October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

OH MY GOD!!!!! Corrupted dragon for f2p???? I thought this day would never come!!!

This update will probably take me out of retirement. I've always waited for good pvp to come back. How much are these things worth? And can f2p use the special attacks that come with the weapons? If it does, I'ma get me 20 corrupted daggers and finally have a finishing move in f2p.

Thank God I sold all my members stuff before I quit. I now have 42m to spend on whatever the hell I need for pking. I'm so excited :ohnoes:

And wildy pking is back... woot woot! The wild is dangerous again besides revs! Wait... if we can pk in the wild, do we really need revs anymore?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of this corrupt dragon stuff. 500k for something that lasts 30 minutes? not cool imo. :(

At least it's better than nothing. And dragon daggers + other items with special attacks are pretty cheap aren't they?

I'm not a fan of this corrupt dragon stuff. 500k for something that lasts 30 minutes? not cool imo. :(

Think of it like barrows items for F2P. And keep in mind its 30 minutes of combat, not 30 mins period. If you only use the dds a few seconds each fight, for its specials, it will last you quite a number of fights(assuming you dont lose it).

dawnsigblue-3.png

Yes thats a good point. But the secret is to not revael your Dragon Dager then. never show it to your opponent except when you KO him...

"Say 'ello to my lirro frennn"

lol, but if lots of people have them people will be expecting it :)

i wonder if i went into f2p now wereing like a dragon dagger or scim if people would just start running away cuase they think imma wtfpwn them...

WHAHAHAHA!!!! DOOOO ITTTTT :twisted:

as soon as i can get back onto runescape i shall :)

this feels liek something out of "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" lol

your fighting some guy with rune scim and they got like zammy armour

then BAM!!

whip out dds and 20-20 spec him and he dies

got one last night, was like "wtf is this?"

gonna scare some people today lol

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Im still wondering about how this 75k is calculated, can anyone explain?

Does it include items that arent within the regular 0 or 3 items but that are protected by item prot?

Yeah, anything that you lose on death is calculated in. If you have protect item on, that lowers the value, as you then keep 1 or 4 items.

If it doesnt, will turning off the prot prayer let you get points for it or is it always 1/4 items.

You're right. Some people take 75k worth of items but use protect item until attacking someone :P

Do your accumulated "hot zone" points go away if you suddenly fall below the 75k limit? (drinking a ppot dose for example, or turning on prot prayer if the previous points are both false).

Do your points go away the instant you enter a safe zone (chasing runners into banks)?

How long does it take to accumulate the max amount of points?

No idea for any of these, I would assume the accumulated hot zone points do go away when you enter a safe zone.

Do untradeable items somehow count for the 75k limit (high alch prizes)?

In BH, they did. Heck, a charged DFS was only a blue skull because it was untradable but alched for 1.2m lol. So I would assume so.

Will your points vanish if you lose your skull status and thus fall below the 75k limit?

Probably.

What matters more in the calculation of the drop, your own points or the loot the enemy would drop (see the dragonfire shield mentioned before).

No idea.

What would be a good example of a outfit that is strong yet only slightly above 75k?

There are so many possibilities here... so idk, but I think people have been using fremmy helms and dds with random other gear.

Would holding massive amounts of junk? (noted granite, or soemthing similar) count for your 75k limit?

That is a VERY good question, I would assume so... Heck I'm sure some people have been pking with like 80 addy arrows p++ in invent for their 75k limit lol :P

If the above is true, could a few players turn junk into cash in acceptable amounts?

Thats a very good question again... I don't know.

Does proselyte count for the 75k limit (it costs money yet is untradeable, right?)

It's tradable, so yes.

Does standing in a hotzone without fighting give you points (I found a few spots that are considered hot, yet noone ever goes there)

Probably.

Oh, btw apparently you CAN get your torsos and capes back but just like Corp Beast, you only have 1 minute. My friend apparently died quite a few times with torso and got it back. But he ended up losing his torso for like the 5th time in his RS career... for the same reason as every single other time. He got a maze >.<

This makes void VERY high risk... I mean, if I can make 500k an hour, void is worth like what, 2.5-3.5 to me? Not many people tend to look at it like that. Though you gotta subtract about 250k for the cash gotten back from the games and stuff. Torsos and defenders not as much, torsos of course still being worth a lot.

But please, someone TEST IT BEFORE THEY TRY IT. I don't wanna be the one taking all the blame when someone loses their torso because of something I said that I haven't personally tested but that my friend has. But its supposedly a 1 minute timer to get your stuff back, and in old wilderness it was 2.

I hope to try pvp worlds soon... cause I didn't get to yesterday. A lot of people say they're good, others say they're bad. Jagex needs to tweak a few mechanics and then it is great.

