"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I have to agree with romy, I don't think dancing matters in any way at all. Maybe people will judge you, but at best they'll just be like "Yeah, he can't dance." The only time dancing makes an impression on people is if you do an extremely eccentric and just plain weird dance, or you're a very good dancer.

So basically, go on and dance, have fun with it. No matter how good you are at dancing, it's always fun. Bad dancing is something you laugh at, even the person doing the dance laughs at it.

The only thing you need though is Confidence

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

^ The people who can't handle their own shouldn't be giving advice imo. It's like asking an 8 year old how to drive.

Oh right, and doing it with your mates GF in a threesome is totally it, sorry I'm not the stereotypical drunken 19yo I should be labeled. <_<

Notice how I really only give advice on the initial attraction?

You guys seem to repeatedly say that people do judge others for their dancing? That's kind of new to me... I never even look at people dance, not to mention judge them... I always thought everyone else doe the same?

Heh, thanks guys. Defying fate freakin' rocks!

Good day there chaps, I come bearing an update from my post roughly 15 pages ago.

If you remember my post, then you should remember I am 16 and the girl in question is 14. I live in England, her in Wales. But that isn't important now, because today I took a three hour train journey to see her for the first time. Yes, someone I met on RuneScape (The forums) I have now met in real life.

And to be quite honest, it was the best day I've ever had. I don't have the time to type the details, but I have never felt more loved than today.

I'm [bleep]ing happy. :^_^:

Allow me to ruin that mood..

I STILL [bleep]ING BEAT YOU TO IT LOSER! HAHA YOU FAIL!

Though really, it's about damn time you made up your mind.

To hell with, Scotsman! Nothing will ruin this mood! NOTHING! You may have found your (RS) love, but now so have I! 8-)

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

You guys seem to repeatedly say that people do judge others for their dancing? That's kind of new to me... I never even look at people dance, not to mention judge them... I always thought everyone else doe the same?

The way I see it, if you're a bad dancer, that's not going to be a plus for you (but if you're my friend it doesn't matter because that's not what I judge my friends on), if you're a decent dancer who has fun, then that's good, and if you're excellent, that's remarkable.

Who, learn to do a two step (stand up, right foot goes to the right, goes back to its initial position, left foot goes left, goes back to initial position, repeat). Find the most popular songs out right now and figure out their rhythm (they're not likely to have complicated rhythms if they're on TV) and practice figuring out the rhythm of a song. Listening to the drum track is usually what will get you there.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

To chime in on confidence and dancing, why not try using bad moves to your advantage? Even if you're not the best dancer alive, if simply having fun wont get you through the night, then turn a bad situation into a good one. If you're date can also tell you're a bad dancer, use this as an opportunity to be clever, funny, and witty. Humor makes a more lasting impression then a few hours on the dance floor in my opinion.

I think I neglected to mention that dancing is only a real tool of use if you've never met the girl, but you meet her at the club. Dancing is an excellent way to catch their eye. If you go on a date witha girl you already know, she's less likely to judge you. Again, just keep a simple rhythm. It's amazing how much a relaxed sway slowly turns into unintentional dancing

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Good day there chaps, I come bearing an update from my post roughly 15 pages ago.

If you remember my post, then you should remember I am 16 and the girl in question is 14. I live in England, her in Wales. But that isn't important now, because today I took a three hour train journey to see her for the first time. Yes, someone I met on RuneScape (The forums) I have now met in real life.

And to be quite honest, it was the best day I've ever had. I don't have the time to type the details, but I have never felt more loved than today.

To hell with, Scotsman! Nothing will ruin this mood! NOTHING! You may have found your [b[(RS) love[/b], but now so have I! 8-)

Mate, you know I never say that.

We may have met through RS, but our relationship developed outside (and some random [cabbage] is coming to mind now) of it, so I hate that term.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

To hell with, Scotsman! Nothing will ruin this mood! NOTHING! You may have found your [b[(RS) love[/b], but now so have I! 8-)

Mate, you know I never say that.

We may have met through RS, but our relationship developed outside (and some random [cabbage] is coming to mind now) of it, so I hate that term.

Then I apologise for using the term, as now that I think about it the term is rather ugly these days. I suppose the same thing goes for me, as my relationship also developed outside of the game, though we met in the game. (Well... On the forums, really.)

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

About this dancing debate:

Dancing badly is a dlv.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6817134/Dad-dancing-may-be-the-result-of-evolution-scientists-claim.html (ty cracked)

Oh and people do judge, but probably not quite as much as you think - but some more than others. I mean some MUCH more than others, I've walked around with people who just criticized others. Never did it twice with the same person though <_<

About this dancing debate:

Dancing badly is a dlv.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6817134/Dad-dancing-may-be-the-result-of-evolution-scientists-claim.html (ty cracked)

Oh and people do judge, but probably not quite as much as you think - but some more than others. I mean some MUCH more than others, I've walked around with people who just criticized others. Never did it twice with the same person though <_<

Whenever I see someone over-criticizing others, I KNOW they're extremly inconfident.

