Today...

Leoo

Got an A* on my English essay :D

What was it on? I just had to hand in one on Frankenstein.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I spent like 20 minutes hitting my knee with a mobile phone to see if I could get that reflexive knee jerk.

Nothing happened.

Oh, and it was hotter than Satan's balls today.

Must not have hit the right spot... or you don't react to that. My "reflexive knee jerk" is extremely obvious.

Today we had 5 extra bodies so I wasn't working very hard. Tomorrow I get to wear whites, doing a job I will hate.

So tif, question. What do you guys llike more on a steak, A1 or heinz 57?

Settling a debate between me and my rommate.

Ever since I saw that episode of Metalocalypse where Nathan got addicted to steak sauce or something, I've been in love with A1... Well... I always have... I felt like making a random Mettalocalypse reference, okay? >.>

I've felt like I have a hair or something stuck in my eye all day... There is nothing there :/ It's driving me mad(der) >.>

I spent like 20 minutes hitting my knee with a mobile phone to see if I could get that reflexive knee jerk.

Nothing happened.

Must not have hit the right spot... or you don't react to that. My "reflexive knee jerk" is extremely obvious.

Today we had 5 extra bodies so I wasn't working very hard. Tomorrow I get to wear whites, doing a job I will hate.

Bodies ?

What work do you do ?

Nothing happened.

Bodies ?

What work do you do ?

Something related to frozen foods, iirc?

...o god

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Blue Mountain State is [bleep]ing hilarious. I was watching Entourage on Spike, and this new show came on after it and it's funny as hell. Actually pretty realistic, too - even just in high school.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Nothing happened.

Bodies ?

What work do you do ?

I think he means like staff.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Today is Monday, which means new Becuzwecan :twss:

[hide= Actual Tales of Real Life]

actualtalesofreallife.jpg[/hide]

Also, rules for ScrabbleshipopolyRisk!

[hide= ScrabbleshipopolyRisk, a Game of Madness!]

riskpopolypageheader.jpg

Welcome

ScrabbleshipopolyRisk, or ScrabbleshipRiskopoly is a combination of Scrabbleship and Riskopoly, which are in turns combinations of Scrabble and Battleship, and Risk and Monopoly.

We will go over the rules in turn.

Riskopoly.*

* It turns out someone else thought of this at some point in the past and attached some sort of copyright to it. Or something. We are pleased to say that we came up with this idea independently but (as is so often the case) so did someone else, and quite a few years back too. Having looked over the game of Mr. Daniel M. Haley, we are further pleased to find that his game is, as Cody may have put it, not hardcore enough, by which of course he means "too simple." You may of course play Mr. Haley's version, and you may use his version as the respective component of ScrabbleshipopolyRisk. It will be easier to some degree, especially if you only have one Risk board and one Monopoly board. But our flavor of the game, while probably only slightly more complex, makes for a longer, more ridiculous, more absurd game, the kind you might find if you were to read one of our earlier documentations of one such an evening.

Players set up both the Risk board and the Monopoly board as usual, as if each player were playing both a game of Risk and a Game of Monopoly. For convenience, set the boards up side-by-side on a smooth playing surface.

Players play a round of Monopoly, in which each player takes a turn, and then play a round of Risk, then a round of Monopoly, then Risk, etc.

Refer to each game's respective rules to govern disputes, except where Riskopoly rules contradict them.

For the Monopoly board, instead of rolling a 2d6 for movement, a player may elect to roll 2d10 instead, or pay $20 to roll 1d20 for this turn only, and only once.

You may not, no matter how much you pay, roll additional dice in a turn, and you cannot pay for re-rolls, you dirty cheater.

Note that rolling higher will get you further around the board, but may not get you specific properties.

The two games interact as follows:

During each player's Monopoly turn, that player may, in addition to making deals concerning all things on the Monopoly board, make deals with all things concerning the Risk board. Anything goes.

Also during each player's Monopoly turn, and only then, that player may purchase armies on the Risk board.

1 army costs $10.

Armies may also be traded in for $5, backwards, during the Risk turn, and only then (therefore you cannot liquidate your armies to pay a tax or something on your Monopoly turn, but you could, I suppose, do it pre-emptively).

