Today...

Leoo

"What are we serving for dinner tonight?"

"Le graphics card!"

Baking it sounds like an amusing solution but yeah apparently it can work :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Is baking your graphics card like sticking your iPhone in the microwave to charge it?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Is baking your graphics card like sticking your iPhone in the microwave to charge it?

no, reflow soldering.

You heat up the solder, it gets all melty and then everything sets properly. Although I heard that braising it can make it overclock 3% faster.

(something with realigning the electrons, for gullible people).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yesterday I re-watched all 3 Peter Jackson LotR films for the first time in ~ 10 yrs. I hadn't noticed before that they just leave Saruman stuck in Isengard, guarded by the Ents, and don't close that plot hole at all. So as far as the casual viewer knows, Saruman is stuck there indefinitely.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I wish I got the Tip.it memo that we're cutting back on our drinking, I could used that Saturday when I was hanging at the beach. 

I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of us did this at the same time.

I missed my first class of the semester today, which is [bleep]ing hilarious.  Apparently they changed the building it was in so my friend and I went to the wrong place, tried to fix our mistake but managed to go to the wrong building even further from the correct one and then gave up because we were a 20 minute walk from the class when it started and it was only a 50 minute class.

It all came full circle for me though, since I missed my first ever class in college by going to the wrong place.

Also I used the oven to re-flow the solder in my xbox recently, and my previously non-functional xbox now works again. So I can confirm that it's a thing.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Yesterday I re-watched all 3 Peter Jackson LotR films for the first time in ~ 10 yrs. I hadn't noticed before that they just leave Saruman stuck in Isengard, guarded by the Ents, and don't close that plot hole at all. So as far as the casual viewer knows, Saruman is stuck there indefinitely.

The funny thing is, they actually did film a scene where that plot thread is brought to an end - but for some reason it didn't even make the extended cut.

At my new job I'm supposed to be on-call for Thursdays and Fridays, then scheduled all day Saturday and Sunday. So I get a text about 3 hours after the store opens on Monday yesterday from my boss saying "you don't have to come in today". I didn't even see it until 3 hours after that so when I read it I laughed pretty hard. [bleep] thought I was home just waiting for a call-in to make a whopping $30 like some kind of '50s high school girl waiting by the phone for a guy to ask her to prom. Hell no. I even told her not to contact me on Mondays. 

I think I've come to terms with the fact that I dont actually like the Lord of the Rings films

I don't like how much Peter Jackson felt entitled to change from the book, but I can tolerate the films. The only good change was all the extra screen time for Arwen (Liv Tyler). 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Funnily enough, those were two of the changes I liked least. I thought Sam worked as a servant - it fitted the sort of neo-medieval aspect of high fantasy, while the films make it into something too much like a bromance and decidedly modern. And Aragorn struck me as being oddly hung up on Isildur given he died 2000+ yrs prior. 

I should also clarify that the extra exposition for Arwen I liked mainly because it was extra exposure to Liv Tyler.

The hobbits trilogy was super disappointing imo

• Like 1

honestly tho campbell's chunky soups are where it's at. so much flavor and fillingness for like $1.50 a can MMPH and it takes less effort to prepare than even [bleep]ing easy mac

What are your favorite kinds?

Although I'm not Kalphite.... I personally enjoy the beef stew, ham and potato chowder, basic chicken noodle, and most of their other "creamy" type soups. A lot of the variety chicken and beef soups that they make all sort of taste the same, and I really don't care for those. A lot of the watery soups just feel way too salty for my personal tastes.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Today I sent off my application to study abroad for a year. I had to choose three places and universities in order of preference and for years I had wanted to go to Germany as I've learnt German for a number of years and it would be my dream to be fluent one day... But the prospect of not only studying but having to be an effective communicator in another language was fairly fainting and after much feel deliberation I chose new Zealand as my first choice, Canada as my second preference and Germany as my final choice just so I don't fully give up on it but I need to brush up on my language skills if I end up going there.

I did not have a good night's sleep, fell asleep twice before bedtime, couldn't get back to sleep, then nightmares, etc...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I had some weird shit happen to me last night where I was like asleep but not really but I was dreaming and I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't quite control it. And sometimes I would be dreaming and also awake so I was just seeing things in my room. But I could wake up whenever and also immediately go back to the weird dreaming thing I was doing.

I guess it was kind of lucid dreaming meets sleep paralysis. It was kinda cool but also really uncomfortable.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Our school has been asking us to set a longer/more secure password. I think they're employing more subtle encouragement now.

hcSU50r.png

• Like 4

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My grandfather just passed away. My initial reaction wasn't as exaggerated as my sister's, but I doubt I'll be "over it" any time soon