Today...

Leoo

These are all separate things on the ace spectrum. You might think the last two are kind of inconsistent, but remember that we live in a world where love at first sight is a thing, where talk about attractive celebrities or people inevitably falls to "I'd bang them," especially about women. The last two are just ways to distance yourself from that culture, because it feels ubiquitous. If they're inconsistent-which I don't think they are- it's because human psychology is inconsistent.

I don't believe in love of first sight, and I don't generally talk about I want to bang attractive celebrities - I distance myself from that culture by my actions, not a label. I don't consider myself to be anywhere on the ace spectrum.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

These are all separate things on the ace spectrum. You might think the last two are kind of inconsistent, but remember that we live in a world where love at first sight is a thing, where talk about attractive celebrities or people inevitably falls to "I'd bang them," especially about women. The last two are just ways to distance yourself from that culture, because it feels ubiquitous. If they're inconsistent-which I don't think they are- it's because human psychology is inconsistent.

I don't believe in love of first sight, and I don't generally talk about I want to bang attractive celebrities - I distance myself from that culture by my actions, not a label. I don't consider myself to be anywhere on the ace spectrum.
Okay? That's fine, you don't have to. Some people just find it more comfortable to do so.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

How do you like the electric kit? I had an electric kit for a while but I ultimately sold it since I only ever played my acoustic kit. The response just wasn't the same for me. (But damn, rolls were easy on it)

It's taking some getting used to but I like it so far! I still definitely prefer my acoustic but the acoustic kit takes up way too much space and is way too loud to practice with when I'm off at school, so it was this or basically go another 8 months without playing again, and I really didn't want to do that. The hardest adjustment for me right now is getting used to the hi-hat; the pedal feels dramatically different than a real hi-hat pedal and there are a lot of nuances that the kit doesn't really pick up on. It might be a good thing though; it will definitely force me to play a lot cleaner. I'm still really excited about this, I guess I'll have to see if I still like it as much in a few months.

Yeah I tried going that route these past two years and it just led to me not playing at all :/ I lost interest in marching band-styled snare drumming after high school so it became incredibly difficult to stay motivated to practice that kind of stuff, even if it is applicable to everything. I'm really hoping having the electric kit up here changes that lol.

Today I fixed my toilet with a piece of twine and a chain link so I guess that's something

Went to an Indian frat party last night. Me and my friend were the only two white people there. Indians know how to get crazy.

India Indians or American Indians?

Been 10 days of the most intense studying i've done, probably in my life. Averaging 1100 questions a day (about 9 - 11 hours work depending on subject). Tomorrow will finally be my last exam for 2 months. Hopefully i can make it 5 out of 5. Pretty much exhausted by now. Can't wait to get back home, sleep in my own bed, watch the sun set at a "normal" time, and play some xbox. D3 RoS is waiting. 

Just moved back into school for my (hopefully) last year of college. I don't know whether to feel excited or scared yet that I'm almost at that point where I face the real world.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I can also confirm Indians can [bleep]ing party. They might be my favorite (thats sounds weird to say)

The past couple nights have been so drunk filled with friends leaving for schools and careers. New people moving in, its been emotional. Its been real

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

At Target today, I spent like $60 on groceries. Right after I finished the transaction and my receipt came out, the lady said "Oh crap, how much did you spend?" and I told her 60. She said "Let me see your receipt." I had no idea what was going on, but she took it, refunded it, rescanned it and something else, and then gave me back my receipt and a $10 bill. She said someone left behind a spend 50+, get 10 off coupon that she let me use :)

• Like 2
2s0cxth.png

I've arrived back home after a ~6 day vacation to Chicago with my parents. It was my first time being there, and it was pretty awesome. We did most all of the standard touristy stuff, which was enjoyable. Easily the highlight for me was visiting the Art Institute of Chicago. I've been somewhat interested in art for a while now, but going to the museum and seeing paintings right in front of you that you'd only ever seen before in textbooks or online was amazing and really reinvigorated my interest in the topic. Seeing a Jackson Pollock piece in person was crazy, with how you could see the paint in like three dimensions physically protruding from the canvas. The place was absolutely huge, you probably would've needed multiple days to view every piece and read all the plaques and stuff. art is cool!!!!

o ya the view from the sears tower and stuff was pretty sick too i might post a picture sooner or later

So I applied to this job that is busy work stuff in a lab (testing urine samples for uranium and stuff), and the job requirements said high school diploma and a high school level Chemistry class. I applied because I haven't been able to find anything in an IT department and I'm tired of sitting on my ass.

Let's just say I felt like I was waaaaay over-qualified for the job. My younger sister has worked there and she's a sophomore in college and says that people work there who literally haven't studied the sciences much at all.

Got an email today that said I didn't meet the requirements for the job. I triple checked, and there's literally nothing in the job description I can't do. I could do that shit without four years in college.

So I guess my self-esteem took a big hit. If I can't even get a job like this, wtf am I supposed to do...

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Passed with 89%. Satisfied.

~30 hours left in Greece. Time to unwind a bit.

EDIT: Kind of a shitty feeling knowing that the 5 i passed were all the easy ones. Question bank for the 5 i took totaled at ~2500 questions. Next session will be ~4200 and the one after that ~4300. Only have about a week to rest, then it's back to the grind.

Sometimes jobs with very minimum requirements won't take people who are over qualified. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that shit happens all the time. I've been turned away from similar entry level jobs simply because the pay wouldn't make my experience, the work is just busy-work, bs reasonings you don't actually care about, but people feel like they're doing you a favor. 

tFtfA.jpg

Sometimes jobs with very minimum requirements won't take people who are over qualified. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that shit happens all the time. I've been turned away from similar entry level jobs simply because the pay wouldn't make my experience, the work is just busy-work, bs reasonings you don't actually care about, but people feel like they're doing you a favor. 

I always thought it's because they didn't want to hire people who would always be looking for better opportunities that they're actually qualified for and will most likely leave in a couple months.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I always thought it's because they didn't want to hire people who would always be looking for better opportunities that they're actually qualified for and will most likely leave in a couple months.

I think people who are "over-qualified" for a job often get turned down because they're more likely to get bored of the job faster than someone that meets the requirements "perfectly". And if you get bored of a job because you're over-qualified and not challenged enough, you're more likely to look for something else, thus creating unnecessary turn-over. So in a way, from an employers point of view, it's better not to employ someone who's over-qualified. 

I obviously have some desire to have the job if I applied for it >.>

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I got a new laptop today to replace my old netbook that I've had for four years. It was surprisingly difficult to find a lightweight laptop with a good battery life, but this one's really good - it's 13" and the battery lasts for 8 hours even without any power saving. The screen is kind of crap, but otherwise it's amazing. It cost €650, though, which is a bit more than I wanted to pay... oh well, it should last for my remaining four years of university.

Also, the router that I bought a year ago doesn't seem to work anymore after being unused for the summer. It disconnects every 15 minutes or so. It's still under warranty, but the idiots at the store will probably just take it for a month and then give it back "repaired". Maybe I should just buy a new one.

Runar, what laptop did you end up getting? I've been looking for one to purchase as of late and would like to see it.

A Dell Latitude 3340 (with i3 CPU). This one came with Ubuntu instead of Windows though (I bought it from a Finnish store).