Each time a player passes Go, that player collects an additional $5 for each territory he controls, and 10 times his "continent bonus" (for example, a player who controls all of Asia receives an additional $70, just as one who controls South America would gain $20. If a player controls three or less territories, that player instead collects currency at the following rate:

3 Territories $50

2 Territories $75

1 Territories $100

And that's pretty much it.

Technical Notes: Anything that puts a limit on purchasables (number of armies physically available, number of houses or hotels available, etc., is totally bull and should be ignored. You are encouraged to purchase and maintain as many houses and hotels you can afford, and as many armies as you can make.

Income tax doesn't factor in the net worth of your armies.

Victory conditions:

1) A player who conquers the entire Risk board, or up to 4/5ths of the Risk board, is considered the global ruler and assumes ownership of all financial realms, i.e., the Monopoly board, and is considered the winner.

2) A player who, via the Monopoly board, bankrupts all other players has removed all funding from the military and gains total financial rule over the entirety of the world, and is thereby considered the winner.

A player who loses his last territory no longer has presence on the Risk board, but retains his Monopoly pieces and currency.

A player who becomes bankrupt on the Monopoly board loses his presence on said board, but may continue to utilize his Risk pieces. However, having no financial backing, he no longer receives reinforcements of any kind, even ones that would be given out solely by the Risk board itself. That player may then play his remaining forces out across the board, but once he loses them, he is defeated from the Risk board as well.

Once again, deals of ANY KIND may be honored, no matter how strange or crazy they may seem. This extends to the point that, for example, a player who has lost all his presence on the Monopoly board and plays solely on the Risk board may be "hired" as a mercenary by a financial power on the Monopoly board, and the Monopoly player may award the Risk player ownership of one or more pieces of property, thereby returning that player to the Monopoly game. This is an example of how players who have been defeated on one board may return to play, and this works both ways between both boards.

Team play is possible, though un-tested as of now.

Scrabbleship

Scrabbleship is an extremely simple game in principle, though the setup is tricky and we have not found a perfect way to do this.

Basically, players need to key their Scrabble board and Battleship board to one another, so that the Scrabble board and Risk board are synced, as far as grids are concerned. The simplest way is to "shrink" the size of the Scrabble board so it matches the grid of a Battleship board, but it makes for a far more enjoyable game to create a custom Battleship board somehow that is as big as a Scrabble board.

Players take turns building words on the Scrabble board. Each time a word is put down, each opponent checks his Battleship board to see if the created word overlaps any of his ships in any way. For each square overlapped, put a "hit" on each Battleship underneath.

Basically, you shoot at the Battleships by laying down words over them in the Scrabble realm. Yes, this does mean it will be possible to take out entire ships or multiple ships at once.

Two exceptions to normal Scrabble play:

You do not NOT need to place Scrabble words staring on the center, nor do any placed words need to be connected. You're trying to hit battleships. You CAN connect Scrabble words, but you could just as soon place a word somewhere else on the board, unconnected by any other words.

Second, if you spell "SCRABBLE," you gain $500.

This is pretty simple.

Putting it all together.

So now it's a simple matter of showing how Scrabbleship is related to Riskopoly. Set up both of these hybrid games next to one another.

Play Riskopoly as normal, taking a Monopoly round, then a Risk round, but then take a Scrabbleship round, and then repeat. Inactive players (who aren't doing anything during other player's turns) are encouraged to prepare their words so that the Scrabbleship round goes quickly.

Alternatively, you may have players take all of their turns in a round: Player 1 takes a Risk turn, then his Monopoly turn, then his Scrabbleship turn; then player 2 takes all of his turns, etc. This makes for a much longer, much more boring game, but can work with a small number of people.

How Riskopoly and Scrabbleship work together:

At the end of the first Scrabbleship turn of the game, place a marker for each of your Battleships on the Risk board. Place them anywhere on the map, but place them off-shore, and designate a territory that they are "aiding." (We use the Axis-and-Allies battleships, but you can use pen-and-paper cut-outs too)

At the end of each additional Scrabbleship turn, you may move one of your ships to any other place on the map, even if the targeted territory is also being targeted by an enemy vessel.

That battleship will be laying down fire on that area, providing a bonus die in combat, both offensively or defensively.

You can target a territory you control; the battleship will provide a bonus die on the defense if that territory is attacked.

