Got any runescape rumors with humor?

jjjon123

Ahh, where to start..? :)

(Note: This might actually be true, but I've never seen it) Back in RuneScape Classic, you could, when in a trade, offer an amount like 1000 nails and 2000 coins, and if you were standing by a wall (this is where rares were traded back the, the Varrock castle) the color of the nails would blend in with the color of the wall, making it impossible to see, and it would seem that you were offering 20001000 coins instead of 2000 coins and 1000 nails. Can someone confirm this? I think there's some truth there...

I'll post some more if I'm able to remember them.

Here:

3scammer.jpg

Its not 10m, its only 100k and a few needles.

From Xx Jut Xx's runescape site.

Exactly, so it's no rumor after all. Thanks for clearing that out (and for the nice picture! :o)

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it last Christmas or the Christmas before it that had the fabled Ice Sword? I remember the RSOF blowing up with threads trying to buy it too, much like the Flare Sword. I think the "Ice Sword" turned out to be Dark Daggers from the Legends Quest.

Mining guild:

-Need free coal plz

-need free coal plz

-Need free coal plz

-I've heard there's a place where you can get decent amounts of coal for free.

-were?

-Here.

-how?

Took him some time to get it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Was it last Christmas or the Christmas before it that had the fabled Ice Sword? I remember the RSOF blowing up with threads trying to buy it too, much like the Flare Sword. I think the "Ice Sword" turned out to be Dark Daggers from the Legends Quest.

No, it was shadow sword from some mini quest.

Once this guy walked up to me while I was mining. He said he'd sell me a key ,for the cheap price of 2 million gp, that would open up a weapons storage room in Burthorpe where you could get unlimited armor and weapons. I had already done Death Plateau so I knew what the weapon room was really about. So I played along for a while, brought him to the bank, grabbed some runes and teleported out :mrgreen:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

(Note: This might actually be true, but I've never seen it) Back in RuneScape Classic, you could, when in a trade, offer an amount like 1000 nails and 2000 coins, and if you were standing by a wall (this is where rares were traded back the, the Varrock castle) the color of the nails would blend in with the color of the wall, making it impossible to see, and it would seem that you were offering 20001000 coins instead of 2000 coins and 1000 nails. Can someone confirm this? I think there's some truth there...

Those were needles I believe, and it was placing a needle one tradebox away from your coin pile (in RSC, traded items were put into boxes adjacent to each other, rather than now where there are no boxes and they are further apart). The tradebox was actually not large enough to fit in the integer for a certain number of coins (I think it was 8 digits total?), so it would appear that the numbers were overflowing out of the box; placing a needle in the adjacent box would make it seem as if you were offering 10 times the value you actually were.

I remember the alt+f4 scam, so many people tried it on me when i was younger (good thing i knew a lot about comps from my dad :lol: )

I remember people were making up all these crazy rumours about how to get the shadow sword when it first came out (luckily my friend was one of the first to discover that so i got it and people were amazed, lol)

I herd stories as crazy as that you had to kill all the bodd monsters with no food, and other wild stuff.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I was once told you could get a scythe from casting curse on the log piles west of Varrock.

That is one of the, if not most popular rumour ever.

Also another one where I'm told that if I kill high level creatures on a specific holiday, I would get that holiday item.

Example; Kill an ice giant during christmas to get a santa hat. (This was when I was in non members and lvl 50 was very high to me)

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

No, it was shadow sword from some mini quest.

It was the rapier from the pirates.No shadow sword during the childerkins event.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

This one's not really a rumor, it's just a stupid misunderstanding. I asked a guy from my class how me made his money. He told me he made his money by delivering newspapers. For a week, I walked around RuneScape, searching for this newpaper job. Turns out my friend thought I meant real money, not RuneScape money. He was a paper boy in real life =D>

Really made me lol Joe.

Also made me lol,

A couple years back when I first started some friends of mine said that Mc'Donalds was a friend of Jagex and there was a mcdonalds in level 40 wildy.

And Joe, when I first started I used to thing the Alchemy spells turned your items into gold. I remember casting it while killing Goblins and wondering where my item went (I didn't realise it turned it into GP.)

I haven't really heard many rumours, apart from that one about [bleep]e, that was awfully amusing to see people believing it. :lol:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Look in general discussion theres a good topic on one. It says that the trade limit will be removed for Christmas....

no it doesn't.

That's why he posts it in a rumor topic...

omg..... :wall: :wall:

the topic doesn't say the trade limit will be removed,it's justa discussion topic!

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Look in general discussion theres a good topic on one. It says that the trade limit will be removed for Christmas....

no it doesn't.

the topic doesn't say the trade limit will be removed,it's justa discussion topic!

Though it's quite a funnny discussion. :thumbup:

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

no it doesn't.

Though it's quite a funnny discussion. :thumbup:

i agree,but it isn't a rumor.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I believed a guy when he said that there were five keys to open varrock vault in the whole game. (Damn i was a noob..)

I remember when the Weapon store key was just renamed(called "key" before i think), a lot of people tried to scam, saying it will open the Varrock's bank Vault. Felt for it and tried :D Didn't buy it thought. ::'