High Detail- Not just flashy, its useful!

Roberthree

Alright, heres the deal. If you play in high detail mode and stretch the window to cover half of your screen, you can nearly triple your range of sight.

[hide=Example!]rslongscreenislooooooong.jpg[/hide]

Normally I would only be able to see a tiny bit of that.

This is useful in many situations, I'll name a few of my favorites here:

Slayer- Being able to click monsters that would normally be off screen is enormously useful. Normally on a waterfiends task I'd only see one or two of them at a time. Now I see nearly half of them, and I can monitor the dragons easily!

Fishing- At shilo village, I can see all the spots near the furnace. I also do not need to run or move my camera to see the spot past the bridge, I can check it while crossing. It saves alot of hassle when you want to raise your fishing.

Godwars- I can check the levels of aviansie, attack aviansie, and pick up drops all in one swift movement instead of running around like a madman. I havn't had the need to go boss hunting yet But I can imagine this being wildy useful at Saradomin's God Wars.

Castle Wars/Stealing Creation/Fight Pits/Ect.- You can see players/recourses from farther away, not only is this less clicking but running around trying to see stuff can get you killed.

I used to not play in HD because I feared lag. I've been playing in HD for weeks and it doesn't lag that much more often than Low Detail did, and any lag is made up for by being able to one click way more stuff.

If You have the requirements, give high detail a try!!

People play in low detail because:

They prefer it.

Their pc isn't compatible with the HD version.

They want too, showing things people already know isn't going to make them change their mind.

Most people play on low detail because their computer doesn't have the requirements for high detail.

And when I play and high detail, I play on High Detail (Small) for the reason I like to see what I'm doing, and not having super small items.

theirs different kinds of lag, connection lag and system lag.

for example, i can play on HD but, it causes jerky animations. So i choose no to, plus i rather play on low detail it feels less dirty ro something. Quality isnt my main concern anyway.

the lag you speak of is probably not system lag tho. I may be wrong, but i might not be. Whatever, I just dont see why a thread to hype up HD is needed.

Sometimes I hook up my laptop to my PC monitor and dul screen it. It look sa little odd in the middel, and there is angular distortion when your resolution is about 2400x800. Views are done from a point, not a large window, so using my setup I things look tilted at the edges. The problem is my laptop was not intended for that sort of thing, so I have to turn the AA off or suffer 5 frames/sec.

I play in low detail because I prefer it over high detail because I am used to it. I can run HD I do it when at GWD as you said for the wider screen. But since I do most of my clicking off the minimap I have no use for the wider screen and maybe a tiny bit of extra lag which is annoying in GWD and CW when your trying to stop someone or score. I think mainly because I find no need to run HD other than a few places I use low detail with absolutely NO lag which is just the best if your doing something important. Also the texture is a bit too much for my liking.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

High detail also rocks if you're doing other things online.

I won't show a picture but say i'm doing somehting like making potions, in high detail and by adjusting how the screen is I can play rs with a small square strip about as wide as 1/8th of my computer screen (where in this square all i can see is the bank and my inventory and a bit of the chat box. So i can do other stuff while on the comp :D

Like many others have already mentioned, most people who are in low detail want to go HD, but cannot because their computers cannot handle it. My old computer could barely run low detail let alone HD, but my new one is better. I can go HD, yet I notice frame by frame lag, so I just normally use low detail. But if I do update my computer sometime soon, I'll remember to go HD and avoid clicking and using the arrow keys like a madman, haahaa. I'd expect that to help while rcing, wcing, fishing, a cooking, as well as a multitude of other tasks. Thanks for the tip :)

This has been posted before... many times.

i prefer low detail because you can click things in the game window faster.

it's better for training in my opinion.

...what? It's the same speed...

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I have quite a bit of lag in HD so I play low detail. I'm nonstop pking, so being lag-free is crucial. Fullscreen might be useful for a pker so I can see lots of things with ease, so I might consider doing it sometime.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yes, I for one love high detail myself. The extra view is excellent and the graphics look 10x better on a bigger screen. You should check out this extension if you like the extra space while you play in firefox.

Compact Menu 2 - What it does is takes File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help & throws it all into one drop down menu. You can also remove some buttons and extra space to maximize even more storage space while playing. The only thing I view in my firefox is the navigation bar (where you type your websites) I remove the menu bar and the status bar down at the bottom.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4550

xxteargodxx.png

This has been posted before... many times.

i prefer low detail because you can click things in the game window faster.

it's better for training in my opinion.

...what? It's the same speed...

No, he's right, it's faster.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Compact Menu 2 - What it does is takes File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help & throws it all into one drop down menu. You can also remove some buttons and extra space to maximize even more storage space while playing. The only thing I view in my firefox is the navigation bar (where you type your websites) I remove the menu bar and the status bar down at the bottom.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4550

I've added this but do I have to customize it or anything to get it to work? Right now I still have all my menus separate. :wall:

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. :thumbsup:

OT: I use low detail because my computer lags in high detail enough that it's not worth it.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

People play in low detail because:

They prefer it.

Their pc isn't compatible with the HD version.

They want too, showing things people already know isn't going to make them change their mind.

Precisely. I get 2 frames per second. Which is weird because my hardware is way above what's needed. :\

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!