Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

Second, I am ecstatic about PvP Worlds...

But... I don't see why all content from October onward is PvP based... They are giving the loudmouth minority a large chunk of content with the PvP World.... Shouldn't that be enough?

okay this is way off topic but you seriously dont understand how the world works, that is how it always is, and this may sound racist but i am from waukegan il. (look up the demographics if you want) and the highschool is minority white, it used to be majority white. then the african-americans and hispanics started complaining so more and more stuff was made to suit them, while the majority only lost, now my school is like 50% esl(cant speak good english basicly) so yea and now when white people try to speak up to get better stuff for us and the rest of the school we are pushed aside as we are still seen as "majority" even though we are not.

ot: i just want my freaking ginormous quest already

Reading this made me scared.

OT:

OMFG!!!, it's finally here i've been waiting for ages!!111!YES

This Halloween event is going to be awesome, I can't believe it's here.

And PK'ing might be cool.

1yrb49.jpg

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after so many months of nothing we actually have something! or so it seems.

i am siked for pvp worlds obviously and im glad that u can fight players ur own combat level instead of elsewhere*cough* bh *cough*

and to add that we have halloween event!

awesome. hopefully this pvp thing wont go wrong.

PKing!!!! Hooray!!! :thumbsup: 'nuff said.

Anyways, i just hope they dont only have the good pvp items available for members, as f2p pking was a big part back then. And also because im losing membership in 22 days...

Staurolite.png

I'm most excited for the new pvp worlds, simply because of the economic effect it will have =)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

a new wave of people to hate on summoning...but w/e what wins 20 more str levels or 18 more sharks... :oops: probably the str lol just because of the fact they can hit over 20 lol

But you can heal 360hp with those 18 extra sharks. while you constantly hit them they hit you but you have a more constant supply of food while theirs is dwindling down. So you might win because you have more food or you could have 18 more brews. 18 brews is 1224 hp so you would def win that fight if the other person was using shrimps.

Which they wont be but you'll still win

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

New quest = 1 more QP = 270 QP total = 60k trade limit \'

I like the events for the 5 minutes I'm participating in them, then I forget about them. I usually destroy the item afterwards and never think about it again. As for PvP worlds, I might check them out (in my full bronze armor lulz) and see if the new rewards are really worth scrapping the entire drop system for those worlds.

Now all that's left on my mind is what the Halloween item will be... I say it should be some sort of shield, there haven't been any holiday shields (like I dunno... A Book of the Damned or something?)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

New quest = 1 more QP = 270 QP total = 60k trade limit \'

I like the events for the 5 minutes I'm participating in them, then I forget about them. I usually destroy the item afterwards and never think about it again. As for PvP worlds, I might check them out (in my full bronze armor lulz) and see if the new rewards are really worth scrapping the entire drop system for those worlds.

Now all that's left on my mind is what the Halloween item will be... I say it should be some sort of shield, there haven't been any holiday shields (like I dunno... A Book of the Damned or something?)

Depending on what animations the book of the damned can do, that may make a kickass holiday item.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the pvp update to come out and I REALLY hope the H'ween item will be the flying broomstick which lost by like 1% in the 07 poll to the stupid Grim Reaper Hood. Come on people!!! A stupid Grim Reaper Hood when you could fly!?

erasig.jpg

a new wave of people to hate on summoning...but w/e what wins 20 more str levels or 18 more sharks... :oops: probably the str lol just because of the fact they can hit over 20 lol

But you can heal 360hp with those 18 extra sharks. while you constantly hit them they hit you but you have a more constant supply of food while theirs is dwindling down. So you might win because you have more food or you could have 18 more brews. 18 brews is 1224 hp so you would def win that fight if the other person was using shrimps.

HA HA, oh dear. Some guy tried pking too :P . Brews are good yes, but if you only have brews for healing you are in much trouble. In the time you heal 15 hp you will have to drink a restore potion too, giving me enough time to lay another 15 on you, causing you to drink the brew and the restore potion again.

Unless you have a mayor defence level and armour, you will get whacked hard.

I would love to fight you in the pvp worlds, not because of my stats, but because of your tactics :P

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I found this bts very weak. I know someone will question me why.

Im no fan of PvP and arent really exited about the worlds.

The halloween update should be interesting.

A new f2p quest? sounds like sheep shearer 2 or something.

Il just have to wait and see if jagex can prove me wrong.

I thought they said the quest would only be out for 2 weeks?

I read the bts again, the halloween themed quest will be available for f2p players for 2 weeks while members can do this quest whenever they like.

There is also the halloween holiday event which is not the quest.

and PvP servers.

Here is my release plan i think they will be doing:

-> Current Week (Nothing New)

-> PvP Worlds

-> Nothing (We need time to let the PvP worlds sink in)

-> Halloween Quest (The holiday event might be this week aswell with nothing next week.)

-> Halloween Holiday Event

Atleast that's how I think this month will look like.

