Skills that most need updating

runevirage

Firemaking and Mining. In that order. Firemaking is obvious, everybody has been complaining about that for ages. I'll admit the beacons are cool, but not very useful in terms of everyday gaming. They could have the ability to burn towns once you reach level 99 firemaking... :twisted:

Mining for the same reasons everyone here is saying, there haven't been any good updates in forever (besides inferno adze, and what good does that do?)

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been said but mining and agility need work.

More agility shortcuts and uses would be nice and mining needs some kind of xp minigame or something to revitilise and change it.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

In no such order;

Agility, Mining, Firemaking (perhaps all "fun" minigames with decent rewards?)

^agreed.

Agility has no real use other then some nifty shortcuts, which aren't used ever since you can teleport pretty much everywhere.

Mining, no real update since ever. Not fun. Not rewarding. Needs updating fast.

Firemaking, we can definitly update this one. Don't come in debating that firemaking isn't useless because of shades of mortton.

Agree, but everyone seems to be forgetting hunter. Hunter is like chinchompa's, that's it. No other use.

Also, thieving is pretty narrow too. You've got Pp and blackjacking.

Well... I do agree with skills such as: Firemaking, Mining and Agility needing very big improvements. But, it's very hard to improve those skills.

I personally believe skills like Farming and Construction need some good additions.

(Just to name a few)

Farming:

POH Farming Patch (This was promised by Jagex years ago =\ & Construction add-on)

Growing high lvl foods (That heal as much shark and stuff - Fishing shouldn't be the only good food source)

Construction:

mmm... TBH I can't think of any off-hand.

I'll edit this when I do

Any suggestions would be cool

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I'd rather see them make wortwhile updates that make people raise the skill because it is useful, not because it is easy xp or they want level 99.

There should be more challenging ways to raise skills that require the player to be more involved than simply click minimize RS, check back in 30 seconds and repeat, or skills that are constant clicking without actually doing anything.

Having said that I think mining fishing and firemaking shoudl get some updates.

I could imagine an update for fishing would be fishing from your own boat, and I don't mean anything like trawler fishing. The way I see it you're out there in the ocean or on a lake in a small rowboat peacefully fishing. You make the boat yourself out of your materials and the boat you can make depends on your fishing woodcutting and perhaps construction and crafting levels. Lower level boats would rot and start taking in water more quickly than a higher level boat. They would also not be so strong against a random event such as a wave which could send your boat tumbling away (agility and strength would help keep your balance.) Maybe a giant octopus could appear and attack you forcing you to either move or have a challenging fight (harpoon required) who knows what kind of loot you could get from such a mythical creature? Fishing from your boat wouldn't be all random events and sinking baots though. Your boat could hold lots of fish before returning to dock (amount of fish dependent on type of boat.) Perhaps some new types of fish could only be caught while on a boat or they can be caught much easier than fishing from the shore or a pier. Maybe at higher levels you can create larger boats that are able to hold several fishermen. Now you can go fishing off the coast of Karamja (or pretty much anywhere for that matter)and relax with your friends. Even higher levels could create even larger ships capable of carrying even more fishermen and have aother bonuses. Larger ships may even require people to serve as the crew, the captain, etc, while others are fishing but upon return everyone profits in reward and experience. This could even open up a whole new naval battle mini game which involves player made ships and crews going to battle against eachother. Do you have what it takes to be the captain of a ship or the admiral of a fleet or do you prefer to get your hands dirty and will work aboard as a seaman?

I could also imagine there being hidden dungeons or caves scattered around runescape. You will be able to locate these ancient locations through your skills, logi and knowledge of Runescape among other things. Inside these hidden and dungeons tombs and temples lies great treasure but centuries of neglect has made them near inaccessible and extremely unstable. It is up to you and your team to excavate and explore them. This would be no easy task. Requiring precision teamwork and time. Excavating and exploring the temple will call upon your mining construction thieving and agility skills greatly. Lower leveled miners would dig the general digsite, higher level miners will come in to do more precision digging to prevent damage or a complete collapse of the ground. Carpenters would build scaffolds and supports to reinforce the area. Once inside you will be able to find ancient treasures and artifacts some which could be equipped, others displayed in a museum or you may just decide it look sbetter in your house. It could also be possible using a wide variety of skills to completely renovate the site. Doing al this sounds like a long and tedious process-it is, but the experience gained and other rewards you can get from it make this a more than excellent way to train your skills. Who knows what other things you may uncover from new areas to new monsters and items, the possibilities are endless.

Ok I think I kind of got carried away with my post but I think I still made my point that I think skills should be able to be trained by actually doing things that are involved and challenging(at a decent rate, not like the current minigames), not just repetitively clicking the same rock or tree for three months until you're about to vomit. And I think those are pretty good ideas anyway and I could really imagine them being put in.

