Do you like to read?

Joes_So_Cool

I read alot. But I download the books off The Pirate Bay or something... I don't have the money to buy books. :?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read alot. But I download the books off The Pirate Bay or something... I don't have the money to buy books. :?

I've never thought about downloading books before...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I know! I spent all this time downloading movies and TV shows, then I realised books were being torrented too.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I love to read, ever since I learned to read it's been my favourite activity.

As for recommendations, the best books I read recently were the Shardlake series by C.S. Sansom: Dissolution, Dark Fire, Sovereign. (you should read them in this order). I dare anyone to read these books and not like them, they're just too suspenseful and entertaining to put down. Very well written and evocative too. Dark Fire was my favourite of the bunch but the other two were awesome as well. I just saw there's another book he just published in the same series called 'Revelation'. Too late to put it on the Christmas list though :P Anyway, the books are basically crime novels set in 16th century England, so there is a lot of history involved as well, but not the boring kind I learned at school, this is the interesting stuff. And since the writer is a historian himself, the books are heavily based on real fact. Oh and don't think they're some sort of 'Tudors' series, the writer is not romanticising that period at all; on the contrary even: the books are gritty and grim and sometimes even downright gothic. (gives self bonus for consonance ;p)

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

They just invented this thing, called a library.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I, personally do not read. After reading awhile I start to get headaches, which last all day at school. (Schools here banned those kind of medication, unless a note from a doctor)

If the book interests me, like A familiar book then I'll read it.

258uo8n.jpg

I read 400/600 pages in a very short time,on a book I was absorbing everything of.I finished HP7 within a couple of hours,abd can tell you honestly how 75% of the book was them prancing around,and while things fell in nicely,it took very little thought.

I like reading GOOD books,I disliked the second half of the HP series.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I always judge a book by it's cover #-o I know you're not supposed to do it... I read stuff that my English Lit teacher recommends and stuff that we discuss in class. She's always presenting us extracts from the novels and they always so interesting.

I have a slight obsession with books that have characters with some sort of mental disorder. My latest read was Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

I also read books over and over again. I've gone through a few books at least 10 times (harry potter).

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I know! I spent all this time downloading movies and TV shows, then I realised books were being torrented too.

I tried to read Brave New World on my computer, stopped at the sixth page. I can't stand it. :|

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

If the book doesn't interest me, then I don't read it.

Thats kinda the way I am, just a lot of the time I dont really have the attention span to read. I'd rather be playing video games then reading.

I'm going to rot my brain :lol:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Honestly, I find Audiobooks more enjoyable than written works.

You all seem to like Dystopian Sci-Fi books (E.G 1984); based on that alone, I would recommend 'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess. At first, the book seems hard to understand, but once you learn the slang used by the main character, you'll unveil the greatest psycological thriller of out time.

If anyone is struggling to find something to read, head to Amazon, search your favourite novel, and there'll be a list of books people like you enjoyed. Head to gutenberg.org, print your book off, then enjoy :mrgreen:

People in OT eat glass O_o

I find it difficult to get in to novels. If it's not educational then I don't usually read it. It won't hold my short attention span, long enough.

I like to read my son books the most though I get to put on funny voices etc and it makes him laugh. We got this book the other day that has a puppy as a finger puppet which has a little magnet on the end of his nose. The book is about the little dog finding his owners objects such as blue building blocks and food items etc and the dogs nose will magnetize to the right objects.

Other titles include counting with spot, the mr men series, animals etc

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

They just invented this thing, called a library.

I wouldn't even have a clue where my cities library is!

I don't plan on finding out either :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

If i'm gonna read a newspaper, aftonbladet and expressen can shove their paper up their [wagon].

And if i don't want to read a left-wing paper there's basically just one paper (i hate those left-wing papers), so i read Dagens Nyheter (which is the best newspaper if i don't wanna read online).

Otherwise i enjoy reading about music history, northern Europe (mostly Scandinavia), swedish airplanes and fishing.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Just finished "The Time Travellers Wife" which was a brilliant book although I personally didnt find the ending to be as good as the rest, but I would recommend it to all.

Loads of books I want to read anyway, In the ashes series, 19something, we and a few others ive been recommend.

Read the Harry Potter books about twice although kinda doesnt count reading book 7, 3 times in one holiday.

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

I love reading. Just read five books since December. I usually just find old books lying around and reading them, I never judge. My mom got me Misery by Stephen King as an early present and I finished it over the weekend. I nearly pissed myself reading that one, scary as hell, but I would definitely recommend it. It's about an obsessed fan that kidnaps her favorite author after she finds him in a car crash and makes him write her a book. :P

[hide=Spoiler]She cuts his foot and his thumb off. :lol:[/hide]

]

I tried to read Brave New World on my computer, stopped at the sixth page. I can't stand it. :|

I don't think you got far enough to really have a good opinion on it. The starting chapters drag a bit, but it does pick up around the time "The Savage" is really introduced, albeit he is probably more civilised by my standards.

Anyway, I'd reccomend

Catcher in the Rye

Harry Potter series

His Dark Materials series

LOTR

Brave New World (assuming you can get past the first chapter at least)

Cal

Alex Rider series

Thats all I can think of for now.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I always judge a book by it's cover #-o I know you're not supposed to do it...

I always do that too :P And my initial judgment is still usually true after reading the book, which is interesting.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I read bunches of classics.. >_> Jane Austen and whatnot. But.. I also like/have liked:

(Love, in this case..) The Alex Rider series, =D> Cherub, Maximum Ride series, The Hobbit, and A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Ironic.

This is a forum.

:lol:

Anyway, I dont particularly like reading books. Books bore me to death. I havent found one to date that actually had me enthusiastic about the situation the main character/s were in.

Also; there are some booknerds at my school who are so rebelious, they DONT DO THEIR WORK

and read instead.

Wow.

:-# Oi lay off. You can get in a lot of trouble if you're caught you know.. *looks around*

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Books? Always.

In a car or plane, I've always got on on hand.

My desk is piled with them--my entire house is a mess.

My libraries are double layered, the stacks resemble bricks.

Loose paper sometimes litters the floor when I'm too busy to keep track of breezes.

I was reading a load of science-fiction before, by Jack McDevitt. I tried to get some philosophy in there, too.

Now I'm getting into some non-fiction, last few have been 'The Elegant Universe', 'A Brief History of Time', and now 'The Tao of Physics'.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."