You can target a territory you don't control; the battleship will provide a bonus die to your offense if you were to invade that territory.

Note that this is a bonus, and not something the ship does on its own. If you have no armies on that territory, the battleship cannot somehow attack on its own.

Note also that though the battleship provides dice, it never actually becomes part of the combat, so it can't be destroyed by opposing Risk pieces. It's merely a bonus to the designated area.

You can destroy the battleships by way of Scrabbling, though.

Have Fun

That's basically it.

In a nutshell, you play Riskpopoly and attempt to meet the Riskopoly win conditions, but you use battleships to help give you the edge in Risk combat. If you want to sink the other person's ships and deny them that bonus, then you best be makin' some words on the Scrabble board.

It seems overwhelming a bit at first (maybe), but should provide hours of enjoyment and nonsense (literally, hours, maybe days, depending on your group's general savviness).

This game is recommended for three to five players. More than that, we don't know.

Feel free to alter and tweak these rules, as they are extensively un-tested and for the sake of ridiculosity rather than balance.

An example of a house rule employed in the comic version was,

"Each time a player passes GO, he takes a shot."

Go forth, and conquer all.

[/hide]

Now for today in my life. well, im pretty sick unfortunately, and band starts doing basketball games these next two weeks. Im staying after school all day on Wednesday and Friday for 3 weeks. So I should have at least one awesome tale/blog to come out of that whole mess.

tl;dr

But you have monster. Which makes you awesome. I <3 monster.

Well that isn't me in the comics actually. That's a friend of mine, I just post the comics because I like them :D

Although, he sells Monster at school and I usually end up buying a can or 2 every day. I should probably cut down :/

Nothing happened.

Bodies ?

What work do you do ?

Pffft. Sure he does.

:notalk:

Staff in the deep-freeze ! Eeek.

Nothing happened.

Bodies ?

What work do you do ?

Pffft. Sure he does.

Hmmm, true he could work in a morgue I guess. And by the way, 20 minutes hitting your knee? 20 minutes?

You must be reee-heeeally bored...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Nothing happened.

You can't have your knee rest on something - it has to be slightly elevated.

My friends got angry at me because I didn't go out last night, I don't want to be mean to them but THEY DON'T GO TO SCHOOL UNTIL FEBRUARY AND THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS :evil:

hiccup.png

I had a day off today! :o went sporting, did some computering, cleaned my room and I'm waiting for a package now, after that I need to go to some kind of shop where they sell stuff for my window because I need to repair something. God, I hate that. I'm horrible with screwdrivers. :thumbdown: Tonight I'll watch a movie or something, I dunno.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Had today off, but unfortunately didn't do all that much with it. :( Tidied up the house, played on my PS3, and ordered food in since I couldn't be bothered with making anything myself. :mrgreen:

A good ol' lazy day?:P

as for my day i went to school went home and now i have to go school again in an hour

A sunny day today.. One that I have to spend with my family picking out a computer. Gah. *annoyed*

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

A sunny day today.. One that I have to spend with my family picking out a computer. Gah. *annoyed*

Eww a pre-built POS?

We haven't had one of those in 8 years.

OT:

Today I went to school came out then plopped my [wagon] on the couch and got on the 'puter.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Pffft. Sure he does.

Unfortunately... I did mean staff. And it IS in the frozen foods line of work. Desserts. I work for Nestlé Canada. We make ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt and now other frozen treats (Del Monte bars, anyone?) in our factory. And it's not even cold where I work. 16 celsius (~61 Fahrenheit). Although my first year was closer to 8 C (~46 F).

Today I was doing a job I had sort of done before, but not really. That is, I had done the job... but on a different line. It was virtually the same, just with 4 hoppers instead of 1 vat. It was a pretty uneventful day. They said we had a flavour change at 1pm. At 2:30pm our first flavour ran out... I was done at 3pm, so I didn't have to do anything for the second one.

I checked the official store of Kingdom of Loathing (a really funny MMORPG game I play, it has ridiculously overelaborate ninja weapons, sabre-toothed limes etc) and found something awesome there: KoL Valentine cards. What makes these card so awesome is... well, see for yourself. Some of the jokes are hard to understand if you haven't played the game.

http://store.asymmetric.net/images/valentines_lg.jpg

My favorite is the 1335 Haxx0r one