Today...

Leoo

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D. The worst of the Star Wars series, but the 3D glasses are modeled after Anakin's pod racing goggles. The goggles alone will make Kid Anakin's acting and JarJar worth it.

Heard about that, but there's some other stuff out now I'd rather see [ie: Act of Valor & Chronicle]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Bad grades more or so reflect poorly on the teacher so if a majority of students got the same marks as you did, clearly your teacher is doing something wrong.

Also, the University would probably demand that you all be graded on a curve (so that they don't look stupid), so the marks will go up a bit.

Yes, she added 10 points for each of us to our essays, so my boosted grade was actually a 24/100. And I'm 15 heh

Debate in the same history class one week from today. I have to argue pro Japanese-American internment during WWII. Every argument I've come up with for my own side, I've also shot it down from the other. What do?

Heh, its funny. I only notice now that I'm so used to dealing pretty much exclusively with post high school people now, that I just assume everyone else is near my peer group unless you give me reason to believe otherwise. I figure you can take that as a compliment though :)

I achieved victory over my helmet. Took it apart and put it back together the next size up. I'll find out for sure next time I go skating, but my test run indicated that it wasn't going to cause a headache next time.

So I went to get my next semester timetable changed to drop my Food Services course. Ended up dropping food services and American history, replaced with pre-calc and the advanced history course for the grade above me. :thumbsup:

New timetable is as follows:

1. Pre-calc
  2. Computer Science
  3. Science
  4. History
  5. Geography

Pretty nice schedule. I'm excited for it to start \:D/

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Debate in the same history class one week from today. I have to argue pro Japanese-American internment during WWII. Every argument I've come up with for my own side, I've also shot it down from the other. What do?

It's a freshman history class, it really does not matter. Those things are more or less designed to favor a side. Just say the main obvious points you can think of for the topic, if the other side "wins," it doesn't matter.

Had my Spanish and Honors Pre-Calc finals today, they were both pretty tough. I'm so [bleep]ing tired, can't wait until this week is over and the new semester starts.

Bad grades more or so reflect poorly on the teacher so if a majority of students got the same marks as you did, clearly your teacher is doing something wrong.

Also, the University would probably demand that you all be graded on a curve (so that they don't look stupid), so the marks will go up a bit.

Yes, she added 10 points for each of us to our essays, so my boosted grade was actually a 24/100. And I'm 15 heh

Use the tactics that people would have used back then. Straight up lying. Say things like the internment camps will be roomy, sanitary, fun, for their own protection and that as soon as the war is over they will be able to return to their homes and live their lives like normal. If the debate is just before the internment camps, then they have no proof to debunk your arguments.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Can you take said goggles out of the cinema?

You're free to do whatever you want with your 3D glasses. They usually want you to "recycle" them (put them in a box so they can repackage them) but they can't stop you from taking them out.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

[hide]so...uhh...

can someone please explain to me why THEPIRATEBAY ISN'T WORKING?!?

you can get to the torrents just fine, but all the data has been removed from them :/[/hide]

EDIT: disregard. I found the problem lol

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't think I know a single person who likes earwigs. They're just nasty with their pincers... I kill them on sight. Bleh.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

F on history exam.

3 parts, 230 pts total, matching, multiple choice and essay. Matching and mult. I get about a 90%. Clearly knew the material. Essay is on why the US is or is not a democracy (lol US democracy). I write a decent essay with plenty of good examples (lobbying, electoral college, blacks and women unable to vote, Congress set up to cater to its own members, etc.). 14/100 points ALL OF MY WUT

Apparently because we were supposed to use evidence that we learned in the last semester. Hmm, our units last semester? Industrialization/Immigration, Progressivism, 1920s, Great Depression/New Deal. Only thing I can find that isn't useless is the whole blacks/women unable to vote.

I understand but damn I'm pissed. Why use crappy evidence just to fit a stupid guideline that wasn't made very clear instead of using good solid evidence that I know myself? I got ~90% on the other sections, so CLEARLY I knew my stuff just fine. Talked to her about it and she basically said lolnope.

