How much sleep do you get a night?

x_bow80

Around a year ago a lot of thoughts went racing through my mind, because of that I couldn't sleep. Now I'm used to it and I just *can't* sleep anymore. Just do something, I gave up just being in bed, that sucks. Your mind is way to relaxed and those 'thoughts' will come back way to much. Read a book, eat something, watch a movie. Do everything to keep your mind distracted.

oh, I do the eating well :anxious:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea.

It varies from day to day.

Probably around 5 hours a day.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I wish I was one of those people that could get by on very little sleep, but sadly I tend to need a good 7-8 hours. I can get by for a week or so on 6 or 5, but I start to feel weary towards the end.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

There's a big difference in sleep patterns in humans.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/1/26

Long sleepers require 9+ hours per night to feel like they can function the next day.

Short sleepers require 6 hours or less per night to feel like they can function the next day.

I am a long sleeper. 10 hours per night usually.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I have sleep problems to an extent so I can go to bed at 3 AM and wake up at noon feeling totally exhausted, or I could go to bed at 9 PM and wake up at 9 AM feeling totally exhausted.

Usually I get about 10 hours of sleep but it doesn't do much.

I have sleep problems to an extent so I can go to bed at 3 AM and wake up at noon feeling totally exhausted, or I could go to bed at 9 PM and wake up at 9 AM feeling totally exhausted.

Usually I get about 10 hours of sleep but it doesn't do much.

I can have a normal day,then sleep for 20 hours and still need more.Then I can have a [cabbage]ty,exhausting day,sleep for 3 and wake up totally of my own accord (as in,slept off all tiredness) totally energised.Weird,I am.Know,I do.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Usually ~7 hours on a school night, at least 9-10 during vacation. Though I slept 5 hours last night.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Oddly enough I go to bed around 4am and wake up about 9 every day :shock: but i feel fine when i wake up i don't need alot of sleep at all and i caan keep going and goin. I don't like sleep either :lol: never really have :?

Let your yellow mellow.

An adult in Sweden is recommended to sleep 8:30 hours for a satisfying night while children and pubertal teenagers are recommended 10 hours. I personally feel this is individual, but if you wake up tired, irritated or get a headache, you should sleep more and more regularly. The quality of your sleep is not necessarily measured by the quantity of your sleep.

On workdays I sleep about 8 hours, going to bed at 11 PM and waking up 7 AM. On weekends I sleep about 10.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I usually on school terms go to sleep about 11:30 to midnight and I always have to wake up at 6:30. I feel like suicide right after I shower, but by the time I'm dressed I feel all energetic.

On holidays it's entirely of it's own accord. Last night I got 7 hours and the night before I got three... oddly enough I felt more energetic on the 3 hour one.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

I usually sleep 6-8 hours, but sometimes I still feel exausted the day after :-k . Sometimes I only sleep 5 hours a night, but I get tired fast after waking up after sleeping for such a short time.

When I get back to college, I'll be getting a regular 8-10 hours of sleep.

An adult in Sweden is recommended to sleep 8:30 hours for a satisfying night while children and pubertal teenagers are recommended 10 hours. I personally feel this is individual, but if you wake up tired, irritated or get a headache, you should sleep more and more regularly. The quality of your sleep is not necessarily measured by the quantity of your sleep.

On workdays I sleep about 8 hours, going to bed at 11 PM and waking up 7 AM. On weekends I sleep about 10.

You're right but sleep is a little more difficult then that. You probably know the basics that sleep is divided in diffirent stages and cycles. There's more then that. Probably the most important thing is body temperature but it'll take a lot of time to explain all of that so I'll just start with a hormone and a few other things.

The hormone melatonin is very important for waking up:

When you have lack of sunlight that'll result in higher melatonin levels, this leads to lower body temperature levels, that makes you feel very sleepy and tired through out the day. So what does this say? If you're exposed to light you'll awaken much faster, why do you think your mother rushes in and opens the curtains? This is also why you should never wear sunglasses they block out 20% - 90% of sunlight entering your eyes. (For this reason only, you should wear them for blocking UV out though)

Second would probably be exercise. It really does affect your sleeping patern. It's a great relief for tension and stress (Which are usually the biggest problems with sleeping disorders). So go out and do something!

