Today...

Leoo

What do you think is "legal" about invading a weak nation and claiming it as your own?

Your homeland shares a border with Russia. ARE YOU A PUTIN SUPPORTER 

I'm mostly kidding, but I am curious how the situation can be perceived as "legal". Threatening to invade a country isn't cool. Especially when the public is literally rioting because their president liked you a little too much.

(and thank god people are posting here again, I was getting intensely bored; I'd thought I broke the thread with my last post)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I spilled seltzer water on my laptop. My nice laptop. My Toshiba Satellite, which can't be opened even with all the screws out/doesn't have a removable battery/costs obscene amounts of money/was a gift from intimidating grandfather.

It's currently upside down in the oven in the hopes that it can be saved. God rest its soul.

#firstworldproblems

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I spilled seltzer water on my laptop. My nice laptop. My Toshiba Satellite, which can't be opened even with all the screws out/doesn't have a removable battery/costs obscene amounts of money/was a gift from intimidating grandfather.

It's currently upside down in the oven in the hopes that it can be saved. God rest its soul.

#firstworldproblems

Never put a laptop in the oven... Just let it dry for a couple of days then it's good.

What do you think is "legal" about invading a weak nation and claiming it as your own?

Your homeland shares a border with Russia. ARE YOU A PUTIN SUPPORTER 

I'm mostly kidding, but I am curious how the situation can be perceived as "legal". Threatening to invade a country isn't cool. Especially when the public is literally rioting because their president liked you a little too much.

I am not a Putin supporter.

But Russia is yet to claim Crimea as theirs. It hasn't been said so even once.

Did anyone listen to Putin's press conference last night? Was pretty interesting, if somewhat skewed. Rational talk, most of the time.

Yanukovych, the reigning president (legally) officially asked for Russian aid.

Nothing is purely black and white in here. Russia has nothing to win by annexing Crimea or Ukraine. Having friendly rulers or even puppets is different talk. But as I said, were Russia to annex or occupy Crimea, a bloody resistance war would begin. Right now Crimean own extreme activists are to blame.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Legality means very little when you have no executive power and no influence over the judiciary. Yanukovych saw the mobs coming, panicked, and ran to Putin as a last gambit to keep power.

Yanukovych has about as much control of that country as you or I.

I hope you marinated it first.

The seltzer water was lime flavoured does that count

At least the keyboard smells like fruit now

• Like 1

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Bike decided that 2 wheels on the ground wasn't fun enough, and that the rest of the bike and me should join it.

It hurts. A lot.

Nothing broken, though it does kinda feel like it. :wall:

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I told mum I didn't have to go to TAFE (College) on a friday because everything we were doing, we had on study papers as our teacher prints hard copies of the work in case we cant make classes. She went off her [bleep] because "you're an effing lair, you do have to go to TAFE no matter what, etc etc", being lectured by a teen mom who barely finished school and hasn't worked a day in her life, let alone studied after school.

Popoto.~<3

Maybe she's consciously aware of her own failures, and doesn't want you to walk down the same line?

I think Mums only nag for what they think is best for their children. At least recognise that she's trying to care, even if you think it's misguided.

I spilt coffee all over my MacBook Pro this morning, aka read spilt $2 cup of coffee on 2k+ machine.. The machine is toast, so I had to buy a new laptop with money I didn't really want to spend, but I need my computer to make my living so it had to be done. In the process of recovering my HDD. 

In some way I'm considering this karma for making that bad joke last night about Nex's laptop..  

• Like 4
tFtfA.jpg

For future reference, if electronics get wet you (a)remove any source or power and (b) immerse it in (dry) rice for a couple days. Rice is a desiccant, so unless you have a lot of those packages you find in pill bottles that say 'do not eat' lying around, it's usually the best bet for drying things out asap (you can even get fresh rice at 24 hours to keep it sucking as much moisture as possible). Of course, it really only works for water. Spill something that gets sticky and you're on your own.

Been watching the Ukraine thing. Not gonna lie, that makes me a bit nervous. Admitting that I probably don't know enough about Ukraines situation to fill a 5 minute power point and what I do know is almost certainly a combination of propaganda and misinformation via incompetence (When your parents work for the Government, it paints a very interesting picture of the difference between what is happening on at least one side, and what the media understands), I do have a thought.

Lets say Canada was headed for a Civil War, and France got really worried about the french population in Quebec. I'd be pissed if they decided to occupy one our provinces, and started interfering with our military. It's the same reason I object to Canada calling a lot of what we do peacekeeping. It's only peace keeping if both parties invite you to play mediator. Otherwise, it's an invasion/occupation, which to me, is an act of war because you are interfering with a nation's sovereignty. I'm also wondering if 'to protect our interests' is an accurate translation of what Russia said, because I'm having a very difficult time believing they would come right out and say that. That would be tantamount to the US declaring they were invading Venezuela to protect the oil, at least as it translates in North American english (maybe it means something different in European).

As an interesting note though, since this kind of hinges on who you consider their legitimate leader and who actually said what, I could totally see countries like Canada and the US in a situation where a leader they like has been thrown out and requested our help, and using that as an excuse for a 'peacekeeping mission'. That's kind of a sobering realization for me actually. I mean I've always taken it for granted that the US, Canada, Britain, etc absolutely do engage in propaganda, and not just in war time. Just never really had that look in the mirror moment before.

Oh, and I'm thinking that I might be getting diagnosed with Diabetes pretty soon. I've pretty much checked off all the symptoms for both type 1 and ketoacidosis, except for the vomiting (and death, obviously) over the last two days. Got to the closest I can remember being to phoning myself an ambulance, but I guess figuring out what was going on and then making it my mission to drink all the water was enough for my body to keep things alright for the time being, but something very clearly went wrong in my body, and since the symptoms for diabetes seem to be pretty unique, it seems like a good place to start. Might answer some other questions too, assuming that's the problem and depending on how long it's been a problem.

In about 12 hours I'm leaving for Italy and England. First time on a plane + first time leaving the US of A.

That'll be an adventure, hope you enjoy both the trip and the flight. Pack a snack (but nothing with liquids or gels :P)

I always find it strange how many people haven't flow before 18.. People who haven't flow post-18 is mind-blowing to me, since I fly on average once ever 6 months. Since december I've flow 2 round trips, 1 one-way, and I just left this morning on my current trip to Austin, TX.

tFtfA.jpg

I always find it strange how many people haven't flow before 18.. People who haven't flow post-18 is mind-blowing to me, since I fly on average once ever 6 months. Since december I've flow 2 round trips, 1 one-way, and I just left this morning on my current trip to Austin, TX.

I remember when I was in Junior High, there was no shortage of people who had never even left the country, and I've definitely traveled more than most people I know, and further as well. Not regularly though, I probably only fly every two or three years.