Not even one point back. This bullshit goes directly on my report card and it's going to [bleep] my semester grade which will also be on report card.

All. My. Rage. Schools are intended to open up creativity and encourage making connections and branching knowledge. Not force you into ridiculous rules that will never be used outside of school. Oh, the best part is that this happened to other kids in my class. My friend, who I know is pretty smart and writes decently, got a 19/100 on the essay.

Rage1-291x300.png

I'm going to try not to sound like a jerk-off, here goes.

I think there is a difference in philosophy here. In ten years, the likelihood of you remembering any of the details of what you were forced to learn is low, but you will remember how you critically analyzed a body of information. You will retain the ability to read a book, article--whatever the case may be--and internalize it, draw conclusions from it, and translate your argument into a well written essay. This is a skill that can be transposed on many aspects of your life, not just for reading about how Charles Beard (and his wife Mary) was one of the leading Progressive academics :shades: (By the way, there is a ton of information about America's democratic identity in all of those topics you listed) The evidence or answers provided to you may not always be 100% correct or even interesting. That is not the point. The point is to create a controlled environment where you can hone your skills as a critical thinker. Also, if you are pulling random facts out of the air (even if they are true) that are outside the course material, you have no way of citing those sources--unless, of course, you have memorized the citation. If you do not have a source or other cite-able evidence, you cannot make a claim or argument in the field of history.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Fantastic job tonight guys. I'd say tonight was a success in terms of getting everyone on' date=' and really taking a look at how people play. It's important that everyone is always on the same page, and knows exactly what's going on in a team game like this; and tonight we did just that. I feel everyone is on the same page, we know who needs improvement where and the people that do need improvement were talked to about what specifically needs to be done (Level 2 Pidgey Strafe wat?). So with all that being said, here's what we're gonna do.

Rock it.

Then rock it some more.

Then when we're doing rocking it, we're gonna rock it some more after that.

Good luck in the scrims I won't be a part of in the next few days, Joe is going to have them recorded which is awesome, and then we have the tournament on Saturday.

So, in conclusion, good shit tonight guys.

-Animal[/quote']

^ My post on the Facebook page for my team.

Two nights before a big tournament. 5 hour inner-team practices; 1v1's, 2v1's, 3v3's and 4v4's. I feel we've got these scrims and the tournament on lock down. Keep posted for my post on Saturday about the tournament!

And go camping all the time.

Me? Camp? HAHAHA Nope.avi

Quite pissed off at the moment. I get home from work about to cook myself dinner, not only is the kitchen a [bleep]ing bombshell gone off in the meager 3 hours I was gone, ALL the utensils I need havent even been washed. the ONLY frying pan, is sitting on the stove with bits of bacon stuck to it, oil stuck to it, oil splattered all over the kitchen stove.

WHY THE [bleep] ARE THEY STILL LIVING HERE!?!?

Note: Parents Gone away for night, just me, and the horrid teen couple+baby here. (and dog)

EDIT: AND they left the dog locked outside in the Rain. JESUS [bleep]ING CHRIST.

Popoto.~<3

Birthday.

Celebrating by having my heaviest load of classes for the week. Off to 8am Biology followed by 9am calculus. But yeah, it's not like this is an important birthday, no one cares about 19. Also, for those who care, as of yesterday my girlfriend and I have been together one year.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

And go camping all the time.

Yeah but he doesn't remember to bring the only effective defence against Australian bugs and spiders. 100-or-so cans of Aeroguard...

[spoiler= ... and a zippo.]610x.jpg

Birthday.

Happy birthday, good sir.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Suddenly, snowstorm.

I kind of wanted to go to school today too...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Suddenly, snowstorm.

I kind of wanted to go to school today too...

I have a snowstorm here too. I guess it's since we're both Canadian :P

I had work off today anyway though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti