FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

I cut and burn yews all the time in Rimmington. People often say I am "burning money" though in reality all that is consumed is time since I gathered them myself. Sure, it may be useless to some but I find it relaxing and enjoyable to hop on and cut and burn some logs. If the skill is updated then that's all the better, if not then I will continue to enjoy it as it is.

20,860,782 Firemaking experience down. :)

Meh, thats like 103k yew logs burned. Which means your also 46.5m gp down.

And if you had of sold them and bought maples, you would have ~125m firemaking xp. Each to there own ::'

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Firemaking is pretty useless. It would be cool if you could use fm to light different things or enemies on fire. Like if you got to level 30 you could melt ice warriors. (That would be useful for getting charms)

And once you reach level 50 you can light fire works to celebrate your achievements! :thumbsup:

And when enemies died. Instead of dropping bones, theyd drop certain ashes. And the ashes would vary from monster to monster. They could be different values. It would give a whole different view of the skill.

Making money off of FM? <------ 1337 :ugeek:

Player Burining mini game anyone?

I like all of these suggestions.

Journey to Swan Song

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

What good is it burning Magic pyres if I'm going to get the exact same reward as I would burning Yew?

Actually, Magics are the only pyre logs that can be used to burn the Fiyr Remains. So you would indeed get better rewards from it. ::'

Anyway, Maples aren't necessarily the best for everyone. If you can make more than around 400k/hr it's more efficient to burn yews. But that's straying from the point.

Firemaking is worthless, and Jagex needs to add content to it.

I'm level 87 firemaking at the mo and ive got enough Maples banked for about level 92 or 93. Occasionally i'll have a wild moment and burn a bunch of magic logs or something, I know its stupid economically but its fun to get a bit of variation. I've got 66,168 maple logs to burn on the way to 99 and i'd go mad if i didnt have at least a little bit of variation.

However burning Yews isnt practical long term unless you got lots of money.

An inventory of Yew logs (27 + Tinder) gives 5367.5 exp and costs 11,124gp.

For that same amount of money you could get 241 maple logs and get 32,535 exp.

You can also get fast firemaking exp at higher levels by lighting Dorgesh-Kaan Light Orbs (52 fm but need 87 crafting) by getting 1k exp for fixing a lamp.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think firemaking is what it is, maybe Jagex will bring something exiting out in the future, but it's pretty basic as it is.

Burning yews is great when you're rich, but I can't see the point otherwise. You're better-off banking and selling the yews, then burning maples ;)

MyumachiSig.jpg

People living deeply have no fear of death.

You can also get fast firemaking exp at higher levels by lighting Dorgesh-Kaan Light Orbs (52 fm but need 87 crafting) by getting 1k exp for fixing a lamp.

I've done some laps around the city and I'll tell you, it's not so easy. :?

It's good experience, and you get some bonus experience for every like 10 or 20 orbs you repair...the trouble is you can only repair the broken orbs, and if you wanna do that, you gotta find em first. :P

I would recommend bringing some light orbs if you're thieving the chests there, and just fix any broken lamps you come across. It's decent thieving experience once you can pick-lock the rich chests, although it's damn slow compared to how fast other methods can be. But I like the charms, and there's more variety to it than knocking out the same Menaphite Thug repeatedly. I just wish there was a summoning obelisk somewhere around the place.

But I digress. The real issue here is that firemaking sucks right now. After level 65, it's only useful for burning Fiyr shades (and you probably get just as much cash by selling the sacred oil and magic logs separately anyway) and killing Mithril Dragons. And even at 65 all you really get is a wearable light source, which is pretty narrow if I may say so myself. We need the ability to make flaming weapons!

We need the ability to make flaming weapons!

I have to agree, flaming weapons would be pretty nice. And I'm sure the new graphicl updates and server updates would be able to come with animated flames, such as the firecape-type realism :twisted:

Maybe you should post this is the Suggestions section of the Runescape forums?

I'll be the first to support ;)

MyumachiSig.jpg

People living deeply have no fear of death.

^^ I didnt write that.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think it'll get some major reworking in the future - but for firemaking to be redone now, I wouldn't hold my breath :oops: Luckily for me I have level 91 firemaking so surely that'll get me many places :twisted:

2vuhgcn.png

Burning yews are fun! I remember burning 10k before they became 400 each >.> Was too lazy to bank them, lol.

I burn maples now though...got way too many.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Firemaking literally has no point, Light a fire, Look at it or cook somthing on it,

Thats all it can do.

Is there any point in asking why people look down on it. Its obvious. its a cheap useless skill, Only reason somone would ever level it is for gaining total exp / levels / cape. Every other skill has at least 10 practical uses (apart from combat ones which all 900+ fall into same catagory)

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

=\ why wouldn't you sell the yews and buy maples to burn. you are literally burning money if you burn yews

Burning 1 yew = 450gp loss

And nets 202 xp

That means it costs you 2.27gp/xp

Burning 1 Maple = 50gp Loss

And nets 135 xp

This means it costs you 0.37gp/xp

But thats not all..

Burning 1 Yew gets you 202 xp

Selling 1 yew and buying 9 Maples with the money you get from selling the yew would net you 1215xp

So for every Yew you burn, instead of selling it and buying maples, you loose around 1013 potential firemaking xp.

You are loosing out either way you look at it, you are training it inefficiently

The reason why? It takes 3-6 mins to get to bank By that time i can get 10 more yews :ohnoes:

where the HELL are you training?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Training at Rimmington. A good way to make FM useful is do something like this:

Fired Steel arrows...

Fired Rune arrows

Fired Mitrhil arrows

Uses: 1/80 chance that the monster gets dealt damage over 70 and dies?

But to me this idea isent so useful #-o

Yeah, I mean since when did a clutz irl need some sort of skill to burn his house down? He gets drunk and drops a cigarrette on the gas tank and boom! I really don't see why there's an entire freakin level dedicated to firemaking when surely anyone can light anything as long as they can use a tinderbox in RS, and seeing as you can light logs with a tinderbox at level one, the skill seems pointless.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I don't think even jagex knows what they're going to do with the skill.

I really don't see why there's an entire freakin level dedicated to firemaking when surely anyone can light anything as long as they can use a tinderbox in RS, and seeing as you can light logs with a tinderbox at level one, the skill seems pointless.

And lighting stuff at lvl 1 was much more exciting(for me anyway...) since you failed, you thought "OMgz, I can't wait till I fail less!". But then when you stop failing nothing fun happens

2480+ total

Well I already spent about 7M out of my own pocket and a crap-load of time mining Rune to get Firemaking to 99, so if Jagex ever does decide to do anything with it then I'm all set :]

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I got 99 fm a little over a year ago now, partly in hopes of them making something useful out of it, but party because the cape is my favorite color. (also because I wanted a 99... it was my first)

I really don't mind if they leave it useless, it's pretty easy to get for people that want total levels and a new shiny cape.

Fire arrows! Hmm idk other than making fire related things or quest requirements I couldnt really think of anything else.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Apart from fire arrows suggested already.

Maybe new types of fires you can build for various reasons, like perhaps having to build a certain type of fire to cook a new type of food on that heals well.

And other types of fires you could build to help boost another skills, like maybe some kind of ritual burning to get more prayer exp (similar to altars). Different types of fires to craft or smith new items or fires to prepare certain ingredients or herbs for potions.

With the new lighting system on high detail maybe new torches to light up darker areas or something could be incorparated too.

Just a few off the top of my head.

The skill has a lot of unused potential that's for sure.