragonhidepm9.png

I just came back from a long break. Back on bob.

iv played wow

816 hours to be exact(probably a little more) and iv gone back

WoW if fun for awhile, then after you do the same thing over 10 times it gets boring

the pvp is fun but its not worth the time, i think

runescape is definitely a more difficult game and is way more complex(skills and quest)

but that's just my opinion ::'

New Sig Coming soon!

These threads and topics will get on my nerves. When will people understand the effect that RuneScape is a great game enjoyed by millions (hence the 130m accounts made for goodness sake!). Its also incredible for a Java-based and brownser game (no real downloads unlike WoW that could take hours and hours to download).

Compare Wow to a game like Guild Wars or at least Conquer Online. Not RuneScape! Maybe WoW may not be as good as you think if you compare it to a game on the same level! Unlike those that

try to compare or rant to RuneScape, making WoW sound much better (which is not in my own opinion). But if you compare it something like Guild Wars, its not soo easy to cool WoW the best..isn't it?

If you love WoW soo much, go play it. Leave those who enjoy RuneScape to play RuneScape, instead of trying to hook them on a game that has the most addicted and obesed players of all games (my opinion :? ) Most Wow'ers just don't leave RuneScapers alone. Let Blizzard do the Mr. T adverts with their free trials advertisments. RuneScape has done a brilliant job gaining players with just the 'word of mouth' system.

Once you go WoW, leave RuneScape alone! (Which Wow'ers don't follow.. #-o ) Not trying to sound agrumentive, but its I hate these topics! And I am talking on the behalf of other forums/YouTube comments.

Of course, if you are just a normal player of WoW theres no problem of you playing it. But I found the players that keep bragging on about it and pesting those who like RuneScape get on top list in my Death-List (joke..), if you like the game, play it!

Runescape to me seems more of a casual gamers game, and WoW more a hardcore gamers game, which is why im a runescape fan.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

World of Warcraft is combat based. If I wanted that, I would go play Diablo or Halo.

diabloooo *drools*

TRUEDAT!

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

If you love lag, an EXTREMELY easy game, and believe graphics > gameplay, then WoW is definitely for you.

-.-

There is no lag at WoW.

Speaking of extremely easy game, runescape is evene easier.

Gameplay of WoW is much better then Runescape, runescape is much more repetitive.

actually u r correct.

lag is only how good ur internet/computer connections are

runescape is just as easy. a 6 yr old can be better than a mature player since he clicked on the ore more time than the mature player. runescape is a game of clicking. the guy with more skills is usually the guy who played for more hours and did more clicking

Gameplay really depends on each individual person. some ppl like different activities.

wow does have better graphics but it doesnt really matter besides that it is just kooler.

wow has pvp and rs pvp is ruined.

i never played wow as a longtime member but u cant insult the game. it is just preference. i dont play because it is addicting and a waste of money. i might as well get a different game. rs is addicting but not really to me.

If you love lag, an EXTREMELY easy game, and believe graphics > gameplay, then WoW is definitely for you.

-.-

runescape is a game of clicking. the guy with more skills is usually the guy who played for more hours and did more clicking

All games on consist a lot of numerous clicking. The way you described RuneScape there can be described exactly the same for WoW. If WoW used Majestic Brain Wave Pads to control your game, then I would understand.

Played runescape here since the beginning. Played WoW for two years. My advice is to play one till it is boring then switch. WoW is vastly better in graphics, teamwork and combat imo. But after you reach 70 unless you want to start a new character it gets old real fast. Plus to do anything for high levels it takes a guild and a planned schedule to play. This can be really annoying especially if you are in college. Reason I prefer runescape and have kept with it is just the fact that I love the skills it allows. I want to be able to do tons of skills and own a house in a MMORPG. Runescape allows this so I keep playing but I'm sure I'll play WoW again when they increase the max level to 80. So if you got the time I suggest you try the free trial and see if you like it. Its a fun game and if you don't care for it whatever you can still play Runescape or if you have the cash play both.

All skills 80+

[hide=]LEEEROYYYYYY JENNNNNKINSSSSSSSSSS!!!!![/hide]

Now that that's done. Well i would play WoW. And i've researched it quite a bit(i have a habit of doing that before i play anygame) But from what i've researched, it's really team based. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's just not the way i play. In runescape i take pride in having a Kalphite spot all to myself. It helps the "All Powerful Hero" mentality. And i really like that Runescape never truly ends. In WoW there's like 3 things to do? In Runescape there's a bit more. And in RS i can be a Marksman, decide i don't like it, and be a Warrior with a trip to a bank. You can't do that in Wow.

GuildWars is probably the wort of the three MMOs. I have that game and after you level up(and it is very boring) it's really useless to keep playing that character. My brother still plays Guild Wars a little bit and he makes a new character every 5-7 days. It's that boring. And the quests.. ew. Although i will say that GuildWars's PvP is very fun.

Last note: I HATE the way Range/Archery works in most mmos. No ammo, for some reason the arrows just appear when you use a bow. No customizable ammo. I love the way Range works in Rs.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Now that that's done. Well i would play WoW. And i've researched it quite a bit(i have a habit of doing that before i play anygame) But from what i've researched, it's really team based. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's just not the way i play. In runescape i take pride in having a Kalphite spot all to myself. It helps the "All Powerful Hero" mentality. And i really like that Runescape never truly ends. In WoW there's like 3 things to do? In Runescape there's a bit more. And in RS i can be a Marksman, decide i don't like it, and be a Warrior with a trip to a bank. You can't do that in Wow.

GuildWars is probably the wort of the three MMOs. I have that game and after you level up(and it is very boring) it's really useless to keep playing that character. My brother still plays Guild Wars a little bit and he makes a new character every 5-7 days. It's that boring. And the quests.. ew. Although i will say that GuildWars's PvP is very fun.

Last note: I HATE the way Range/Archery works in most mmos. No ammo, for some reason the arrows just appear when you use a bow. No customizable ammo. I love the way Range works in Rs.

Just to correct you, when I played WoW I was a hunter and I had arrows.

I don't even think most people class Guild Wars as an MMORPG. :?

And WoW does have cuztomizable ammo, and the arrows do appear.

Anyway, i quit RS in late December, and have been playing WoW four about 2 months and am loving it, but i still look at the main RS site to see updates, i still look on these forums. Mainly because i still care about the game.

keen.png

why do the mods leave this thread up? when anyone mentions funorb it's an automatic lock.

shouldnt this be in off-topic?

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Oh awesome. Didn't know WoW had a good range system. Thats a good plus. :thumbup:

P.S. Anyone go see the "Make love, not Warcraft" episode of south park after they read this thread? <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Oh awesome. Didn't know WoW had a good range system. Thats a good plus. :thumbup:

P.S. Anyone go see the "Make love, not Warcraft" episode of south park after they read this thread? <3:

south-park-wow.jpg

Wow is just like every other game. It's a glorified msn.

TBh, wow was just to kiddish for me...

sounds funny as thats the way most people view rs. :XD:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!