I think hunter, firemaking, and mining could all benefit from a task-based minigame (kind of like slayer). For example...go mine xxx rocks in this mine and hunt xx of these and xx of these. Of course, the exp rewards would have to be very good for these to be alternatives to grinding (in terms of exp, not enjoyment).

2496 Completionist

its a no brainer!!! look at my stats sig and see whats under 70, if i havent trained it to 70 then its a skill in need of some work.

i have money so r\c is horrible

i have money so theif is useless

con is ok but id rather be superheating mith

summoning they got right. comes as a by-product. quick to train while training. has to be bought and yet cant be bought.

mmmorgan.png

Mmmorgan.png

Firemaking

Mining

Hitpoints (the most ignored skill in the history of Runescape, and nobody gives a darn).

Jagex messed with the beacons by omitting one simple thing: Letting us continue getting bonus xp when we relit a beacon that burned out. Think about it, you'd not keep 14 beacons lit for long, but imagine a player running to the bank and back along the network trying to keep 6, 8 or maybe even 10 lit, each time getting a 4k xp bonus. It'd be the FM equivalent of Pyramid Plunder, with MAYBE having. Plus I could higher runners and pay using junk trading.

For updating firemaking, it's easy to update. If they allowed bonfires (higher levels can light multiple logs at one time), let the skill have on impact on fighting fire based monsters (resistant to damage, deals better damage). Heck, imagine being able to wield fire weapons.

Mining is easy to update if they did little bits like allowing higher levels to get multiple rocks from the same stone, allowed trace mining (prospecting rocks reveal trace element of higher ore, which offers chance to mine it). Create a Dragon or Obsidian pick. Better skill levels let you attack stone and metal based monsters easier.

Tie the skills to combat and to each other to allow players to create higher level items. If you think about it, combat is an item creator. Combat creates the best items in the game. So why can't someone with 85 in farming, fletching, crafting, and woodcutting to grow a spirit tree, cut a log from it for a bow frame, cut it down and dig up the root to craft the string and fletch a level 75 bow?

Why can't someone with 99 in firemaking, smithing, crafting, and mining not use those skills to mine obsidian ore, smith it with runite and black dragon hide using high heat from 20 mage tree logs on a beacon to create Obsidian Plate mail?

It's not rocket science.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Each skill including mellee stats needs higher lvl things so that once you hit 99 you unlock something new. From 1-99 there needs to always be something new every few lvls. Going from say 80-85 odd through to 99 unlocking nothing is kinda well, not the best.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Mining - While there have been some nice improvements (shooting stars, inferno adze, Varrock Armor 3), it's still far and away the worst skill in the game.

I'd say firemaking is far and away worse than mining, mining is super profitable. That being said, mining needs more updates (new mining locations, quests, ores :thumbsup: )

Skills that need significant updates:

-Firemaking (Duh)

-Smithing, herblore (There's really no benefit to training these skills right now. It's sad.)

-Hunter (Implings are nice and all, but we could really use some new hunter stuff that doesn't suck. I'm looking at you, grenwalls.)

Skills that don't need updates:

-Melee combat (They're frequently updated anyway with new monsters.)

-Magic (How many spellbooks do we need? Seriously.)

-Summoning (Summoning 2.0 covered pretty much everything.)

-Cooking (I have trouble keeping track of all the foods you can cook as it is.)

-Construction (There's enough furniture in this game already.)

-Slayer (Already got its update--Smoking Kills ftw)

Skills that would benefit from updates, but can do without em just fine:

-Runecrafting (Still needs the soul altar and a suitable replacement for rune running, but otherwise it's fine.)

-Mining (Where is my dragon pickaxe?)

-Farming

-Agility

-Thieving

-Fishing

-Woodcutting

The hard thing is to make an update that's worth it. Say they update agility with some minigame, however, it only yields 10k xp an hour. Nobody will do it. Same for mining etc. Either, something is the best way to lvl, and everyone does it, or it ****s and nobody does it. The challenge is to find a balance in between it.

Theres a lot of updates that could be used.

1. Firemaking - I definitely believe this is the most useless skill. After 99, you rarely need it ever again. What I think would be smart and would get people to possibly start doing it is to make a way to get summoning charms from firemaking. I heard from a reliable source that Jagex is actually looking into this and might be creating it, however when, I don't know. Higher logs giving more charms... but it can't just be normal firemaking, there has to be something else to it probably. I dunno, but it needs an update badly. #1 on my list.

2. Agility - it just lacks appeal now. After 81 or something, you don't need it, and most people will stop after 70 because they do Saradomin God Wars, thats it. Super Energies, terrorbirds, bull ants, oo'glog pools, they all just make it pointless. The only way its really good is f2p warring, imo. It needs a little more -- the shortcuts are good, but thats about it. Probably #2 on my list.

After that, not sure.

Mining - No minigames (stars don't really count imo), just like 10 ores you can mine. This just needs to be expanded on. However, theres a reason rune ore and bars are high in price... so thats probably why they haven't added much to it. If they released a way to make it tons faster to get 85, it would hurt the economy a lot. So I'm not sure.

Construction - Just needs a few updates so its nowhere high on the list. Farming patches (someone suggested it earlier), small summon obelisk, maybe a possible big summon obelisk but I don't think that would be smart. Would ruin the Spirit Kyatt kinda... except for the loading times. But someone with nothing but an exit portal and an obelisk would have a really fast time... so high construction? This isn't high up, but the farming patches would be nice... and the small summon obelisk really should be added lol.

Idk what else. But FM and Agility are definitely the highest on my list.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Agility - The only update it has had in years is more courses... It's still boring as hell and the only "rewards" are shortcuts at 80 and 81 people hardly use because those places are outdated.

Thieving - The only things people ever steal are trinkets.

Hunter - There is only 1 spot to train it, it's always crowded and chinchompas are the only products of the skill people ever use. The imps were a step in the right direction, but it's way too small an update. Oh and spottier capes are used as well, but, yea...

Firemaking - It's just a way to use logs, the adze is awsome but that's it. Burning shades was good 2 years ago, but it became a waste of time.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Definately firemaking. I'm dubious towards mining as though I'd love it to get an update, it would probably drastically effect the economy no matter what sort of update is given so not really =\ Agility needs an update too methinks.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'd rather see them make wortwhile updates that make people raise the skill because it is useful, not because it is easy xp or they want level 99.

There should be more challenging ways to raise skills that require the player to be more involved than simply click minimize RS, check back in 30 seconds and repeat, or skills that are constant clicking without actually doing anything.

Having said that I think mining fishing and firemaking shoudl get some updates.

I could imagine an update for fishing would be fishing from your own boat, and I don't mean anything like trawler fishing. The way I see it you're out there in the ocean or on a lake in a small rowboat peacefully fishing. You make the boat yourself out of your materials and the boat you can make depends on your fishing woodcutting and perhaps construction and crafting levels. Lower level boats would rot and start taking in water more quickly than a higher level boat. They would also not be so strong against a random event such as a wave which could send your boat tumbling away (agility and strength would help keep your balance.) Maybe a giant octopus could appear and attack you forcing you to either move or have a challenging fight (harpoon required) who knows what kind of loot you could get from such a mythical creature? Fishing from your boat wouldn't be all random events and sinking baots though. Your boat could hold lots of fish before returning to dock (amount of fish dependent on type of boat.) Perhaps some new types of fish could only be caught while on a boat or they can be caught much easier than fishing from the shore or a pier. Maybe at higher levels you can create larger boats that are able to hold several fishermen. Now you can go fishing off the coast of Karamja (or pretty much anywhere for that matter)and relax with your friends. Even higher levels could create even larger ships capable of carrying even more fishermen and have aother bonuses. Larger ships may even require people to serve as the crew, the captain, etc, while others are fishing but upon return everyone profits in reward and experience. This could even open up a whole new naval battle mini game which involves player made ships and crews going to battle against eachother. Do you have what it takes to be the captain of a ship or the admiral of a fleet or do you prefer to get your hands dirty and will work aboard as a seaman?

I could also imagine there being hidden dungeons or caves scattered around runescape. You will be able to locate these ancient locations through your skills, logi and knowledge of Runescape among other things. Inside these hidden and dungeons tombs and temples lies great treasure but centuries of neglect has made them near inaccessible and extremely unstable. It is up to you and your team to excavate and explore them. This would be no easy task. Requiring precision teamwork and time. Excavating and exploring the temple will call upon your mining construction thieving and agility skills greatly. Lower leveled miners would dig the general digsite, higher level miners will come in to do more precision digging to prevent damage or a complete collapse of the ground. Carpenters would build scaffolds and supports to reinforce the area. Once inside you will be able to find ancient treasures and artifacts some which could be equipped, others displayed in a museum or you may just decide it look sbetter in your house. It could also be possible using a wide variety of skills to completely renovate the site. Doing al this sounds like a long and tedious process-it is, but the experience gained and other rewards you can get from it make this a more than excellent way to train your skills. Who knows what other things you may uncover from new areas to new monsters and items, the possibilities are endless.

Ok I think I kind of got carried away with my post but I think I still made my point that I think skills should be able to be trained by actually doing things that are involved and challenging(at a decent rate, not like the current minigames), not just repetitively clicking the same rock or tree for three months until you're about to vomit. And I think those are pretty good ideas anyway and I could really imagine them being put in.

Go post this on the RSOF right now, seriously go, why are you still reading this? MOVE IT SOLDIER!

cool_sig1.jpg