What kind of person needs to judge others to feel better about themselves :S...

You're preaching to the choir mate.

I spent like 2 pages sticking up for a picture of a guy with spiked hair and a wife beater from people in this thread calling him a douche because of the way he dresses.

I would say it wasn't so much the hair or the clothes, but the intimidating muscles, the girls by his side, and the look on his face that made us judge him. :razz:

But seriously, that look on his face. I don't ever want to hang out with someone with that sort of look on their face. If that makes me judgemental, (and I know it totally does) than so be it.

Flyingjj.png

I would say it wasn't so much the hair or the clothes, but the intimidating muscles, the girls by his side, and the look on his face that made us judge him. :razz:

But seriously, that look on his face. I don't ever want to hang out with someone with that sort of look on their face. If that makes me judgemental, (and I know it totally does) than so be it.

Everyone's judgmental. There's a huge difference between judging based on a picture and judging based on someone's personality though.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I wasn't talking about judging. Judging is something everyone does all the time, to anyone. It's criticizing (or more specifically criticizing out-loud), that seems wrong to me.

"Have you seen this guy dance?" "Look at her big nose" "Wow, he sure shouldn't pick his own clothes" etc. Sure, all of us said that once or twice in our lives, but when someone makes that a hobby.... meh....

I know that. And normally I'm not judgmental toward pictures, but that particular one he is referring to screamed at my very core stereotype of "womanizer, player, guy who gives men a bad name, use her and lose her, do not associate myself ever with this person, unless in hand to hand combat in defense of a lady's honor." (Okay, so that last part was thrown in for fun, but he did activate just about every negative stereotype of a guy that I have.)

EDIT: This is a response to harrinator, not romy. I don't like using quotes unless I have to, and when I typed this, it was directly under harrinator's post.

Flyingjj.png

I wasn't talking about judging. Judging is something everyone does all the time, to anyone. It's criticizing (or more specifically criticizing out-loud), that seems wrong to me.

"Have you seen this guy dance?" "Look at her big nose" "Wow, he sure shouldn't pick his own clothes" etc. Sure, all of us said that once or twice in our lives, but when someone makes that a hobby.... meh....

Exactly. It happens, but people who hear it normally say "Meh" and ignore the critic.

Well, I ordered books on guitar, piano, and singing today. And I'll be starting running and working out tomorrow. Not sure why I'm posting this, but just wanted to leave a mark somewhere. Here's to who I was, and who I'll become. I want to thank everyone in this topic for all the questions they've answered, and for being awesome support. (Even though you have no idea who I am. Haha >=D)

hmolsig.png

Well, I ordered books on guitar, piano, and singing today. And I'll be starting running and working out tomorrow. Not sure why I'm posting this, but just wanted to leave a mark somewhere. Here's to who I was, and who I'll become. I want to thank everyone in this topic for all the questions they've answered, and for being awesome support. (Even though you have no idea who I am. Haha >=D)

Answer this for us, why did you order guitar, piano, and singing books? And why are you going to start running and working out?

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

Self-improvement over the summer. Then when I go back to school, I'll be a new person. And get women.

I already run, play the piano, play the gutiar, and am fit. Protip: It takes a bit more than that :P

Self-improvement over the summer. Then when I go back to school, I'll be a new person. And get women.

I already run, play the piano, play the gutiar, and am fit. Protip: It takes a bit more than that :P

It helps with the confidence.

Speaking of which, I just went on my first date. It was a blasting success. Thanks especially to Lent and Iamdan.

Actually, it takes none of that.

No girl would want you because you do or are these things, and no girl would disqualify you on the basis of not doing or being these things.

@ I'm happy for you harrinator :).

No girl would want you because you do or are these things, and no girl would disqualify you on the basis of not doing or being these things.

As much as I want to agree with you on this point, romy, and I know you have insider info and such, I have to disagree. Though 'tis true that while one would not be attracted or disqualified by these qualities, one with them is more generally desirable than one without them, all other things being equal. As much as so many people would like to deny it, some things can be attractive, and these are some of these things.

I believe you to be correct in that it is not a causal relationship though. Just because you do a particular activity does not do anything. Something about the execution of that activity though... I don't think I'm being quite clear. I suppose I should let the self-proclaimed attraction experts talk about this, as much as I hate them scientififying it.

Flyingjj.png

As much as I want to agree with you on this point, romy, and I know you have insider info and such, I have to disagree. Though 'tis true that while one would not be attracted or disqualified by these qualities, one with them is more generally desirable than one without them, all other things being equal. As much as so many people would like to deny it, some things can be attractive, and these are some of these things.

I believe you to be correct in that it is not a causal relationship though. Just because you do a particular activity does not do anything. Something about the execution of that activity though... I don't think I'm being quite clear. I suppose I should let the self-proclaimed attraction experts talk about this, as much as I hate them scientififying it.

It *may* be true that these activities or qualities are a plus, but not any more than other qualities.

Trust me when I say this- none of these activities and qualities would ever tilt a girl's decision this way or that way. Ever.