I expect to see sigs saying "December 10th 2007 the death of RuneScape. October 15th 2008 the resurrection of RuneScape" sometime soon XD

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Corrupt dragon have no special attacks?

spearbk8.png

It started degrading when I equipped it

Oi, i betetr cancel all those corrupted drag dagger offers i had #-o

Thats for asking some of my questions totalpwnage, its too bad most of these will remain a mystery sicne theres always random factors involved and it would cost loads to test it.

I litteraly detest the GE right now

Try buying some sharks or dragon daggers to pk with, you will probably see your offer returned in the next week or so <_<

*rages onward, while getting killed because of monkfish being my main food now*

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Combat Level Changes

On a PvP World, the combat levels will work the way they have since the PvP World update. On non-PvP Worlds, they will work like they did before the update, except for Bounty Hunter (including around the crater entrances) where you will always use your combat level without Summoning, regardless of whether you have access to a familiar or not.

Kill Changes

Whoever did the most damage to the victim will still get the loot as long as they are within viewing distance of the target when it dies. If the killer is too far away at the time of death, the loot will be given to whoever dealt the finishing blow.

Additionally, we have also fixed the magic interface, so there should no longer be a random blank space in there.

Quick find code: 15-16-497-57754319

the new update

13zwenn.png

Kill Changes.Whoever did the most damage to the victim will still get the loot as long as they are within viewing distance of the target when it dies. If the killer is too far away at the time of death, the loot will be given to whoever dealt the finishing blow.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: im glad they updated that.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

[hide=Quotes - DD in F2P]

Yes thats a good point. But the secret is to not revael your Dragon Dager then. never show it to your opponent except when you KO him...

"Say 'ello to my lirro frennn"

lol, but if lots of people have them people will be expecting it :)

i wonder if i went into f2p now wereing like a dragon dagger or scim if people would just start running away cuase they think imma wtfpwn them...

WHAHAHAHA!!!! DOOOO ITTTTT :twisted:

as soon as i can get back onto runescape i shall :)

this feels liek something out of "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" lol

your fighting some guy with rune scim and they got like zammy armour

then BAM!!

whip out dds and 20-20 spec him and he dies

got one last night, was like "wtf is this?"

gonna scare some people today lol

[/hide]I was thinking this myself, however I think the special attacks are members only. :( (RS Wiki). Dark Bows in Multicombat = Instant KO. =P~
imagangster.png

Seriously, guys. Would you be disappointed if I told you that any members' only items worn on free worlds have their stats reduced to zero? All of them.

Okay, pardon, I didn't expect Jagex to go as low as giving free players member items.

Profins.png

specty.png

Seriously, guys. Would you be disappointed if I told you that any members' only items worn on free worlds have their stats reduced to zero? All of them.

No, because it always has been like that.

Yes, I've known that for quite a while now. But I was surprised by people saying how they'll own in f2p worlds with dds, whips and whatnot. My bad.

Profins.png

specty.png

I litteraly detest the GE right now

Try buying some sharks or dragon daggers to pk with, you will probably see your offer returned in the next week or so <_<

*rages onward, while getting killed because of monkfish being my main food now*

You do realize that there are multiple stores that sell dragon daggers...? I guess you could fish sharks, not sure what else to do about those, but you don't HAVE to buy a dragon dagger from the GE.

And F2P can use corrupted dragon weapons right? If so, then they have access to a dds + d long. Although admittedly, the only one that seems to have a use is the DDS. You could pull it out for specials I guess.

No, because it always has been like that.

Yes, I've known that for quite a while now. But I was surprised by people saying how they'll own in f2p worlds with dds, whips and whatnot. My bad.

Aha, I had a feeling but I wasn't sure.

Meh, imo, if whole F2P has access to them it's balanced...in a way...

2) People are taking turns killing each other for massive profits. This will destroy the economy and will also enable RWTs to make huge profits. To fix this, simply make it where you can only obtain loot from killing a character on a specific IP address once every fifteen minutes or four times an hour. It has to be based off IP addresses or else RWTs could just switch accounts. Having it based off IPs makes it much more difficult for them to circumvent.

I thought I'd point out something on this from the locked thread. Just for everyone to know, if you don't already.

IP DOES NOT HELP.

I'm not talking to anyone specific, I'd just like to spread the fact that IP bans, and IP tracking is completely futile. Why? Because anyone who knows the slightest bit about computers should also know that you can (probably) change your IP within 3 minutes. Or less.

For me, anyways, all it takes is walking downstairs, flipping the switch on the modem, and switching it back on. IP limitations are completely useless for the most part, since anyone who's seriously abusing something and needs to be permanently banned / some sort of limitation should know how to get around it anyways.

Corrupt dragon have no special attacks?

spearbk8.png

It started degrading when I equipped it

I'm going to put an offer on GE for the corrupt dragon battleaxe. If none of the weapons have specials, then the baxe is the best KO weapon in f2p.

Rao.png