Today...

Leoo

Bought last minute tickets to see Tool live. I loved it, though I found it strange how much focus was drawn away from Maynard. It's like he doesn't like the attention or something

If I remember right, he's actually very self conscious (so he claims), thus the eccentric outfits he is constantly wearing. I think it also has to do with how they record his voice as well. His voice is very "mixed-down," meaning that it is at the same volume or less than the rest of the band's sound, whereas most bands turn the singer up. His voice is the instrument, not himself. No need to draw attention to the person, or so the philosophy goes. I've found that it's best not to speculate why that band does certain things, it just leaves you muddled.

I thought that was pretty common knowledge for any Tool fan, though to be fair he used to be a little more like a traditional frontman in Tool's early days.

I knew he was eccentric, and didn't like being the center of attention, I didn't expect him to be prcatically absent from the experience [he literally hid in a dark corner of the far end of the stage for the entire show]

I'd have killed to go to the concert Range posted. Tight stage, Active interaction, and Tool's lovely randomness.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got up @ 9:30 Am. Cleaned the kitchen. Wrote the Top 20 Weekly Exp Update. Went to Ace Hardware to get a magnet for the Greenhouse door. Went to Fred's to look for some Christmas lights but they didn't have any. Dad changed into his sun glasses. Came back home. Dad couldn't find his regular glasses so went back to Fred's to look for them but didn't find them. Went back home & he found them in the center console in a glasses case. Ate lunch watching Winter X-Games. Cut up firewood that was by the pole barn. Burned the burnpile, put rocks in the back of the truck & Granddaddy's old tractor cart. Worked on the boat steering was locked up & couldn't move.

I think this is how our posts are supposed to be in this thread, you guys. We need to be more like Matt.

Lol yeah right. [bleep] that.

So what happened to the blog? you stopped posting last Sat.

Just got busy, buddy. I'll be posting an entry tonight.

Something related to tacos.

taco sigs are sooo 2011

Go with a taco bell gordita

I've decided to partake with Ryan/Furah in a "No Fast Food February"

WITH the exception of drinks, and I say that because if you go to a shopping center the only places with drinks ARE take away. (especially Gloria Jeans hot chocolate OGOD)

Popoto.~<3

Got up @ 9:25 Am. Washed off my car, went to Vote, watered the plants in the Greenhouse, cleaned the kitchen. About to eat Lunch & watch LOST Season 1 last Episode, clean the Shower tile.

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

He didn't say "buy bottled water", he said "take a water bottle". I have several bottles I fill with tap water if I'm going somewhere.

Buy three bottles of mineral water. Drink them. Fill with tap water, keep in the fridge.

£1.50 for a near endless supply of fresh, chilled water. 10,000% mark-up? Not here.

Whenever I come home from work, I feel very tired. My job is quite physically and emotionally demanding, but it's near 8pm now, my shift finished at 4pm, and I'm still yawning/gasping for a cup of tea to keep me awake. I used to dungeoneer after work but now I just can't concentrate for long enough to play RS. My Halo performances are erratic when I play on a work day too because my reflexes are slow and I'm not paying attention well enough. Any tips on how stay more "awake" in the evening when you're winding down from work/school?

He didn't say "buy bottled water", he said "take a water bottle". I have several bottles I fill with tap water if I'm going somewhere.

Buy three bottles of mineral water. Drink them. Fill with tap water, keep in the fridge.

£1.50 for a near endless supply of fresh, chilled water. 10,000% mark-up? Not here.

Whenever I come home from work, I feel very tired. My job is quite physically and emotionally demanding, but it's near 8pm now, my shift finished at 4pm, and I'm still yawning/gasping for a cup of tea to keep me awake. I used to dungeoneer after work but now I just can't concentrate for long enough to play RS. My Halo performances are erratic when I play on a work day too because my reflexes are slow and I'm not paying attention well enough. Any tips on how stay more "awake" in the evening when you're winding down from work/school?

What's your sleep schedule like?

Also, tea and coffee are stop-gap solutions to tiredness. Neither of them actually gets to the root of the problem.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

About seven hours, maybe a little less, midnight to 7. I always drink tea, it's pretty much the only thing I drink to be honest. I'll try bringing in water to work and seeing if that changes anything. And yeah I've not been eating well because I can't find enough time to do a food shop (working weekends).

About seven hours, maybe a little less, midnight to 7. I always drink tea, it's pretty much the only thing I drink to be honest. I'll try bringing in water to work and seeing if that changes anything. And yeah I've not been eating well because I can't find enough time to do a food shop (working weekends).

Excuses, excuses. :P

Try sleeping 11-7 instead. And if you make eating/drinking well a priority, the time will find itself. But yeah - drinking lots of water frequently will definitely help.

Another thing with the sleep schedule is to keep it consistent. Even on days you aren't working, try not to stay up too late, and not to get up too late (obviously with some exceptions depending on how much you party or whatever).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

What is your job, may I ask?

Your body's sleep pattern is unique to everyone else's. It's really up to you to figure it out and adjust to it. I used to have the same problem [worked 14 hour shifts with no breaks, went home for 6 hours, then did the same thing the next day every weekend for a year] and it was rough. Eventually my body just got used to it though. I refuse to take naps, and if I'm feeling tired when I need to be awake I'll do certain things pending how much sleep I intend to get that night:

If I want to stay up and do something, it really depends what I want to do and how late I intend on staying up. If I have coffee/monster/hour shots I won't sleep at all and feel like crap later the next day [though I can function fairly well for 30 odd hours at this point]. I like to eat, jump around, listen to fast music, drink a lot of fluids, just stuff that doesn't make my body want to rest and it won't. And nothing puts me to sleep like reading school related books, so if it's late and I'm real desperate for some sleep, I'll actually do my homework readings lol. If you want more energy in your day, I suggest altering your mood. The happier you are, the more energy you'll have. So try to smile and have a good time all the time.

But that's just what works for me, your body is probably drastically different

I just called wrong on 18 coin flips in a row. I'm special.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

who are you and what have you done with Nomrom.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang