Today...

Leoo

typed out a whole elaborate response but I lost it, so eh in a nutshell

it's the "[bleep] off we're full" type of racism that furah is referring to. for the most part it's perpetuated by uneducated white australians (dont read too much into that "white" part, everyone has the capacity to be a bigot). it stems from a retarded sense of entitlement *they have by being born here or having anglo ancestors (in essence white), unless you're one of the two you're "not a real aussie". this translates into : if you're an immigrant you're destroying australian culture and values. it doesnt help when our piss poor press and media (this is a guarantee by the way, every year without fail) run deceitful and misleading features on "australia day racism, the australian flag, so on and so on". added to this there's a culture of drinking here which adds to the jingoism you might hear about.

examples:

[hide]ie3TX.png[/hide]

there's a few yt vids I'd like to post which are humorous in nature but I think Id be banned again (thanks mods).

Realize, i'm making it sound far worse than it actually is. There's always a few bad apples.

typed out a whole elaborate response but I lost it, so eh in a nutshell

it's the "[bleep] off we're full" type of racism that furah is referring to. for the most part it's perpetuated by uneducated white australians (dont read too much into that "white" part, everyone has the capacity to be a bigot). it stems from a retarded sense of entitlement by being born here or having anglo ancestors (in essence white), unless you're one of the two you're "not a real aussie". this translates into : if you're an immigrant you're destroying australian culture and values. it doesnt help when our piss poor press and media (this is a guarantee by the way, every year without fail) run deceitful and misleading features on "australia day racism, the australian flag, so on and so on". added to this there's a culture of drinking here which adds to the jingoism you might hear about.

examples:

[hide]ie3TX.png[/hide]

there's a few yt vids I'd like to post which are humorous in nature but I think Id be banned again (thanks mods).

Realize, i'm making it sound far worse than it actually is. There's always a few bad apples.

'murricah

err

'stralia

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You hear that sort of stuff over here too. Hurr durr they want to ban putting Christmas lights up or hurr durr they want to ban putting the Union Jack on your house when the world cup is on. It's sad when people buy into that sort of rubbish. ¬_¬

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

F on history exam.

3 parts, 230 pts total, matching, multiple choice and essay. Matching and mult. I get about a 90%. Clearly knew the material. Essay is on why the US is or is not a democracy (lol US democracy). I write a decent essay with plenty of good examples (lobbying, electoral college, blacks and women unable to vote, Congress set up to cater to its own members, etc.). 14/100 points ALL OF MY WUT

Apparently because we were supposed to use evidence that we learned in the last semester. Hmm, our units last semester? Industrialization/Immigration, Progressivism, 1920s, Great Depression/New Deal. Only thing I can find that isn't useless is the whole blacks/women unable to vote.

I understand but damn I'm pissed. Why use crappy evidence just to fit a stupid guideline that wasn't made very clear instead of using good solid evidence that I know myself? I got ~90% on the other sections, so CLEARLY I knew my stuff just fine. Talked to her about it and she basically said lolnope.

Not even one point back. This bullshit goes directly on my report card and it's going to [bleep] my semester grade which will also be on report card.

All. My. Rage. Schools are intended to open up creativity and encourage making connections and branching knowledge. Not force you into ridiculous rules that will never be used outside of school. Oh, the best part is that this happened to other kids in my class. My friend, who I know is pretty smart and writes decently, got a 19/100 on the essay.

Rage1-291x300.png

PM me for fitocracy invite

Our national celebration is far more race-inclusive. We celebrate the day the British legally signed an article letting them steal Maori land (essentially).

Waitangi Day.

TBH, I don't even care about it's significance. It's a day off school for me.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Made my appointment, though now my arm is sore from the IV. I think the next one is going back in the arm where I normally get them, not in the hand. At least my arm and hand are mobile again (it was protesting a goodly bit for the first 20 minutes once I got out).

Going skating tomorrow, which will be nice because right now I am bored out of my mind. I also need to remember to pick up a bottle of wine so I'm not showing up to dinner later this week empty handed.

And I didn't even know they still made Vauxhall's. The only one I ever saw was an antique.

Vauxhall's are LITERALLY a Holden, It's just for some reason they changed the company name for international Vehicles. Probably not to piss off the local bogans here who think "Holden's are the true 100% Aussie Car"

Popoto.~<3

I'm pretty sure the laces on my sneakers (particularly the right one) are made of Teflon. Possibly greased Teflon. The right [bleep]er wont stay tied for more than 20 minutes, and the left one is just perpetually lose feeling. Except when I'm with other people. Other people magically glue my laces in place. Round laces blow.

Skating was fun, but I really need to adjust the helmet since it and my skull were having a pretty hearty disagreement about the volume of my head. On the other hand, for anyone who uses a coat hanger around the head to deal with migraines, try adjusting a hockey helmet just a tad too small and see if that's a more practical solution.

But I'm still having a great day :thumbsup:

And grats Skeptic :shades:

Today I've received a conditional offer for my top university choice. Woot!

:thumbup: Congrats!

Yesterday I was in 'petty mode', being a jerk to a girl who stomped on my heart. Not my proudest moment, but I was only text-harassing her so she probably just ignored them anyways. Ah well, hopefully I got all that anger out of the way so I can concentrate on university.. I learned last week that getting a grant for research in genomics was drastically cut this year all around Canada, so my chances of getting a paid summer job in a high tech genomics lab went from being 100% guaranteed to cross my fingers. :ohnoes:

I wish warri0r were still around so we could discuss the state of genetics.

Edited by Randox
hiccup.png

F on history exam.

3 parts, 230 pts total, matching, multiple choice and essay. Matching and mult. I get about a 90%. Clearly knew the material. Essay is on why the US is or is not a democracy (lol US democracy). I write a decent essay with plenty of good examples (lobbying, electoral college, blacks and women unable to vote, Congress set up to cater to its own members, etc.). 14/100 points ALL OF MY WUT

Apparently because we were supposed to use evidence that we learned in the last semester. Hmm, our units last semester? Industrialization/Immigration, Progressivism, 1920s, Great Depression/New Deal. Only thing I can find that isn't useless is the whole blacks/women unable to vote.

I understand but damn I'm pissed. Why use crappy evidence just to fit a stupid guideline that wasn't made very clear instead of using good solid evidence that I know myself? I got ~90% on the other sections, so CLEARLY I knew my stuff just fine. Talked to her about it and she basically said lolnope.

Not even one point back. This bullshit goes directly on my report card and it's going to [bleep] my semester grade which will also be on report card.

All. My. Rage. Schools are intended to open up creativity and encourage making connections and branching knowledge. Not force you into ridiculous rules that will never be used outside of school. Oh, the best part is that this happened to other kids in my class. My friend, who I know is pretty smart and writes decently, got a 19/100 on the essay.

Rage1-291x300.png

That's just ludicrous. If you had an actual support based argument [you did] then you should receive full credit. The question asked if USA was a Democracy or not. You chose an option, and in my opinion had a rather structured counter-point to it's democractic image. I'd have given you a passing grade lol. Kinda want to read it though.

[And for the record the US is truly not a Democracy, it's a Republic. Democracy is the people's self election, a Republic is a government approved list of candidates to be elected]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Heh, Democracy. Garrymandering and party suppression galore. <_<

That really sucks Nom, I imagine the teacher isn't one to think outside the box...which is bad enough, but being a history teacher out of all things...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

And another friend who I know is very smart and put a lot of work into preparing for the exam got a 54/100. If I get it back to keep I'll scan it and give you guys a link or post here or something.

Oh, forgot to mention my point grade was 55, very close to a D-

Bad grades more or so reflect poorly on the teacher so if a majority of students got the same marks as you did, clearly your teacher is doing something wrong.

Also, the University would probably demand that you all be graded on a curve (so that they don't look stupid), so the marks will go up a bit.

Bad grades more or so reflect poorly on the teacher so if a majority of students got the same marks as you did, clearly your teacher is doing something wrong.

Also, the University would probably demand that you all be graded on a curve (so that they don't look stupid), so the marks will go up a bit.

Yes, she added 10 points for each of us to our essays, so my boosted grade was actually a 24/100. And I'm 15 heh

Debate in the same history class one week from today. I have to argue pro Japanese-American internment during WWII. Every argument I've come up with for my own side, I've also shot it down from the other. What do?