Do you like to read?

Joes_So_Cool

I kinda find it odd I enjoyed all the books I had to read for class this schoolyear...

Finished reading "Lord of the Flies" last week. Excellent book in my opinion. :)

great book, terrible ending though(like just last page how things turned out was good)

Read Hamlet for english class, best Shakespeare ever, put Macbeth to shame IMO

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally finished reading The Stand a few weeks ago. Long-[wagon] book, clocks in at the longest I've ever read by about 10 pages. (A Storm of Swords is second.)

Overall I liked it, but some parts just plain plodded.

Currently reading Paradise Lost.

p2gq.jpg

Currently reading Paradise Lost.

Paradise Lost is difficult to read. I've got a fully annotated version, and even then I need to sit with a bible next to me to understand each page properly.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I like meh Dr. Suess. :lol:

Other than that, I only read books for school assignments. I like Harry Potter.

I love to read:

I just finished "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski and it was probably the most mindblowing experience of my life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_leaves

Other than that im reading "The Scarlet Letter"by Nathaniel Hawthorne for College English 12

"Deception Point" by Dan Brown at home

Lol Lenin i cant believe I didnt think of that. (If you dont know, every time the word "House" appears in the book it is blue, including on the cover)

Sig

I love to read:

I just finished "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski and it was probably the most mindblowing experience of my life.

Finally someone else. <3:

I liked it too. Too much reality storm going on there, funny thing is I was reading Life of Pi at the same time, so I keep on having these weird moments when I think to myself, is this real ?

Just plain odd.

Read Hamlet for english class, best Shakespeare ever, put Macbeth to shame IMO

Hard to believe.Though of course,I liked the Julius Caesar ones.

Tom Clancy's Submarine for me.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I like to write more than I like to read. Right now I'm writing a short novel, hopefully will end up around 15-20k words.

I feel the same way. I write a lot of stories, I do read a lot, but nothing compares to creating your own work.

I found this book called Homeland by John Jakes. Sounds cool since its historic fiction and I'm into history.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I love to read:

I just finished "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski and it was probably the most mindblowing experience of my life.

I liked it too. Too much reality storm going on there, funny thing is I was reading Life of Pi at the same time, so I keep on having these weird moments when I think to myself, is this real ?

Just plain odd.

You know, Adrenal, you used to rub me the wrong way. But now I love you like the son I never had. Steel, too. Best. Book. Ever. But you forgot to color "House". I posted the Hell out of it on the last reading topic.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I love to read:

Just plain odd.

You know, Adrenal, you used to rub me the wrong way. But now I love you like the son I never had. Steel, too. Best. Book. Ever. But you forgot to color "House". I posted the Hell out of it on the last reading topic.

Eh, live and let die. <3:

Do you know of any of the "easter eggs"

I haven't managed to find many.

I'm wanting Tipit's advice on something, I'm considering reading Les Miserables and War and Peace, but they are very long books, and I know if I start them I'll keep reading until I've finished them, no matter how boring they are...but has anyone who has read them found them to be interesting or have value?

revan-1.gif

I'm wanting Tipit's advice on something, I'm considering reading Les Miserables and War and Peace, but they are very long books, and I know if I start them I'll keep reading until I've finished them, no matter how boring they are...but has anyone who has read them found them to be interesting or have value?

War and Peace has the reputation it does for a reason. It can be a struggle at times, but it is a fantastic book, and if you're interested in Tolstoy then War and Peace is great because it communicates his philosophy very nicely.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I've started (litterally, only 5 pages last night) reading Mein Kampf.

Apparently it's absolutely dreadful. I've been meaning to read it, just to get some kind of insight, but there's better words for me to be filling my head with.

It is pretty hard to get into reading it, but i find it very intresting reading his ideas. I'm not saying i'm an antisemite, but as a person who is intrested in history it holds a great value in trying to understand him a bit better.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It's in a setting where books are illegal, but a group of people read the books over and over again to memorize them so once books are legal, they can write them. I believe it's set in the future (?) It's an odd book.

Anyways, anything by Stephen King is great. I've only read Cell, The Shining, and currently reading The Tommyknockers :thumbup:

My brother handed me the book "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell last summer, and it blew my mind. Earlier today, at Chapters (a book store), my dad and I found out he wrote another TWO books \'

So i'm currently reading Blink (his 2nd) and my dad the third, which I forget the title. They're amazing books, explaining social epidemics and all sorts of good stuff everyone loves reading about.

hiccup.png

I'm trying to find the next book to Point of Impact...but can't.Anyway,currently reading The Novice by Trudi Canavan,part two of the Dark Magician trilogy.

1984 was fun.And following that,will look into Fahrenheit 451.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I haven't read anything for a while; just recently started reading the Tomorrow series after a long stint of reading poker theory books. Which reminds me, if anyone plays a fair bit of poker and is interested in getting into HU: I suggest Collin Moshman's book Heads-up no-limit Hold'em, really good material and a decent price.

Edit: Forgot to add, I really only like to read war/crime type of books. So I have a lot of John Grisham, John Marsden, Robert Harris, etc. Some Steven King floating around but horror/thriller books aren't as grasping to me as their movie genre so not as much there.

It's in a setting where books are illegal, but a group of people read the books over and over again to memorize them so once books are legal, they can write them. I believe it's set in the future (?) It's an odd book.

Anyways, anything by Stephen King is great. I've only read Cell, The Shining, and currently reading The Tommyknockers :thumbup:

you have to read Pet Sematary. It's a classic.

I found all these books by [bleep] Francis downstairs the other day, I'm going through all of them now. They aren't a very hard read, but they are very entertaining. They are all mysteries/thrillers to do with horse raising, set in England in the 60s.

snowsigyy7.png

Edit: Forgot to add, I really only like to read war/crime type of books. So I have a lot of John Grisham, John Marsden, Robert Harris, etc. Some Steven King floating around but horror/thriller books aren't as grasping to me as their movie genre so not as much there.

Not much of a war,but Point of Impact is about this sniper dude...Vietnam vet and all.The movie Shooter was based on it,if thats a reference point.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]