But I'm curious, have you ever had an experience where you woke up in the morning and

you felt just pretty fine? No slow and moody state of mind that most of us wake up with? Well as I told earlier, we sleep through sleep stages in sleep cycles. Each cycle ends with a period of REM sleep. During REM sleep our physiology and brain waves are the closest to the ones when we're awake. The longest period of REM sleep is towards

the end of sleep, during which we usually wake up for the final time. Now THIS is the biggest problem with sleepers, usually your alarms just kicks you out of a stage and therefore you wake up very, very tired.

If you don't have a busy schedule you could experiment with diffirent hours to go to sleep and wake up, if you do have a busy schedule it's best to try going to sleep 20 minutes earlier, or 20 minutes later, 40 minutes earlier, or 40 minutes later. And so on. After you've found your perfect time you'll *probably* never be tired again but there are so many factors that influence your sleep so never expect that you'll always sleep very well or wake up without being tired at all.

Whoa I typed more then I was planning to.

;>

I'm probably one of those people that doesn't need to sleep very long. I only sleep in if I had a late night, but if someone bullied me out of bed at around 7 or 8 AM every morning just like my mom sometimes does, I'd definitely like that a lot more. I love my mornings. I love being awake. Sleep is a necessity, but I don't enjoy it that much, usually. Unless, of course, I'm deathly tired and need to pass out.

I usually get 6-7 hours of sleep during the school week. During vacation, I'll get anywhere from 4-20 hours of sleep, usually around 10-12 though. I've been trying to get back to a regular sleep schedule, like sleeping around 10-11 and waking up around 7-8, and it worked for about a week, then I started to sleep more sporadically again, like going to sleep around 4 and waking up at like 3.

I can do pretty well on low amounts of sleep, like I feel better when I get 7 or less hours of sleep, but I just can't do it for that long. After maybe a school week of going to sleep at around 1-2am and waking up at 7am, by the weekend I'm down for 12+ hours, which just makes me feel more tired. I hate it.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I can do pretty well on low amounts of sleep, like I feel better when I get 7 or less hours of sleep, but I just can't do it for that long. After maybe a school week of going to sleep at around 1-2am and waking up at 7am, by the weekend I'm down for 12+ hours, which just makes me feel more tired. I hate it.

That happens to me too on some weekends. But after that i stay up later and the cycle starts up all over. :lol:

I get 6 or 7.5. I never go for 9, 'cause if I reach it I usually end up going past it for at least 2 more hours. So it's generally around 7.5, whether going from after 4AM to noon or 11PM to 7AM.

Anyone know how Itachi looks? Ya, I've got those lines even with 8 hours a night for a month. Although I honestly doubt those lines are uncommon among this group.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I get 6 or 7.5. I never go for 9, 'cause if I reach it I usually end up going past it for at least 2 more hours. So it's generally around 7.5, whether going from after 4AM to noon or 11PM to 7AM.

Anyone know how Itachi looks? Ya, I've got those lines even with 8 hours a night for a month. Although I honestly doubt those lines are uncommon among this group.

I get Gaara eyes sometimes :lol:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Being an insomniac, I rarely get more than 3-4 hours of rest a night, if I manage to fall asleep at all. = /

I've been struggling with sleeping-problems for several years now, and I must say--I've yet to "get used to it," unfortunately. My issue lies in actually falling asleep rather than waking at irregular/inconvenient intervals, and, while I've tried various medications, I've decided the side-effects aren't worth the few extra hours of artificial-sleep. -.-

Quite simply, insomnia sucks.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Being an insomniac, I rarely get more than 3-4 hours of rest a night, if I manage to fall asleep at all. = /

I've been struggling with sleeping-problems for several years now, and I must say--I've yet to "get used to it," unfortunately. My issue lies in actually falling asleep rather than waking at irregular/inconvenient intervals, and, while I've tried various medications, I've decided the side-effects aren't worth the few extra hours of artificial-sleep. -.-

Quite simply, insomnia sucks.

Indeed you should just stay away from pills, they're really unhealthy and barely help you at all. Nor do bio-products they never helped me. "Get used to it" just starts with the simple fact that you accept that you can't fall asleep and start doing something productive or something that distracts your mind.

For me insomnia doesn't suck at all anymore, I can run all nighters with friends, go out 'till really late, work all night and still come home and watch a movie or sit on the computer a bit. But yes if you really need sleep I can understand that insomnia sucks.

;>