Seems boring to me, the updates will be nice but I always looked forward to an update every week - they'll only be one quest every couple of months now and we won't get many small updates which can be enjoyable. It's nice having more big updates, but if you aren't interested the BTS will be quite dull. :(

imagangster.png

they'll only be one quest every couple of months now and we won't get many small updates which can be enjoyable.
Did you even read the BTS? There will be One large game update a month which could be a new skill, minigame, big quest, and at least one or two smaller updates which could vary from minor game changes, small additions, easy quests etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

they'll only be one quest every couple of months now and we won't get many small updates which can be enjoyable.
Did you even read the BTS? There will be One large game update a month which could be a new skill, minigame, big quest, and at least one or two smaller updates which could vary from minor game changes, small additions, easy quests etc.
Doesn't sound so bad when you say it like that. :P I treated the Halloween quest and event as one really, it seems strange that F2P get a quest for 2 weeks whereas members get a quest forever, and as we get a Holiday event every year I thought it was just Pking worlds really this month.

We normally got 3 updates a month so I guess it won't be much change, I was thinking we got 4 updates a month and we'd only get 2 updates instead. I admit I didn't read this BTS as thoroughly as I normally do. :oops:

imagangster.png

Heh, me and a friend are gonna camp the camelot spawn point with ancients just to piss people off. :twss:

I'd hope spawn points were "safe" to at least give people a chance at re-stocking.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Heh, me and a friend are gonna camp the camelot spawn point with ancients just to piss people off. :twss:

I'd hope spawn points were "safe" to at least give people a chance at re-stocking.

Did you even read the BTS? #-o

Those that want to get involved will find a number of differences to the usual set-up on PvP worlds. Firstly, youll be able to fight people pretty much anywhere, so long as their Combat level is similar to yours (within a certain range of levels). This means that almost everywhere is dangerous. Some places, like banks and respawn points, will be deemed safe and no combat will be able to occur there

OT: I am looking forward to the PvP updates simply because I never really got a chance to be a pk'er the first time around. Now at least my levels are high enough to have some fun.

Holiday events are always fun, but I think the pvp updates are really going to recharge the community right where they need it. I mean, regardless of how many limitations there will be (and trust me, there WILL be some) it will still be enjoyable to the majority of the PvP community. More enjoyable than BH I would think.

dawnsigblue-3.png

HA HA, oh dear. Some guy tried pking too :P . Brews are good yes, but if you only have brews for healing you are in much trouble. In the time you heal 15 hp you will have to drink a restore potion too, giving me enough time to lay another 15 on you, causing you to drink the brew and the restore potion again.

Unless you have a mayor defence level and armour, you will get whacked hard.

I would love to fight you in the pvp worlds, not because of my stats, but because of your tactics :P

Ofcourse the storage familairs aren't quite as good in pvp as normally.. However with other summons you can get some quite funny combinations: steel titans really pack some heavy damage.. And what about the ravenous locust? Destroying enemies food seems like pretty awesome! (guaranteed "18" damage), especially in longer fights where you can use more specials summons become handy: so in cases you wield the new divine shield! a bob might be usefull (pray restore).. Btw I can eat a potato + drink 1 brew (and if really neeeded, eat a pineapple) in 1 hit so:

(15+24)+(15+24)+(24+prayer).. In 3 hits: that seems quite usefull! - However that would require your bob to fill with 2 brew, 1 sup restores and 12 potatoes (topped with extra stuff like anti, and super str/att).

Healing a total of 8*15+12*24=408 hp +88 pray (which stands for another 176 hp if you stretch the fight long enough).

This almost doubles the amount of health a normal player wields: so you can get hit twice as much!

However as said earlier: there are better uses for summons: titans can pack some heavy damage as well as give some nice boosts. Even kyatts can give a good first strike: and hence giving you a well advantage. (often it is the person who first has to eat looses). And I think a combo like: ravenous locust + divine shield + dds is very usefull as a skiller to keep pkers away.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

look at the stealing creations picture:

new kind of bronze armor with iron trim and the ranger is wielding same sort of new bow and chainmail. The mage is wielding common green runecrafting robes and hat. Jagex talks of higher level armors, means that runite with dragon trimmed? :o

(in my imagination ofcourse)

StealingCreation.jpg

Mobilising armies picture:

looks at the mage in red runecraft robes on top of cornertower. It is maybe better than common runecraft robes and can be linked with the trapdoor in the rc guild. Who knows.

MobilisingArmies.jpg

greedy44.png

Interesting nonetheless with the pvp worlds being released this month. I am quite intrigued to see the rewards and what not for that. I do think it is a shame to have the updates cut back though. It is basically a hit or miss with the big update. You like it or you don't like it. It is that simple. If you like it, it could be a good month for you. If you don't like it, it is going to be a bad month for you. Most of the time when there were more updates, it would be mediocre months. So who knows if this strategy will pay off in the end.

(I personally am not a fan of the mobilizing mini game one. Just not my cup of tea.)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg