Tip.It Times Presents: RuneScape Media Revolution

n_odie

Another Tip.It Times for you!

This week's article, RuneScape Media Revolution by ForsakenMage, covers the change in RuneScape's fan based media. Does over editing ruin an accomplishment or add to it? Enjoy the article!

Theres nothing quite like a picture. As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. It could be a picture of you getting your first adamant plate body, or you running into an old glitch by chance. Something could be said of them: positive, negative, maybe some sort of spam comment or two (or more sometimes). It all contributes to the thousand of words...

>>>RuneScape Media Revolution<<<

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Very nice article about how the quality of RS meida, videos/still pictures, I really enjoyed it.

Well done Forsakenmage! :thumbsup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Did You Know...

... that the new Dragon Platebody is the first torso armor to give accuracy bonusses to Stab, Slash and Crush? It's only +1 though, but considering that the Dragon Platebody also has the best defensive bonus next to Guthan, Torag, and Dharok's plate, it is a worthy investment to consider if you plan to be training a long time.

I did not know that. =D>

Who takes the time to make RS related pics?

Only people like me I'm afraid....made a whole vid usin MS paint of "Future" rs items

So here's a sneak peek of one of the items created for my next version!

DemonArmour.png

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

I really enjoyed the (what could be taken as, if you're a pessimist, "price manipulation") stuff at the end with the Dplate.

Good article though. Single snapped pictures are ftw in my book. Rate/judge the picture, not all that extra [cabbage].

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

i personally prefer photoshop and other picture modification software to the videos they have on you tube.

the videos dont do it for me

the "unregistered hypercam" box in the corner (when they have them) kind of amuses me though

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Nothing is more pathetic to me than a RuneScape video. Watching somebody stumble through their typing with the poorest of grammar is certainly not my idea of fun.

Screenshots are infinitely superior.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I still take pictures all the time. Because i got 640 RS Screen Shots.

I started with taking a picture of frog legs... And after that i just didn't stop.

Oh, and the "Did You Know?' section is false.

Dragon Platebody gives no accuracy bonuses. I checked the RS KB and the Tip it items KB :roll:.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I enjoyed the read, but the person that did the "did you know..." is a bit of a noob. I have a few freinds that let me go on there account for a while when they have dinner or something. I went on one of them, and he had the dragon platebody. I wore it to see the stats. There WASNT any extra for accuracy for ANY of the crush, stab or slash. /

But overall, the read was good :thumbsup:

oO.png

Underbannerfinished.png

Who takes the time to make RS related pics?

Only people like me I'm afraid....made a whole vid usin MS paint of "Future" rs items

So here's a sneak peek of one of the items created for my next version!

DemonArmour.png

Nice pic, but what is the armour called? lol

oO.png

Underbannerfinished.png

I enjoyed the read, but the person that did the "did you know..." is a bit of a noob. I have a few freinds that let me go on there account for a while when they have dinner or something. I went on one of them, and he had the dragon platebody. I wore it to see the stats. There WASNT any extra for accuracy for ANY of the crush, stab or slash. /

But overall, the read was good :thumbsup:

Account sharing is against the rules...

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

Not only does the dragon platebody not give melee attack bonuses, but if it did, it wouldn't be the only torso to do so, the pvp-only melee drops have some. As for the article, screenshots are much better than videos. Videos are large in size and thus may take time to load, are often of low quality, and usually have music in the background.

quit

While reading this it made me regret taking pictures instead of videos of all of my achievements. Although it did make me go back through them all and I came across some pictures I hadn't seen in a long time. I will try Hypercam again today to see if it lags my computer during Runescape. Maybe I'll just get over my OCD of playing Runescape perfectly smooth with out lag, lol. I don't think using paint for screen shots is worst then Photoshop or anything for "capturing the moment." Doctoring the photos I think messes up the picture and makes it worst when looking back at it later on. I always love these articles, lol.

Marceno2.gif

Marceno2.png

The Dragon platebody does not give those bonuses. My Brother has one, and I just saw him put it on and off. It does not change the accuracy bonuses of Stab, Slash and Crush.

It did at the time this Did You Know was submitted... It has since been changed...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The Dragon platebody does not give those bonuses. My Brother has one, and I just saw him put it on and off. It does not change the accuracy bonuses of Stab, Slash and Crush.

It did at the time this Did You Know was submitted... It has since been changed...

Sorry, I did not know. Anyway, I forgot to mention it was a good read.

Good read. Pics and vids both have their pros and cons.

I would choose if I got a level or wanted to show my bank pic. People who make vids of their bank vary in speed of scrolling through their banks. Too fast and the audience can't see anything. Too slow and the audience falls asleep.

On the other hand, Vids are better for pks because it proves nothing was set up and the style of the pker: something pictures, or even words, cannot show.

But that was a good read and got me thinking of something I had never really thought of before. Thanks for it :)