Nature Runecrafting : Dead.

BloodArgon

I'm always amused when Runecrafters complain about how much money they make.

RC is a transformation skill -- like Crafting, Smithing and Herblore. In case you didn't know, those skills mostly lose money.

Why do they lose money? Because skillers are willing to train them at a loss.

RC profitability will continue to decrease as long as people are willing to make less money at it. An equilibrium point will be reached when the prices get low enough that fewer people make nats, and more people buy and use them.

For more info, see this page in my General Skills Guide.

id agree if runecraft wasnt one of the hardest skills in the game.

crafting smithing and herblore are like expensive versions of cooking and fletching now.

only in the past those 5 could generate good profit by itself.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the two people [bleep] about not being able to make 700k-1m an hour. i agree rc is to much of a money machine when you think of what it require. i also agree it should make cash, but not over 500k an hour!

i hope that pure ess goes to 200ea. that way they still make profit but donst make to much compared to effort :pray:

here comes the flamers! :-#

Godwars averages 2-3m/hour... you think the best skiller income in the game should max out at 500k/hour?

Estimating that a Saradomin GWD trip lasts ~6 hours factoring kill count,

4 - 5 team members

~ 100 kills

You can expect, on average in the long run, ~ 10 Saradomin Swords and ~ 3 Saradomin Hilts in 10 trips. That comes out to ~325M, once you dock off 5% because it's sold min price when split. That's maybe a little more than 1M an hour if your luck is average. Of course, with drop rates as low as these, it's easy to have 2-3 dry trips in a row.

GWD does NOT average 2-3M / hour. Armadyl is actually probably lower money, because of the waiting time, the higher chance of getting crashed, and fewer kills per trip and KC time. Neither Bandos nor Zamorak get even close. The only time GWD earned that much for people was during the various safespot abuses.

Anyone who thinks you "average" 2-3M/hr profit at GWD is likely deluding themselves. You also have to count all the trips where you get nothing, time wasted getting teams together and finding free worlds, cost of supplies etc.

When a trip lasts 6 to 8 hours easily, it's not often that you get nothing. You don't waste much time getting teams together if you have 6-8 people who are usually on at the same time, almost every day. Free worlds for Zamorak and Saradomin are easy. The other two, not so easy unless you're crass enough to steal a world, and if that's the case, you'd need a bigger team anyways AKA lower profit.

However, you're still correct because most people lose track of time inside. After working it out mathematically, you'll probably average about 500k - 1000k an hour at Bandos or Armadyl, and maybe 750k to 1250k at Saradomin. Saradomin's only barely higher because 70 agility reduces the crowds there, and trips can usually last longer. At today's prices, you won't be averaging that much anymore.

That said, I think it's reasonable to say the game SHOULD have been designed in a way so that most "conversion" skills yield 100k-150k an hour. Taking a raw material and making it useful should have value in it.

I think an easy solution that hasn't been considered is to remove skill capes and high scores. Without that, people will have no "drive" to level a skill purely for the sake of training it. Then all that remains is making these supplies useful. Add new bosses. Add new PvP options. Drain these sharks and potions out of the economy. Add more magic so that people want magic levels, thereby pulling runes and bows and such.

The problem is the fact that people are training for the sake of training. Most 99 cooks don't like cooking as a skill itself, they just want to have a 99, trim a cape, or have a skill cape. If you take this away, take away the value of a 99 skill asides from what the skill directly grants you, then conversion skills will possibly make a comeback.

newbie crafters sell at low

this is done a coupl eof millions times

prices drop.

solution = only sell at max.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

With the nature runecrafting, one of the most likely reasons is the amount of people that can and do craft them now for money. People just hitting 44 have the ability to make natures and not laws and deaths yet. Even at this level it is possible to make a fair deal of profit per hour, assuming most people that are only getting this level now are low levels. The profit to them is in most cases substantial.

Runecafting through the abyss is fast and the times given in this thread are a bit on the low side. When I have made Natures through the abyss, I have been able to get an average of 2.5k essence per hour (5k natures). This is approximately 72 seconds per trip, Graahk runecrafting it is posible to average out at under 60 seconds a trip. This means you can craft over 3k essence per hour. Due to current price that is a pretty low profit per hour for most people. At over 91 that is only just breaking 1m/h at the moment. For now the best option is to runecraft deaths/laws if you want to make money (if you aren't 91+), or if you are over 91, make natures but don't sell yet and wait for them to rise again (they always do ;) ).

As others have said though, there are many ways in which this could be "fixed", the best of which is simply making more experience gained when mining pure essence compared to rune.

ydrasil.png

yes, it's dead, because of the graahk crafters who can manage 4.5k per hour.

Now can you explain to me how this is possible? I know about the spirit graahk, but I haven't heard of anyone getting 4.5k per hour. If this is the case, then wouldn't nat crafting be alive and kicking?

it really is but its all the balance of supply and demand.

billybobj282.gif

Wow the profit margin from nature crafting has dropped considerably. I remember buying natures at 320 - 350 each when pure essence prices were around 80 - 110 ea.

If a merge were to occur the essence prices would drop to the value of todays normal essence price - around 38 gp (maybe slightly lower). So I do not really see an advantage for both parties, except for the runecrafters.

Anyway, nature runecrafting will never die - Just the profit margins will be far less then it was before.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

It could be because many players are crafting bloods now, but i've never seen a price drop in nats this bad before, so that shouldn't be the case... one thing is for sure.. that abyssal titan's special ability sure is looking good right now :twisted:

2vuhgcn.png

a solution is to let f2p mine pure essence and half or third the price of pure essence. then the people who already had pure essence in their bank will have the numbers doubled or tripled depending on what jagex chose. that way it will be fair for the people who had pure essence without it dropping down in price dramatically and a huge loss of money. rune essence will still be minable for f2p runecrafters. the mining level required to mine pure essence will be raised to 40 so there still will be enough people mining rune essence

Money_Wasted.png

Doubling's still alright:

Current Pure Essence Price: 153

Current Nature Rune Price 2x: 494

Profit: 341

Now, that profit is profit per pure essence (NOT nature rune); I can probably craft around 2K pure essence an hour, which makes almost 700K an hour. It's not bad still, but it was a lot better in the past.

If your law prices are correct, laws are the way to go. More XP and a higher profit is a win win situation.

allow FTP to mine pure essence?

That would still cause price drops, just in rune essence this time; this would still cause players to lose money. There's no real solution to the differences in the essences that I can see of that doesn't hurt some players in some way. I think it's left best unchanged anyway.

One idea that may help lower prices (this isn't my idea) is to increase the mining XP given from mining pure essence. It would encourage people to mine it, bringing more into the economy, which should cause the prices to drop somewhat. Whether it would have a lasting effect, I dunno.

There is a solution and that's something people often forget: every update to runecrafting (which makes it 'easier') will lower the price of runes and make essence more valuable..

However there is a reason the price crashed: what's the use of runes nowadays? - what's the use of a high magic level? - All boss-monsters (and basically most other monsters) can be done just as good - and often better and more cheaply using ranging! THere has to come a very, very big update in MAGIC to restore runecrafting to it's former glory. Magic has to become usefull in a combat way: and magic in a way that uses runes..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I think Runecrafters had it too good for too long. I mean, it was literrally free exp. And a lot of profit. Meh.

And the award for the most moronic statement of the year award goes to...

And yeah, laws have always been more profitable, people were just too ignorant to see it, and always assumed natures were better. I've always crafted laws for profit. Now if I want exp, but still profit I make bloods, and if I want fast exp I do the ZMI.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

This is the exact reason why I recently sold my 300k Pure Ess. The ess I banked 91 RC in. 91 RC sadly isn't that great anymore, and it looks like it's only going to get worse. I'm only 2 Summoning levels off the Abyssal Titan, how long until mining ess with an Abyssal Titan is worth it?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The sure fire way to get a price rise is to create a thread like this. I will be off to the GE myself and start buying a few thousand nats now that you say they are so low in price. I will not be the only one and hey presto let us see if the price has not risen 1 week from now. (I might be wrong though).

Natures will always be in high demand as mage levelling is done most efficiently with them so the price drop is probably just a temporary thing.

The sure fire way to get a price rise is to create a thread like this. I will be off to the GE myself and start buying a few thousand nats now that you say they are so low in price. I will not be the only one and hey presto let us see if the price has not risen 1 week from now. (I might be wrong though).

Natures will always be in high demand as mage levelling is done most efficiently with them so the price drop is probably just a temporary thing.

I doubt it is temporary: who wants a mage level nowadays? - I certainly don't, ranging is in all cases much more efficient and I got myself a high enough level already to use all teleports (apart from ancients/lunar, but without high alch tabs I'm not going on ancients nor lunars anytime soon).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

READ PLEASE

Nothing has changed. This happened due to the graahk teleport. You can make nats faster now, so their price is going down. Yes: you make less money per essence. BUT the hourly profit is still around the same, if not greater. If you don't like it, start using a graahk.

THAT IS ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED

Thank you

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

READ PLEASE

Nothing has changed. This happened due to the graahk teleport. You can make nats faster now, so their price is going down. Yes: you make less money per essence. BUT the hourly profit is still around the same, if not greater. If you don't like it, start using a graahk.

THAT IS ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED

Thank you

Putting giant bolded letters around your post doesn't make it more valid. Yes, the graahk is certainly a factor, but it's a multi-faceted problem. Most of them have already been mentioned in this thread, but it's a combination of all of them occuring within a year that has created such a noticable impact.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Kind of true. Market crashed when they removed all the bots in game. =|

care to explain this? i don't see how removing the supply kills the price :s

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Kind of true. Market crashed when they removed all the bots in game. =|

care to explain this? i don't see how removing the supply kills the price :s

lol you just validated it yourself -.- when the runescape ecomony needs 100k yew logs a day and bots(+ players) make 110k yew logs a day, prices gonna be lovely low. but when the players still need 100k and we got no bots. so we only make 60k yew logs a day, then prices gonna rise to the poor players draw back and we only need 60k a day :D

hope that helped and you can understand me

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

hmmm.... i've been runecrafting laws since they were 300 each... and that was i think april? yeah about april. nats have been low in price for a very long time.

i'm just kind of in a mood to say i told you so but i just... didn't tell any one :XD: yeah..... why didn't you guys go do reasearch??? when i saw bloods come out i was like ooooo i remember when they were 700 each!!! i wonder how much they are now. less than like 200. so i was law craftin for quite a while. yep. :anxious:

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Least people have scene the light now. Highalching mage levels is NOT the way. Combat Magic FTW!

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Doesn't surprise me since graakh was released. The its-fast-and-easy-to-sell-nats argument to single nat crafting no longer should be applicable since GE allows you to rc and sell at the same time or is that people just refuse to change...

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.